Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP TV] Up Front Episode 11 Archive

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up Front Archive Episode #11

The Up Front webcast from June 26th is now available for listening on-demand.

http://www.takethepiss.com/index.php?page=upfront

"Oh that Thomo - he's so funny" - Argentinian ref makes a comment during a WC match as he listens to Up Front with his iPod headset :D

Thanks to everyone who listened live as well as our 3 featured guests Paul Peschisolido, Bob Lilley, and Bill Currie.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the Archive. Listened this morning, and enjoyed Peschisolido's comments. Reedy's imitation of the Argentinean ref sounded a little more on the oriental side, but "A" for effort nonetheless.

Was also surprised to hear about the landlord issue by the waterfront. Not sure why I should be shocked, but I guess it does make sense that Kirfoot didn't just buy the airspace above the tracks, but the tracks too. It also gives me a bit more hope in that he's in a no-lose situation. He's generating revenue on the land while he awaits decision, all the while as the land is appreciating. So, he's in a no-lose situation. He has all the time in the world to wait this out.

Clearly, the opposition is coming from somebody w/ deep pockets, but not sure what a land developer would have to gain by blocking the stadium...unless the end goal was to actually acquire that space for themselves to develop. It would seem to reason, to me, that a world class stadium of this sort will actually enhance the neighborhood, and serve to increase property value, not diminish it. To restaurants and business owners, this would seem to be a dream come true. As for the three level of governments, a complete no-brainer. All they have to do is piggy back off Kirfoot all the way to the bank. I'm shocked that Premier Campbell has not been more vocal, or even Harper. But, I suppose these are dicey political times for these guys, and they don't want to publicly get off the fence for fear of pissing of another vocal minority group.

How did the last meeting go?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Thanks for the feedback!

The last meeting seemed to go better with many more pro-stadium speakers. The third meeting went last night and really seemed to drag on. Lennard Bobbaduzzi looked like he was going to fall asleep at times :D

They didn't get through all the speakers again so the next meeting is now scheduled for July 11th. Yawn.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0