Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP TV] Up Front Episode 8 Archive

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up Front Archive Episode #8

The eigth Up Front webcast that ran live 10 days ago is now available for listening on-demand.

A big thanks to those that listened live! Please let us know what you thought of the show overall.

The archive player can be found on the Up Front main page:

http://www.takethepiss.com/index.php?page=upfront

Just scroll down the page a bit and you'll see the episode 8 player link.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too funny!:D

Listened to the beginning and end, have yet to catch the middle (will do that on a work night), but Thomo storming out of the Muppet Show has to go down as priceless radio!

Look forward to listening to the rest.

PS: My cousin, Mike Diangelis, played 3 Olympics for Italy. Grew up playing tier 2 junior in the interior, earned a scholarship to Duluth, played 4 years, drafted by the North Stars, but wasn't good enough for even the A. Invited to Italy (paternal grandad was born in Italy)...great career there, and in the German league. Lots of money, cars, houses, presumably women...and capped his career in 1998 against his idol, Gretz. Most of the Italian team are Mike Diangelis types. Mike's a great guy, but...I'm w/ Reedy. If Italy wants a hockey program, they should develop it themselves w/ their own. Fine if Canadians want to play pro there and earn some money, no problem w/ that, but to switch country allegiance...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, caught the rest of the show today. Took about 5 hours, with all the stop and pause. Kind of a cool side feature of the archives. Can go back and listen if I've missed something while "working". Still laughed my ass off at Thomo storming out on Reedy...quality shite! Poor old Keeper was ready for beddy by when Gonzo and Kermit turned his call into a 15 minute guest segment. How does your ear feel from that feedback?

Couple of things:

1. Enjoyed the comments of both TW and DN. Insightful, especially given they are one of the few who who have ever experienced what 99% of Canadian soccer players can only dream of (do we still count Hargraves as Canadian?).

2. The ideal model, moving forward, seems to be to have Canadian players playing together at a higher caliber (domestic league). Pretty sure everyone would agree on that on some level, and agree that the old CSL model didn't work economically. After all, the last time Canada was close was on the heels of the CSL. What about this: if Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal were one day able to gain entry into the MLS, and presuming that revenues from the MLS would be substantially more than USL, a "Reserve League" across Canada of 6 teams (two each owned by the MLS franchises), where guys are paid a reasonable salary to play domestically. The 6 teams could play each other in a domestic league, or in the USL. Out here, you could presumably locate one squad in Victoria, one in Kelowna. Both service by Westjet, how convenient.

3. Does Tomo asking if Reedy bought his LuLus in the gay section conform to TTPs policy whereby "RACIST/HATE REMARKS/DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT FOR HERE"?

4. Has Tomo ever tried on a pair of LuLu pants? They are very comfortable and slimming, and make the arse look great. Not that I've ever tried. Sober.

5. Keeper...you're a common, thankless whore. First a shirt, then your country. Reedy, you're so not an idiot, and don't let anyone try and convince you otherwise.

Very entertaining, thanks guys.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0