Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U 17 World Cup

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watch Canada tie England 2-2 today in the opening game of the World Cup U 17.

Canada's Goalie...Yes Goalie tied it in the 87th minute on a 70 yard ball up the pitch. It bounced over the England Keeper and never should have gone in.

Well done for the youngsters...You can find the goal on youtube if someone wants to post it.

Crazy Canadians gut out a tough first game tie and have nothing to be down about! Thumbs up boys!

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
except of-course - it's Canada's 2'nd game of the U-17 WC - and unfortunately we lost Game #1 3-nil to Uruguay. But a 2-2 draw with England sounds pretty awesome - and, from what I read about the Uruguay match - the Canadian lads are trying to play creative football and the 3-nil scoreline totally flattered the Uruguayan's. Good luck lads in the final group game - I assume a result means we can get to the next round!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England stellar between the pipes at all levels... ;).

Well done Canada! I believe a big England loss and a rout of Rwanda is needed to advance?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With a win over Rwanda, they should be able to get in as one of the top 3rd placed teams. With that said finishing in 2nd ahead of England would be nice too. Watched a bit of the game last night(replay). England did not have all of their "guns" in the lineup but Canada looked good on the ball and had nice possession and flow for stretches of the game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 final.

First half looked OK.

Second half was for me, typical Canada style footy :( The last 5-10 minutes was too frustrating to watch as either the first touch was shocking or players wanted to take on 5 defenders.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lack of absolutley anything happening in the final third was brutal. Rwanda were awful, Canada played down to their level.

This was their shot. They blew it.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lack of absolutley anything happening in the final third was brutal. Rwanda were awful, Canada played down to their level.

This was their shot. They blew it.

Canada just blows, that is something we currently need to accept. I watch every tournament expecting something different but at every level it seems the same, we aren't good enough. We rarely get past group stages and always feel unlucky or slighted by refs but we are just bad.

Is it just the coaching that isn't good enough? Why do players seem to think shooting from 30 yards is the right option in the 85th minute, when we are going forward. We had players in the middle of the park that could play but we have the keeper kicking it 80yards all game...Why? Whose strategy is that and why isn't a coach saying play it short more often and use the long one to catch a team off guard. We had nothing to offer that game, we didn't threaten against a terrible team. When do the Canucks start back up?

Between the Caps and Canadian Internationals I'm just embarrassed that those guys are 100 times better then me and I can't stand watching them. The old lady must really love me to stand out and watch me muck about like I'm playing competitive football.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0