Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U-20 World Cup on CBC

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 items I've been longing to address here over the last several weeks:

1. Who the hell made up the commercial advertising this thing? Holy Crap! I thought I was watching an ad for Teletubbies or something. This is the World Cup we're talking about about here, not a weekend tournament across the border in Redmond, Washington. I expect players in their mid- to upper-teens, not a bunch of toddlers that they've got on the commercial.

2. Will it be broadcast in HD? I'll be honest, hadn't paid particular attention to this up until just last week. But as I get adjusted to my new 46" lifestyle, I'm looking forward to as much HD as I can find. :cool:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard it's supposed to be in HD, but who knows. Just got my tickets in the mail today, I think that might be the first I've heard of the tournament other than the first time I saw that commercial (and on here) :rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: U-20 World Cup on CBC- Game at BCIT tonite - Spain u/20

6 SFU Players to Face Spain U-20

Burnaby, B.C. – Six members of the Simon Fraser University Clan men’s soccer team have been selected to play as part of a BC University Team for a friendly against the Under-20 Spanish National Team, as part of Team Spain's preparation for the FIFA Under-20 World Cup which begins on June 30, across Canada. The game will take place on Wednesday, June 27, at BCIT, beginning at 5 pm.

The six members selected to the team from SFU are Thomas Lindley (Seabright, N.S.), Luca Bellisomo (Johannesburg, South Africa), Justin Carvery (Surrey, B.C.), Scott McEachern (Langley, B.C.), Stefano Pannu (Burnaby, B.C.) and Colin Strechmann (Burnaby, B.C.).

The team consists of student-athletes from Trinity Western University, the University of British Columbia and SFU. Here is the complete list of athletes involved in the friendly.

Courtesy of Scott Mclean, SFU Athletics Media Relations

SFU MEN'S SOCCER
PRIDE * PASSION * TRADITION

*this email has been delivered to over 340 SFU soccer alumni & friends -
to un-subscribe, please reply with DELETE MY EMAIL as the subject

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts