Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA Champions League Final: Manchester United at Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Puyol was the difference. And I also think that if Man U is smart, the fact that Ronaldo checked out after a few near misses at first in a final should tell them a lot about whether or not they want to spend the kind of money it takes to keep him.

Chelsea would have done a lot better, IMO.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Puyol was the difference. And I also think that if Man U is smart, the fact that Ronaldo checked out after a few near misses at first in a final should tell them a lot about whether or not they want to spend the kind of money it takes to keep him.

Chelsea would have done a lot better, IMO.

For me, Xavi was the man today. Thought he was brilliant with Iniesta not too far behind.
I am not a Man Utd fan or Barcelona fan, but I felt for Fergie's mob today. Man U started magic and if Pique hadn't blocked Park( who I thought was completely overwhelmed today), it would have been a different game. That's football. Man U were rattled after the Eto'o goal and never really looked like they were going to win.

The 2 best teams in Europe were there today. Chelsea had their chance to do 'a lot better'. They didn't.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man U started magic and if Pique hadn't blocked Park( who I thought was completely overwhelmed today)

Unfortunately Park wasn't alone............to a man I think they all will wake up tommorrow knowing they had a mare today. Too many players hiding waiting for others to do something. Too late in the game but personally I think Scholes (excluding his horror tackle) at least wanted the ball unlike the rest of Utds midfield.

Messi was fcukin tremendous.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Messi gets too much praise. He was crap against Chelsea and today he was slightly better. If Barca doesn't have Iniesta and Xavi pulling the strings all year that team wins nothing. Fergie's biggest concern was how to contain those 2, guess he couldn't.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Dancin' Bear and ginger tours said ....... full credit to Barcelona, they deserved to win. We were rubbish on the day and didn't deserve anything but a hiding.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Messi gets too much praise. He was crap against Chelsea and today he was slightly better. If Barca doesn't have Iniesta and Xavi pulling the strings all year that team wins nothing. Fergie's biggest concern was how to contain those 2, guess he couldn't.

messi gets too much praise? how was his performance yesterday not worthy of praise, he barely ever gave away the ball, made a few good runs, he plays so many simple passes, makes amazing runs that not only just open up space for himself but the rest of the team, and he scored? To me that deserves plenty of praise. I think all of Barcelona's players deserve praise as they were magnifenct.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point is that Messi gets all the accolades because he pops in a goal and people wank over how he should be player of the year. Yet the 2 main pieces to that Barca attack Iniesta and Xavi fly under the radar. Again without those 2 players I really doubt Barca would win anything as Keita, Hleb and/or Krkic are nowhere near those 2 players.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree.

I thought Messi was ok, but not from another planet. Fantastic header though.
Xavi and Iniesta have got to be the most underrated players in Europe. If you want to talk about players not giving the ball away, those are the two you should be looking at.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wanye Rooney stated he feels Iniesta is the best player in the world right now.

Felt bad for United.
Even if they were to have lost with a better effort it would have been easier for them to swallow no doubt.
They are a much better side than what they showed yesterday.

Congrats to Barca on the Treble and to Man U on a fantastic year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember an FA Cup final several years ago (~92 ish I think) when Cantona was completely invisible except when he woke up long enough to serve up a 1-0 win for Man U.

Great players rise to the occasion, even when they are not playing their best. Messi did just that; he and Henry opened up holes all over the Man U defense. Barca's system, on the other hand, relegated Rooney to an outside threat at best on the day by taking away the middle of the park.

Ugly win, but how can you argue w/ the result?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wouldn't say the best, but CLUTCH for sure!!
as tevez is usually :eek:

Sorry, but Iniesta is from a different planet. Tevez, while I like his energy, couldn't even come remotely close. Iniesta is one of the two reasons that make Barcelona (Xavi, the other....not to take anything away from all the Messi lovers).....always takes care of the ball and even scores the odd important goal......ask Chelsea:D

I like Tevez, but Man Utd are still ok without him. Barcelona without Iniesta.....not so much. The reason people think he's a 'clutch' player is because they only see him on Setanta in 'clutch' games. Every other game, he is that good. Xavi and Iniesta.....different class. All other teams.....take notes.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess people didn't watch any of the Spain games last year either Dancin Bear. If they did they would have seen those two have their way then as well.

I wouldn't bother trying to explain to the english. Man U. supporters would take Ronaldo and Carrick and the scousers would take Gerrard and Alonso over these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0