Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upcoming Fights

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone is interested there are a couple of interesting fights taking place in the next few weeks. This Saturday, February 8th sees Sugar Shane Mosley take on Raul Marquez in the Junior Middleweight Divison (154 lbs) on HBO. Mosley is favored but is coming up in weight and although Marquez got thumped by Fernando Vargas in '99 he is in very good condition and could pull the upset, which would ruin Mosley's plan to fight De La Hoya next. During his amateur career Marquez was even considered to possibly be a better prospect than the Golden Boy although it didn't quite pan out that way:rolleyes: For Mosley's part, he's been doing extensive weight training and says he's bigger, stronger, and faster than ever before. We will see. Vernon Forrest beat him twice at a lower weight. Can he handle the naturally bigger Marquez?

A couple of heavyweight tilts are also on the agenda. Feb. 22 it's Iron Mike Tyson vs. Clifford 'the Black Rhino' Etienne. Should Tyson lose, his career could be all but over. Finally. If he wins he lines himself up for another brutal beating by Lennox Lewis. Christ, it would be a big payday (and Tyson needs the money) but this time Lewis might just fcuking kill him.

March 1 it's John Ruiz vs. Roy Jones Jr. on HBO. I'm looking forward to seeing Roy step up and take on a heavyweight. I imagine Jones will win but should be interesting regardless of the outcome.

For all the cheap bastards out there, some of the pubs will be showing the HBO fights free of charge so get out there, support the beer industry and watch some guys punch the crap out of each other.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Better Bastards are always invited down to TTP headquarters on fight nights... of course there is always an extra bout not on the official card once the bird finds out :D

~Regs.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As long as she's fighting another "bird" in a vat full of jelly, that's no problem.:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it's difficult to ignore the two Forrest defeats but I am going to do just that where Mosley is concerned. Forrest simply has Mosley's number. Mosley has and will continue to beat better fighters than Forrest and I don't see Marquez beating him.

Shane Mosley by decision.

Tyson - Etienne is a car crash of a fight. How will the kinder, gentler Tyson fight? Either Tyson starts a second boxing career with this fight or he puts the final nail in the coffin containing his first career. I suspect that it will be like watching senior citizens fcuk.

Tyson by KO in the 6th

By all rights Jones - Ruiz should be nothing more than a circus side show. A good big man versus an extraordinairy small man.
To win, Jones need only walk in and accumulate "olympic style" points for pitty-pat punches and then get on his bike. Will his ego allow him to do this? I think it won't,...right up until he takes his first real heavyweight punch. Then his ego might be a bit more obliging, ala Hector "The Nacho Man" Camacho after he was knocked down by Edwin Rosario many years ago.
By all accounts however it appears as though Ruiz has not been reading the script, he claims that this fight will be a great opportunity to show the world that he can box.

Sure you can box Jaunito, and Saint might actually come on here and post his thoughts. Yeah right, two posts from Saint within three days.

Jones by a very boring decision. If not that, then "on Cuts".

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Jury is still out on Sugar Shane Mosely I guess. His fight tonight with Marquez was stopped tonight in the third round due to a headbutt. The fight was ruled a no contest.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You pretty much called the Jones-Ruiz bang-on, Jinky. Roy pitty-patted and smirked his way to the win. I thought Ruiz should have taken a few more risks and made Jones feel a little more uncomfortable. Sure he might have been more vulnerable to getting knocked out but shite, he let the fight play out like Jones wanted and basically assured he would lose. I liked the announcer's comment about wanting someone to wipe the smirk off Jones' face. Who's gonna do it though? Jones has to be, unequivocally, the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. From middleweight to heavyweight champion. First time in over a hundred years.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jones has to be, unequivocally, the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. From middleweight to heavyweight champion. First time in over a hundred years.

Couldn't agree more. Still there is no one for him to fight. Atleast no one to fight that would be a good fight. He can not fight any of the big heavyweights like Lewis etc. simply to big. I guess he could fight Holyfield or maybe Tyson but I can't see those fights being any different from last nights.

BTW thanks to Jinky for putting the fight on.:D Or should I thank Jinky for putting the fight on the Captain's cable bill.:rolleyes:

Pretty sad how bad the heavyweight division is.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0