Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver vs New Yawk

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garbage call on the "no goal" in 8th minute.
NY player was all over Camillo and then fell.
Brutal.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They say he is tired from all of the travel.
Who are they trying to kid?
Tommy signs these losers and gets to go back upstairs next season to sign more crap players.
This is not how to become one of the top teams in the world, as they have predicted.
No matter which way you look at it, the players are not good enough.
The Coach is not good enough.
The Front Office is not good enough.
The only thing they have going for them is a new Stadium. People will come out just to be part of the celebration of this Stadium, but unless they get their act together as a club, the numbers will drop.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They say he is tired from all of the travel.
Who are they trying to kid?
Tommy signs these losers and gets to go back upstairs next season to sign more crap players.
This is not how to become one of the top teams in the world, as they have predicted.
No matter which way you look at it, the players are not good enough.
The Coach is not good enough.
The Front Office is not good enough.
The only thing they have going for them is a new Stadium. People will come out just to be part of the celebration of this Stadium, but unless they get their act together as a club, the numbers will drop.

100% agree...I am completely confused as what Tommy & the others saw in this player to consider him a DP and use what I think should be a valuable roster spot. If you sign a DP and he doesn't start and contribute then whats the point of the signing? I'm not really sure where this team is heading and I assume that there will be massive changes in the off season which seems to be a constant for MLS teams in year 1 to 2. Not sure I like the idea of Tommy Soehn making those changes though! Hopefully Rennie has a better eye for talent.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost in this whole season is the where-abouts of Attiba Harris.

Where the fcuk is he?

When Hassli and him were first paired up, I thought they were the perfect fit up front.

JarJu and Hassli won't work as a stike pair, both drop deep into the midfield, neither make cutting runs behind defenders.

I think JarJu has a chance to contribute but it won't be up front on this team, it will be from the midfield.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed regs, he scored in a the second division of a shitty league, but plays a central role for his National side.

I'd prefer to see, if I have to see him again, jarju lining up beside Koffie...

Caps finally had their foot on someones throat and shat it. another "lesson learned" :(

Dede looked good in behnd up front, but needs to be able to go the distance...

TS needs to stop playing musical chairs with his fullbacks.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thx perfecto.

What's the difference between meniscus repair and a meniscectomy other than the later sounding way more painful if conducted by Lorena Bobbit?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IIRC, a meniscus repair is when they repair the tear in a menisus (they call it a bucket handle) where the tear happens laterally and doesn't start from the edge of the meniscus, but the repair needs to be made to seal the tear so it doesn't continue down opening the gap up more, because it can flip up (like a bucket handle) and cause problems in the joint.

A meniscectomy is when they cut away the end of a tear from the outside in to stop the tear from getting worse inwards, think of pulling a sheet of paper that is torn from the edge, the tear just grows, so they make a longer smoother cut... also if a meniscus repair fails to sort the problem they might just cut the affected area out altogether (Thus a meniscectomy and likely what has happened to Harris in that the first repair either didn't work or fully heal prior to sustaining another tear to the area)

I had to have a bucket handle tear repaired, but opted for a year off (and 20 lbs of weight on) instead of a surgery that might or might not have worked.

~NowFatButHaveAFunctioningKnee ;)

http://www.medicinenet.com/torn_meniscus/article.htm

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm... I'm not following then because I had the surgery where they took out a big chunk and I was running 4 days later and playing in a match 12 days after the operation?

I was rehabbing twice a day mind you but I'm pretty sure a professional athlete would be doing the same.

I also walked to and from my rehab sessions up hill in the snow both ways.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When a meniscus is repaired there is no weight bearing for at least six weeks. So six weeks before any rehab can take place. Depending when he had the meniscus done, that would explain him still being out.

He is definitely missed though. The only thing worse than Jarju is Mcewen.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had the meniscus surgery last year. The top of my femur (about 1.5 inches long... 1 inch wide... 1/2 inch thick) broke off and was floating around in my knee until it got out of the joint and settled under my quad muscle. I keep it in my kit bag in a ziplock.

They drilled into the femur to make micro fractures. This allows blood and other crap to come out of the bone and develop a new meniscus. It is not a "real" meniscus, but it is better than no meniscus. The weight must be off of the joint for 6 weeks for it to allow the new meniscus to form in the right shape. Pressure from weight will ruin the process.

Worked out pretty good for me, btw.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full reconstructive ACL and meniscus tear, then tore more meniscus which floated but locked until the joint in the knee (fcukin fantastic feeling I tell you) 6-8 months for ACL, about 2 months for meniscus. the physio has to be kept and after that its mostly a mental thing, was hard for me at firs tto strike a ball with the bad leg in fear of hurting it again. but once your past that, its an amazing feeling to play again.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0