Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heald and Cravero cut from the team today.

WHat do you all think bout that?!

I don't know how you release a player not under contract, but nevertheless...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ollie,

I'm looking forward to your Nations Cup debut for Ireland, if this is the case. Hopefully it is not, but if it is, what number do you want?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading on another forum that this may have something to do with a dust up between a few on the Cap's and a Stewardess, umm er.... Flight Attendant Beeatch. I don't know about Nico Kravero.... But even if Oli is deemed not physical enough or perhaps getting a wee bit past it, I still think after all the time he has devoted to the Caps that they could have at least kept him on as a substitute...

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Southsiders Board ... Justin Thompson has also been released now that is a strange one as Justin has a lot of potential and size ....

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still waiting for the Whitecaps to announce which team will be coming here in the summer to play the Whitecaps Sunderland or Ipswich ??? DC United rumours also afloat ....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something's goin on here... Why cut Nico and Oli for age and size and then cut Thompson?.... Hmmmmm...

They have brought in Watson, Ali, and Steve Klein... That's three...

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm giving Lilley the benefit of the doubt here for him to cut Oli and Nico after most likely consulting with the "Duze" probabley had a few factors but I think Oli did not fit in with Lilley's look of the team most likely had a personal clash with the coach. Thompson I can only guess that Lilley wanted more from Justin than he was willing to give in the training sessions ... maybe a message being delivered to the returning locals ....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilly said:
Just found this...the best 11 Whitecap/86er's of alltime as voted on by us the fans :D

Here is your Vancouver All-Time Starting 11
COACH

Bob Lenarduzzi
1987 - 1993
The winningest coach in Vancouver sports history, Lenarduzzi guided the 86ers to six straight first place finishes, four consecutive CSL Championships, and a North American sports record 46-game undefeated streak.

MIDFIELDERS

Oliver Heald
1996 - 98, 2000-present · 175GP 37G 27A

Heald has played more games for Vancouver than any other active player. A great passer of the ball, this eight-year veteran also has a near perfect record from the penalty spot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willie Johnston
1979-82 · 66GP 5G 19A

"Wee" Willie Johnston's outrageous antics and equally outrageous skill on the ball made him a legendary figure in Vancouver sports.

I think this new coach is a joke, and that he has done some major damage to the WhiteCaps team and their fans. I see Olie is the all-time leader in games played, but you cut him in the off-season. He is a great passer of the ball and a team leader, but you cut him before he even has a go at a training camp. He is near perfect from the penalty spot and a character player that the fans love, but you drop him like this, even though he plays for next to nothing and gives his all every game.

I am very surprised that Bobbaduzzi has let this happen, if he is looking to sell season tickets and the fans are the ones that voted Olie to this starting line-up, what are they going to think?

What if this Lilly guy was around when the great Willy Johnston was playing, all his on and off field antics that made him one of the greats of all-time, people still talking about the famous corner kick and beer drinking.

Olie is good guy on and off the pitch and what the Whitecaps organization has done to him is a joke, I am just wondering if the other veterans on the team will stick around and put up with shitt like that for next to nothing money. I for one would love to see the guy show up in a Seattle uniform and kick the shitt out of the Caps.

hos

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am upset that Oli has been cut he hsa served the team has demonstrated his leadership and playmakign skills time and time again. As a team though they lacked discipline they can never seem to make it to the big dance while teams like Seattle or Montreal are always contenders. I have been going to Whitecaps games for years and the problem is always the same the team gets to comfortable and the coach who is a former player can't crack the whip and get the guys to the championship.

I'm giving Lilley the benefit of the doubt here the reason he was brought in here was to make changes and get us a championship. If Oli, Justin and Nico being released were bad moves we will see this season by the on field production. As I stated I hate to see Oli go but Lilley has signed some cabable replacements in Steve Klein, Mark Watson and Said Ali who has potential. I think a shake up was needed if we stuck with the same squad as last year we would be in the middle of the pack now that the league has scrapped the divisons and there is just one it is imperative that we start and finish strong this season because the competition will be tough.

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Southsiders forum has confirmed from a Sunderland fan that Sunderland and their suppoters will be touring the Northwest in middle of July. They will be in Vancouver July 16 to take on the Whitecaps and play Seattle on 18th at Qwest Field and then travel to Portland to take on the Timbers.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's to hoping because I only have so much money for pints at the game and only 90 mins to drink them plus the gawdawful lineups for the bevvy to drown my sorrows if they stink up Swangaard this season!

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know waht you about the pints !! $$$ F-n city of Burnaby !! We are planning a few tailgates before the matches I will update this board close to the start of the season.

Cheers

Footy

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's to hoping because I only have so much money for pints at the game and only 90 mins to drink them plus the gawdawful lineups for the bevvy to drown my sorrows if they stink up Swangaard this season!

You must be a Dedicated Follower of Rangers. You're used to this sort of shite.

His teeth are green,
His head is square,
wi' a big moustache
and curly hair
One day he's on Paisley Road
The next day he's in jail
He's a dedicated follower of Rangers

To stay on topic, Ollie, if this is the unfortunate truth, what number would like on the Ireland Nations Cup team? Their loss and our gain. :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
John Rocha named in Management group of Whitecaps... Former Sales and Marketing Manager at Orca Bay. Good news or Bad???

I say good on the Caps for taking away a great local Soccer Fan from a well run machine. This team keeps steadily improving from the players to the management.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely a positive step. However, I still think they have a lot of work to do in connecting with the local soccer community.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the Southsiders Discussion forums we have been talking about a potential new stadium. The Caps and Kerfoot had potential plans for a False Creek Stadium at one time but the plans for that land have become that of High Cost Luxury Condos on the upper floors with Low income housing on the bottom.

I feel the key to getting larger attendances is to build a 15000 seater in Surrey. TBH I think that you would get a lot of the youth players going to more games than the ones the play in Half time. It would have to be near skytrain, but the attendances would do a lot better if Mom and Dad didn't have to pack up the minivan and drive all the way to Burnaby, I honestly think the Caps are missing out on all the Fraser Valley Suburbanites....

My thoughts...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A facility in Surrey would be a nightmare in my opinion due to the traffic. People would get tired quickly of the congestion after a game on the Port Mann.

At least the people in the valley are used to it so a stadium closer to the city wouldn't be so bad.

Someone really dropped the ball when they didn't come up with some sort of plan for a small stadium at the old Empire site. It's still begging for something to be done there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts