Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your point being...?

There are a tonne more parking lots currently at hastings bowl and the surrounding area than Swanguard. Maybe the Vancouver Giants should move and play outta the North Surrey Rec Centre?

:D

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm happy about the appointment of Rocha as the new president as a soccer fan Kerfoot and Lenadruzzi have a guy that can connect with the product and moving the team forward a big loss for Orca Bay.

As for the stadium a Surrey location will not fly and the Caps are strictly looking at the Downtown area only places mentioned The old Indy spot and the land by the Sea Bus Terminal in Vancouver.

There have been some interestting posts on the Southsiders board that we may see a major press conference held this week regarding the 2007 Youth WC and the stadium issue will be clarified..... or announcing that Rangers are coming to town playing the Nats.

Cheers

Footy

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
or announcing that Rangers are coming to town playing the Nats.

Yah, that has already been mentioned in the Scottish Premier League section. I guess that is big as Rangers get. The Canadian National team. :eek:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps 4-2 VMSL Allstars

Crappy day, crappy field, crappy game. All goals in second half. Best I can describe it. Hopefully next year it is at a better location as one side of this field was a lake and the other was dry.

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah he wont be a Cap this year reports have him trying his luck in Germany and the whitecaps have as usual left the door open for him.

I was at the game yesterday drove down from Burnaby man traffic sucks ! I'm glad I dont have to make that drive on a daily basis. A decent match consdiering the conditions. I snapped a few pirctures ....before my battery died!

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1285176

Cheers
Footy

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank God your batteries died, my eyes are bleeding from viewing the few you did take!

:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw a couple of Whitecap players in their gear out at Adanac on Sunday walking around the pitch during the Surrey/Craotia provincial cup game. Nick D. was one and judging by the fat ass and all the girth, Corrazin was the other. Tried to get an autograph but the crowd of fans around them was too large.

I hope the only reason they dress up in their matching Whitecap gear is anticipating some kids noticing them, because most of the knowledgeable soccer fans kinda snickered as they walked by.

onelessstar!

Apr 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Whitecaps roster

Have the Caps finalized their roster yet? There were a couple of UVic Vikings (Stiles, Sajan, Jones) trying out and I was wondering if they were selected.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Titus and crew held Vancouver to a 0-0 draw in Vancouver's opener and it was their second game of back to back nights...ouch!!!

Check out the line up of superstar officiating crew :rolleyes:

Referees: Paul Ward, Martin Reid, Kevin Duliba, Mauricio Navarro

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check out the line up of superstar officiating crew

Referees: Paul Ward, Martin Reid, Kevin Duliba, Mauricio Navarro

Yeah great group good old Mauricio did not even know that this year this NO overtime and held up both teams on the pitch so he could confirm with League office. :confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see JJ scored 3 goals tonight, not to bad, even better when you count the 4 that he scored the game before. Two Hat Tricks in two games, well 7 goals in 2, not sure if anyone has done that in the organization before, but I am sill young, an old guy like Captain may know more.

Well done JJ, I am guessing your price at Indo has just gone up HUGE.

3 more the next game and your The Man.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Xausa (sp?) has been released from the Whitecaps... was he injured? I would imagine he was one of the higher paid players and I don't think he was playing too much. Maybe he can latch on with Indo and Ollie :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But he signed a contract to pay him for the full season whether he plays with them or not.
Smart move.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yesterday's news....

VANCOUVER (CP) - The Vancouver Whitecaps are looking for a new president after John Rocha resigned Tuesday to start his own consulting practice.
Rocha, who joined the Whitecaps in 2005 after spending over 13 years with the Vancouver Canucks, will remain with the club as a consultant on sales and marketing issues. Rocha will launch Caps Kickstarters, a corporate supporter club, in his consulting role.
Caps Kickstarters will aim to create a group of corporate supporters for the Whitecaps and Rocha will also be involved with a similar program for the women's side of the organization.
Rocha will also chair the Burnaby site Organizing Committee for next summer's FIFA Under-20 World Cup matches at Swangard Stadium.

wonder if he'd just had too much of stadium politics?

cheesy press release-guoting guy,

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts