Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He does less work for the Caps, and his new company gets the pay?
I have heard through the grapevine that this could potentially have basically been a firing. Re signed rather than them firing him publicly

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, he didn't really have a great track record in his short time did he?

Not too many of his initiatives did well and perhaps the poor crowds for the W-League Championships were the final straw?

We'll ask Lenarduzzi on Up Front Monday night... "Bob, why did you can Rocha?" :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know...
The women won the league, again.
The seasons tix purchases are supposeldy up 200%
The Men are in a good spot
The Stadium is still on it's way, as they have overcome all hurdles to date
And they have added more corporate sponsors.
As a President, if the football ops are doing well, and the business end is going great, you are doing a good job IMHO
I think his undoing may have been a public perception, or media perception issue...He repeated the same canned answers time after time and before long Lenarduzzi was the only guy on the Bill Good show, or talking to Christy Clarke, or involved in the debates etc... and he is the Football Ops Manager, not the president...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of your list, the only thing he had a hand in would be the corporate sponsors. Perhaps the season's tix increase as well, but how many of those are 'sponsorship perks'?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know, that's why this is a good discussion ;)
I know my ticket rep had me and my Friend into the VIP section on Comp tix one night, for the $2.00 beers, and all you could eat BBQ. It is stuff like that that helps us "little people" feel important, I'm not going to be sponsoring the team for thousands of bucks a year like Umbro or soccercity or Save On Foods etc... That would be Rochas area...and he seems to have done a good job there.
But I think the underpinning that came loose here was his inability to look competant in the media, perhaps, I thought he was a bit flaky on the TV and on Radio, but I'm a cynic. :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who would have been responsible for the "Nations Cup" debacle and the W-League attendance 'flop'? The move to Mojo when the writing must have been on the wall at the time?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There. You must have hit it on the head. That "Nations Cup" ;)
was a joke, and the Mojo move seemed retarded, so much so that Peter Schaad had worked out a deal that he did the Games, but remained an employee of Chum, ie The TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0