Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VISL anyone?

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's fun to TTP about those who play in the soccer leagues around town, however, I'm missing out on this... Does anyone else play in the Vancouver Island League?

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
with perennial powerhouse Powell River losing to an average at best Juan de Fuca, anything can happen..

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There were a couple of Gorge people on here last year during the provincials... I'd be happy to get a proper forum going but we need more than one or two posting...

Cheers,

~Regs.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jdf

never discount a juan de fuca team. gorge has a few ex juan de fuca players in its line up now from its 1997 team (a very good squad - mostly ex-uvic players).

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
an organized group

No, I will not discount the JDF bunch, for people like Gord and Meeks are very strong. Almost everyone from UVIC that plays with us is a teacher - 12 now, with 2 more joining for the nationals. This makes practices the most organized event ever:p

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the East Coast

It's almost a year since now when we won the silver medal in Toronto.
This time its further east to Newfoundland. The boys have some unfinished business to take care of. Hopefully the Gold medal will be around are necks for the trip home.....the people on that plane will all know Ebbsy by the time we land......the boys from JDF will go on a victory parade down Goldstream avenue in their 76 Trans Am.....i can see it now.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A nice vision Helmuut. Looking forward to being in Newfoundland in October, as I hear the weather is pretty calm and there is no wind to speak of.
:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: To the East Coast, with NO Keeper

Originally posted by helmuut
It's almost a year since now when we won the silver medal in Toronto.
This time its further east to Newfoundland. The boys have some unfinished business to take care of. Hopefully the Gold medal will be around are necks for the trip home.....

helmuut

With your keeper playing on the Hill with SFU and not able to make the trip with the team back to the nationals, who will be in the pipes, and can he get the job done?

I saw your team play a couple of games in TO last year, and you guys looked strong, but then shite the bed in the final, what was the score, 4 or 5 - nil.
Must have been the big bash that you boys had on Sat. night with the BBY ladies.
They got the job done on Monday however.

I hope that both the BC squads can come home with Gold this year, just lay off the Screech and Moosehead on the trip.

Question, what is Screech?

HOS:wa:

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad ending

After going 4-0 in the round robin, we lose 5-2 in the final. We were so awful in the final that it wasn't even sad when we lost, it was more like... it's about time that's over with.
:(

Our keeper is from Victoria and played with us last year.

Have heard of Screech, but no idear what it is.:confused:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screech is rum. Goes hand in hand with kissing the cod, buddy. Good luck back east. Remember, it's NewfoundLAND, not NewFOUNDland. They get right ornery 'bout that one.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom of the Barrel

Screech is the Rum that is left in the Wooden Barrels, the poor people back east would put some water in the empty Rum Barrels, then get the kids to roll the barrel around for an hour.

Some of the booze that is in the wood of the barrel would go into the water in the barrel, and you get your Screech.

Just don't eat the Wood.

Good luck back east!

HOS

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0