Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars VMSL All-Star Squad

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER METRO SOCCER LEAGUE

ALL-STAR TEAM—2002-2003 SEASON

(As Selected by VMSL Premier Coaches)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goalkeepers: Mike Wicken (Rino’s Westside); Cory Breure (Burnaby Canadians)
Defenders: Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians); James Prescott (Westside Rino); Jason Small (Westside Rino); Graeme Macgowan (Surrey United); Scott Walters (ICSF Inter); Peter Hjorth (Surrey United)
Midfielders: Joe Deacon (Surrey United); Mike Dodd (Pegasus); Paul Dailly (Pegasus); Colin Pettingale (Westside Rino); Oliver Heald (Westside Rino); Tom Adamson (Burnaby Canadians)
Forwards: Shawn Blakeway (Surrey United); Benji Hayford (ICSF Inter); Carlos Batista (Sporting Club); Craig Chiasson (Westside Rino)
MVP: OLIVER HEALD (Westside Rino)
Golden Boot Award: SHAWN BLAKEWAY (Surrey United)

Anyone sensing a strong Westside presence?;) Congrats to Ollie on the MVP.

I'm sure there will be debate as to who was {:eek:} and wasn't {:knvb:} included and the MVP.

Have at er'....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2002/2003 VMSL PREMIER All-Star Squad

That is the only thing missing. I'm pretty sure the first/second division could put together an all-star squad that would beat the group of has beens. ;)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure the first/second division could put together an all-star squad that would beat the group of has beens.

what team would regs play for?:eek:

smallsyaneverwaslookingforwardtobeingahasbeen.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure the first/second division could put together an all-star squad that would beat the group of has beens.
You were just waiting to say that weren't you? You probably emailed Smallsy to post about me.

You're a world-class cnut :mad:

:D

It is my goal to one day be on the VMSL Allstar Team... halfway through the year I realised that the league would not acknowledge lower division players, thus I transfered back.

2 Pizzas next year,

~paranoid.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm

Is it just me, or should a All Star team be 11 guys.

I think the NHL chooses 5 players and a goalie.....the NBA has the top 5(but they also offer a 3rd All Star team)

Why do we have 18 guys on our All-star team?

It is not because they plan to play the Fraser Valley AllStar:rolleyes: team....because they are still waiting to play last years before the season starts

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure I'll hear it about this, but Ollie as the MVP of the league is a joke. He is the best player playing by far, but how many league games did Mr. Heald play? 4 or 5? That's the number I heard, please correct me if I'm wrong. Again. I'm sure there are other players that meant much MORE to their teams than Ollie did to Westside through-out the season. I'll use Blakeway as an example. 18 goals on a team that only scored 36(give or take) I'm not saying he should have won OR is a better candidate than Ollie, but it's a fairly good example.

Chew on de'm apples.

Goalkeepers: Mike Wicken (Rino’s Westside); Cory Breure (Burnaby Canadians)
Defenders: Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians); James Prescott (Westside Rino); Jason Small (Westside Rino); Graeme Macgowan (Surrey United); Scott Walters (ICSF Inter); Peter Hjorth (Surrey United)
Midfielders: Joe Deacon (Surrey United); Mike Dodd (Pegasus); Paul Dailly (Pegasus); Colin Pettingale (Westside Rino); Oliver Heald (Westside Rino); Tom Adamson (Burnaby Canadians)
Forwards: Shawn Blakeway (Surrey United); Benji Hayford (ICSF Inter); Carlos Batista (Sporting Club); Craig Chiasson (Westside Rino)
MVP: OLIVER HEALD (Westside Rino)
Golden Boot Award: SHAWN BLAKEWAY (Surrey United)

Smallsy, I could say the same. ;)

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just on paper or reality?

Curious to know if the VMSL allstars are getting together to play a few games or if this is just a list to peruse. The FVSL allstars have had a few practices and are playing tonight at Burnaby turf against the BC Chinese Nationals. Also who would be the coach if there are some games for the VMSLer's.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy, that Chinese "Nationals" team is absolute piss. You'd be better off coming over and playing the Dragons co-ed team the next field over. Seriously.

Stop by for a pint. I'll be the one in orange. ;)

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They maybe "piss" but I quite enjoy getting together with some of the lads from around the league, having a kick about and a few pints. Rumor has it I'll be wearing orange tonight as well!:bronco:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They maybe "piss" but I quite enjoy getting together with some of the lads from around the league, having a kick about and a few pints.
Did I say other-wise? I was just giving you the heads up sunshine. Should be a nice quiet night for you.

I'm wondering if the VMSL guys even know they've been selected. Blakes didn't on Saturday night. Of course I had to tell him he was in Penticton, but that's for another discussion.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering that Simon was once named league MVP and didn't know until someone saw his name on the wall in the VMSL office a couple of years later, I highly doubt anyone was contacted :D

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You probably emailed Smallsy to post about me.

No need to. Smallsy figure that out on his own. It doesn't take much to wind you up apparently.

The World Class Cnut

PS - I wouldn't even pick you for the Division 1/2 all-star team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've got to be kidding me...

Step 1. Read my post again.

Step 2. Read your post, specifically the quote:

It doesn't take much to wind you up apparently

Step 3. Hold a similar object like the one illustrated below in front of you.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the Kinks said, "You really got me." :rolleyes:

It is too EEEEEEZZZZZZZYYYYY to get you going, since you got engaged. It will ease off I'm sure, once you're married. :)

Good luck

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How Many Games Did Jordan Play the Year Before

Originally posted by knvb
I'm sure I'll hear it about this, but Ollie as the MVP of the league is a fcuking joke.

Jordan didn't play that many more games the year before, but won the MVP on some of the piss take goals he scored against top VMSL teams.
The games he played he totaly dominated, but it was only 5 or so games, so no he should not be MVP. To bad he didn't play in the Provincial Cup, we would not have to hear from knvb about Slurrey being BC Chumps.

A bigger joke about this years All-Star Team, No Mighty Khalsa players.:mad:
First year team did very well only lossing 4 league games all year, with some great performances by some very good players week in and week out.
Two players from that team that could have been mentioned are: Marcello- Forward (2 Player of the Week Awards) and Dave Mori- Mid-field- Dominated the middle most games for us.

I wont bring up the Discrimination against the team because I am white.;)

HOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised.....

HOS,

I am very surprised that you weren't picked as the number one keeper. Didn't you shut out the BC champions twice, or was that another team? There was definitely a conspiracy against you, HOS. I would have voted for you, but I'm only a lowly division one player(and Ladner O-35)......:)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wicks is still the Best in the West

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
HOS,
I am very surprised that you weren't picked as the number one keeper.

I did shut-out the BC Chumps twice, but like I said, there is a lot of discrimination in the league:rolleyes: , don't they know that I am I white guy;)

HOS

Sporting was the best of Side B, and they only get one player on the team, that is crap, nothing against the Capitals or Peg players picked, but Sporting was the best team on that side.
I can't beleive I am supporting the Pork Chops:(

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
I'm pretty sure the first/second division could put together an all-star squad that would beat the group of has beens. ;)

Maybe you should do some nominations... as i have played in that shocking league for three years now and have never seen players of that quality until Imperial Cup time.

Originally posted by Regs
I highly doubt anyone was contacted :D [/B]

I surprised Tommy Adamson with his selection last night. He was wondering the same thing.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0