Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumour today from one of the players that Guildford is folding the team. Can anyone confirm that? Supposedly some of the players are moving to BC Tigers in FVSL premier.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the first I am hearing of this but it wouldn't surprise me. Definitely seemed like a flash in the pan thing and when they didn't get promoted you wondered if they would be able to keep it together. Certainly by the end of last season the spark had gone out of the team.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This idea going from League to league is crap in my opinion. Tigers did shyt all in VMSL why go to Fraser Valley Valley League. Go down and work hard things will change.
If I was in the management of VMSL any team who moves, no coming back for ten years. Gilford the same go down to div two and have fun weekend soccer is nothing more. As you can see most Canadian kids sit on the benches and watch non Canadians play and get better pay in MLS.
Kick the bastardos out and start again. Kid must play in HPL, to try for national program go figure it out what kind of biggets rule the rust.
We need to go back to BC Nation League where players stick around and get developed. Five leagues and only 60 good players for Premier level. What the hack do you have premier soccer in BC. One League for all premier clubs. No knock out each year youth plays in club system, moves up when they get developed.
Stop killing development of soccer in BC.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs BC Tigers were Pacific United last season, and previously operated as CCB.

As for Guildford, they did just win the U-21 provincials, so I suspect they would look to promote players from there to backfill div1 instead of folding due to some players leaving.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs BC Tigers were Pacific United last season, and previously operated as CCB.

As for Guildford, they did just win the U-21 provincials, so I suspect they would look to promote players from there to backfill div1 instead of folding due to some players leaving.
Wait... so Pacific United is leaving VMSL Prem and going to FVSL Prem?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait... so Pacific United is leaving VMSL Prem and going to FVSL Prem?

More likely BC Tigers / Pacific United split and BC Tigers were gifted a spot in FVSL Prem, but that's just speculation on my part. Maybe BC Tigers will operate both teams just as West Van did last year.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I "heard", BC Tigers owned the Pacific United spot and supplied players etc to the team but it was managed by someone else.

The BC Tigers decided this year they wanted full control over the spot and to run it.

However, whomever was running Pacific United challenged them and said it was not BC Tigers spot and that the management of Pacific United owned the spot.

Apparently there was some legal action underway to decide who owned the spot.

From what it looks like, the Tigers decided to give up on the cat fight, and got a spot in FVSL Premier instead.

This is what I know from the little I have heard.

You can't even make this stuff up...:eek:

As well, I was surprised we had Tigers in BC...:rolleyes:

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I "heard", BC Tigers owned the Pacific United spot and supplied players etc to the team but it was managed by someone else.

The BC Tigers decided this year they wanted full control over the spot and to run it.

However, whomever was running Pacific United challenged them and said it was not BC Tigers spot and that the management of Pacific United owned the spot.

Apparently there was some legal action underway to decide who owned the spot.

From what it looks like, the Tigers decided to give up on the cat fight, and got a spot in FVSL Premier instead.

This is what I know from the little I have heard.

You can't even make this stuff up...:eek:

As well, I was surprised we had Tigers in BC...:rolleyes:

That is what I heard as well Gurps.

The League decided the spot was staying with the current management and not with BC Tigers.

I don't know how BC Tigers got a spot in FVSL Premier right off the bat. They were only providing one or two players to that Pacific United team from what I know.

The BC Tigers summer team which enters the East Indian tournaments is actually a really good team. They won half the tournaments this year if im not mistaken. They have Nick Soolsma and Ray playing for them as imports so I wonder if they will be "convinced" to play winter together as well.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how BC Tigers got a spot in FVSL Premier right off the bat. They were only providing one or two players to that Pacific United team from what I know.

I mean it's not that hard to figure out. It's currently an 8 team league, of which only 4 teams were legitimately competitive last season. No doubt they would like to add teams to make it a 10 or 12 team league. They have already added a team in Surrey U but then lost West Van when they were no doubt looking to keep them and grow the league.

The FVSL also has a promotion connundrum given that the top 2 teams in DIv 1 cannot be promoted. So one would assume they are actively looking for teams who can compete in their top tier.

Add all that up and when you get an offshoot of a VMSL Premier team looking for spot it's pretty easy to see how the FVSL would give them a Prem spot.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I mean it's not that hard to figure out. It's currently an 8 team league, of which only 4 teams were legitimately competitive last season. No doubt they would like to add teams to make it a 10 or 12 team league. They have already added a team in Surrey U but then lost West Van when they were no doubt looking to keep them and grow the league.

The FVSL also has a promotion connundrum given that the top 2 teams in DIv 1 cannot be promoted. So one would assume they are actively looking for teams who can compete in their top tier.

Add all that up and when you get an offshoot of a VMSL Premier team looking for spot it's pretty easy to see how the FVSL would give them a Prem spot.

Makes sense. I just didn't know they were taking on brand new teams not knowing how good they are and adding them straight to Premier

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note to Rino's later today:

"Dear Sir,

Please be advised the player known as "Dezza" from Takethepiss is now banned from registering in the FVSL."

Don't ask me how I know.

:D

nap

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumour today from one of the players that Guildford is folding the team. Can anyone confirm that? Supposedly some of the players are moving to BC Tigers in FVSL premier.
I am not sure where this rumor is coming from. The real news is that CCB and Guildford Fc merged the adult program. All of CCB adult teams are now called CCB Guildford FC. I was at Newton today and from what I see this team will be making a push for Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0