Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you get a permit for a field right now? I would assume lots of loopholes to do so, only an urban rec sort of thing gets them ?

You actually can. The City of Vancouver Parks is allowing the booking of field permits again -- I think this is partly so organizations such as Urban Rec, or others that have held premium field times for years and years, are still on the hook to pay for them and the city can collect money.

Obvs VMSL mentioned if you're caught by Sunday League Gaffer then you'll get fined, but it's a bit like when Stanley Park Brewing sells you a growler of beer and says "Please don't drink in the park." Yeah.... no problem.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuking snitches outing themselves expecting a pat on the back. Who gives a shite if they're training? They're outdoors and they're keeping distance.

One of the most depressing parts of COVID has been noticing that a lot of people are just miserable and want others to be the same

100%. I've literally ceased being friends with some very close friends for this reason. Constant negativity and fear will bury you. You can choose to be one of those people who are hiding in the bushes, taking pictures, then posting on social media, or you can choose to be positive, and be supportive of people who are also going through hard times. It's a choice. That doesn't mean disregard general safety guidelines and be an asshole on society, it just means be positive. I can't tell you how much my first beer in seeing three buddies- distanced by hanging- in my driveway meant. It was massive. I can actually remember the taste of that beer. Seeing my 5 year old re-connect with her friends at the local skills park, and her eyes light up. Massive. We need our social connections; it's human nature. For most guys on this site, it's their teammates. Yeah, I've moved on from that, but I still have a small but tight rolodex of guys I ride and ski with all year long. It's the same thing.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't fcuking get it.

Early in this Pandemic I went out for a run in Whistler. 12 KM, about 9:00 AM on a Sunday. Not exactly blazing speed. Saw 6 whole humans outside on my trip, one in the Village.

I guess I dropped my Visa pulling the phone out to take these photos. I post up on a locals FB Group, “Lost my Visa on a run, if you see it, please shoot me a PM and we’ll meet up, wine / beer as reward.”

I got crucified! All of the Karens in town proceeded to tell me how irresponsible I was, obtuse, stupid…and although many of these things are true about me, definitely not for this situation. Literally did not come even close to any breathing life form. People have become stupid, and this is a prime example of an idiot.

Open air dilutes viruses (among every other airborn pollution). Space between people drastically minimize transmission. Exercise is good for the body and mental well-being. More so, social interaction. Oh, and these fellows are all following Dr. Henry’s guidelines.

All you Karens of the world (looking at you, @Sunday League Gaffer) can eat a big old bag of dicks, yah faking snitch.

Most of what you said is true :) But re: these Burnaby guys, they weren't distancing in these photos. Youth players have to play miles apart, but these adults don't? New studies are coming out that the virus hangs in the air longer than believed possible. Small mortality rate, but still.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most of what you said is true :) But re: these Burnaby guys, they weren't distancing in these photos. Youth players have to play miles apart, but these adults don't? New studies are coming out that the virus hangs in the air longer than believed possible. Small mortality rate, but still.

Inside a room or building. Inside is the issue. Outside is far, far less of an issue, almost to the point experts are cautiously coming around to the idea it’s almost statistically irrelevant. Those guys are distanced. Outside you need very little space in reality. Natural air is the best means of dilution. It’s your best safety.

Inside you are containing and none of it is new. Sick building syndrome has been around forever; workplace sicknesses and spreading of viruses is nothing new. Thus many new guidelines.

What they are mandating for kids is way, way over the top. If doctors feel that inside a building, guidelines should be 1.5M (and again overestimated on purpose), outside that is reduced dramatically.

Transition rates outside are a very, very small fraction. Can it happen? Yes. You almost need the perfect scenario. I.e.: spit flying, close contact, and players playing sick.

Inside a building with close physical contact and a lot of surface contact is a different story entirely. What do experts here recommend? Start by opening windows, increase fresh air supply, increase room air changes dramatically, add HEPA filtration and UV Sterilization.

Inside is the battle ground, not outside.

My two bits while trying to be respectful of people uncomfortable with everything. There are still people too fearful of leaving their homes. I get it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can’t somebody younger and more internet hip than I come up with a “meme” for either:

-Snitch
-Rat
-Fink
-Tattle Tale
...and/or...
-Freindless
-Jailbird-girlfriend
-Lonely kid with no friends

?

Thanking in advance.

-Dude, 46yearsoldandstillkickass

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inside a room or building. Inside is the issue. Outside is far, far less of an issue, almost to the point experts are cautiously coming around to the idea it’s almost statistically irrelevant. Those guys are distanced. Outside you need very little space in reality. Natural air is the best means of dilution. It’s your best safety.

Inside you are containing and none of it is new. Sick building syndrome has been around forever; workplace sicknesses and spreading of viruses is nothing new. Thus many new guidelines.

What they are mandating for kids is way, way over the top. If doctors feel that inside a building, guidelines should be 1.5M (and again overestimated on purpose), outside that is reduced dramatically.

Transition rates outside are a very, very small fraction. Can it happen? Yes. You almost need the perfect scenario. I.e.: spit flying, close contact, and players playing sick.

Inside a building with close physical contact and a lot of surface contact is a different story entirely. What do experts here recommend? Start by opening windows, increase fresh air supply, increase room air changes dramatically, add HEPA filtration and UV Sterilization.

Inside is the battle ground, not outside.

My two bits while trying to be respectful of people uncomfortable with everything. There are still people too fearful of leaving their homes. I get it.

Yes, transmission more likely inside than out. But those guys aren't distancing. They are nearly shoulder to shoulder. Takes 1 sneeze. Don't be so lax just cuz you are outside. Not sure how much soccer you've played, but sounds like a lot. Your example of "I.e.: spit flying, close contact" is exactly what was happening at that practice. Even in just those photos. For sure they played SSG as well. Obviously a guess re: SSG, but no chance they just did shooting practice.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, transmission more likely inside than out. But those guys aren't distancing. They are nearly shoulder to shoulder. Takes 1 sneeze. Don't be so lax just cuz you are outside. Not sure how much soccer you've played, but sounds like a lot. Your example of "I.e.: spit flying, close contact" is exactly what was happening at that practice. Even in just those photos. For sure they played SSG as well. Obviously a guess re: SSG, but no chance they just did shooting practice.

Somewhat agree and we can saw off. Personal responsibility and trust for one another is obviously paramount. Now, if you feel the least bit ill it’s imperative you stay home and check symptoms. But in that photo, I’m seeing 1-2 meters and that is the guideline. Outside is a HUGE difference, not even close. 100% Fresh Air is the best dilution, The sub micron airborne contaminant- along with natural UVC, makes a massive difference.

So does being smart and proactive. We all need to be smart, respectful, and do a part. Just knowing what I know from the work I’m involved in, that photo doesn’t scare me. If it were inside? Yup, no bueno.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point above was exactly definition of money grab. Being outside is the best that you can do right now. Covid 19 transmitions occur in the indoor space. Thats a fact. I shake my head when people say I cannot go out because of Covid19. There is so many green spaces and parks for all of us to enjoy. Its not like vampires are outside waiting for you.
Anyway, I have noticed many groups of all ages playing soccer outside more and more. I think people are being sick and tired of being inside and not being able to socialize. Even this morning there was a group of 50+ playing (about 15 of them).

Sunday League Gaffer

Oct 23, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somewhat agree and we can saw off. Personal responsibility and trust for one another is obviously paramount. Now, if you feel the least bit ill it’s imperative you stay home and check symptoms. But in that photo, I’m seeing 1-2 meters and that is the guideline. Outside is a HUGE difference, not even close. 100% Fresh Air is the best dilution, The sub micron airborne contaminant- along with natural UVC, makes a massive difference.

So does being smart and proactive. We all need to be smart, respectful, and do a part. Just knowing what I know from the work I’m involved in, that photo doesn’t scare me. If it were inside? Yup, no bueno.
Great action shot of Dude this weekend.

Attachments

• Dude.jpg
    Dude.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars