Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - January 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 1-2 Fiji
Caught the 2nd half of the game on my way home from work. Was 1-0 at half for Fiji. Richmond controlled alot of the play as Fiji was sitting back holding on to the lead. Game nearly got out of hand midway through the half. The referee from what I saw was horrible. Made 2 horrible offside calls. Was letting some bad tackles go unpunished yet carding for soft ones or for no foul at all. Seemed like the ref had picked a side cause the majority of the calls were against Fiji. Anyway on with the game. Richmond tie it at 1 with about 5 minutes left after a horrible giveaway in the box by a Fiji midfielder. Fiji came back and netted the winner about 2 minutes later on what I believe was a 3 on 2. I'll let Hardballz once he sobers up give his perspective on the game.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey dudes, what happened in these games?...,
wickham 3 - cliff ave 1
royal 2 - club I 1
richmond 1 - fiji 2

was the weather/pitch too blame? I'm enjoying the weather in asia right now. sounds like some pretty big upsets though.

soca

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we played a hell of a game with a totally different lineup, to be honest if we had our full team this whole season it would be totally different.... good game at king george, rufc played well so did fiji 1 -0 at half, the REF was the shits, all the calls against us , 3 offsides that were not .... rufc tied it up, after a Fiji player gave it up in our box, I cleared a goal off the line...then we scored with bout 2 mins to go.... THANK YOU SIKH TEMPLE for the beers after the game, good luck in Premier lads. ...... we want more BEER !!!!!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 3 - Cliff Ave 1

Not really an upset, just their bad luck to run into a new Wickham side. Well, really an old Wickham side. With the return of ColemanJ to the fold for the first time in 2005/2006, the back line sent out on the field was sporting a total of 174 years experience. (Now that's got to be some sort of record - even for the Masters Division that's a wee bit?) Really, how could anyone really be expected to score against men of that much soccer wisdom...

Good to get a game in,
Cheers

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1:0 Olympics over Westside on a pissy, good-for-nothin' OG. Wicks saves a shot and the rebound bounces off Gabby's right knee.

As a whole, the game was all Westside. Just one sh!t bounce.

Still 2 pts up and 5 games to go.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah ur right" all westside..." i think this westside team should play in the premier league in italy!!! They are just that good!!! The problem is they hit whats called in CHINA... is the GREAT WALL OF CHINA !!! For all the fire power they supposedly have they were kept off the score sheet!! Sometimes karma is a bitch... no way u guyz should of taken the last one... But at the dayz end everything evens out!! Good luck westside to the rest of the season and good luck to all the horses missing horse shoes in chilliwack.... i guess westside needed more luck today than just horse shoes..... Anywayz whatever happens westside is a very disciplined team and are all marks for what they have done this season!! Cheers...... Big win for the premier team this weekend as they are 3 pts out of regulation!!!!!!! Go premier westside go.... PS--> is collin pettingale trying to look like michael peca...? lol...

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess it was all gabby's fault!! Thats what happens when u try warming up with the olympics team.... At the end of the day it bites u in the ass....... Thanks gabby for slotting that one in ur net cause either way the ball was coming to frankie and would of been in the back of the net anywayz.. Also gabby u will be recieving a check in the mail!! Thanks..

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what happened in the Pegasus/Sarajevo match? Apparently it was abandoned at 3-3. Who was the ref, and how much time was remaining?

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The story goes as follows:

Sarajevo was up 3 - 2 with close to 15 minutes left, when an obvious offside was called on one of the Sarajevo forwards. A pretty trivial call, considering they were up. Nonetheless one of the Sarajevo midfielders was enraged; a few profanities were said accompanied by a threat. This lead to a yellow card, but no he wasn't done, he continued to mouth the referee which won him another yellow card (The story would be pretty dull if it ended there) the red carded player began to walk off the field, but before he left he wanted to give the referee a parting gift. A few meters from the referee now, he turns and spits on him. Not just any spit, a massive “loogy” visible to everyone on the sidelines. (Needless to say he will be suspended for quite some time) After the rampaging Serb was removed the game continued w/ something like 5 minutes remaining. After Pegasus’ relentless pressure was awarded with a goal the recently red carded player decided it would be a good idea to storm the field. The referee then called the game, and that’s all she wrote.

I’m not sure how points will be awarded.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give all 3pts to Peg. Then maybe Sarajevo will keep their ejected players under wraps next time.

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
that seems so "out of character" for sarejevo....
are you sure this really happened????????

pretty harsh...the ref shoulda knocked the kid out....spitting on someone? peg shoulda taken care of him for the ref...thats the most disgusting gesture you could possibly do....he should be gone for at least a year.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playboi:

Last time I remember this happening (thousands of years ago), a guy who spit on the ref under similar circumstances got a lifetime ban from the league. His team was tossed for a year.

Very oldschool,

Trece

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reeder said:
The story goes as follows:

Sarajevo was up 3 - 2 with close to 15 minutes left, when an obvious offside was called on one of the Sarajevo forwards. A pretty trivial call, considering they were up. Nonetheless one of the Sarajevo midfielders was enraged; a few profanities were said accompanied by a threat. This lead to a yellow card, but no he wasn't done, he continued to mouth the referee which won him another yellow card (The story would be pretty dull if it ended there) the red carded player began to walk off the field, but before he left he wanted to give the referee a parting gift. A few meters from the referee now, he turns and spits on him. Not just any spit, a massive “loogy” visible to everyone on the sidelines. (Needless to say he will be suspended for quite some time) After the rampaging Serb was removed the game continued w/ something like 5 minutes remaining. After Pegasus’ relentless pressure was awarded with a goal the recently red carded player decided it would be a good idea to storm the field. The referee then called the game, and that’s all she wrote.

I’m not sure how points will be awarded.

It will be very interesting to see how the points will be awarded, especially when the game was nearly finished.
As for any player spitting at all, let alone at a match official, he should expect a lengthy lay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0