Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1A] Results, Banter & Predictions December 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea, we're going to sign him this week
Jorge Angel Mira from UBC, the rookie of the year.
Having him on our team will help us a lot but we hope its not too late

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea, we're going to sign him this week
Jorge Angel Mira from UBC, the rookie of the year.
Having him on our team will help us a lot but we hope its not too late

talked to him the other day and he said that he has signed Westside premier with the rest of the UBC boys...but doesnt know if he is going to play because he is training with the whitecaps right now after he got a call from their new coach.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
im one of his good friends,
i got him the call to train with the whitecaps residency,
hes not training with the mens...he said he doesnt want to play premier so he wants to sign with us because he doesnt want to practise twice-three times a week.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
im one of his good friends,
i got him the call to train with the whitecaps residency,
hes not training with the mens...he said he doesnt want to play premier so he wants to sign with us because he doesnt want to practise twice-three times a week.

you might be good friends with the guy... but I highly doubt that Mosher would let one of his best players sign div 1 when his team in the premier is struggling and barely out of relegation right now. This is what Jorge wrote not even 25 mins ago because when one of his ex royals players texted him asking him if he is playing for bby.... "No man i am not playing anywhere, if I do it will probably be westside where mosher is the coach".... so take that for what it is, but I highly doubt that he will play for bby... if he does that would help you guys out big time as he is one of most skilled players that I have seen and coached.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats understandable with mosher about wanting him to play but he doesnt want to play for westside, he says its far enough to drive out to ubc everyday for school and soccer so whats the point. to be honest with u, at the end of it, i dont think he`ll play for anyone at all. he told me he wants to work and that he wants to just take a break from soccer since thats all hes been doing since last june.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
enough about that anyways... but the two goals that were scored by the serbia player this weekend were some of the nicest that I have seen... that first one that he scored off the free kick was a thing of beauty... and his second goal of the match was just a ripper of a shot into the top corner leaving the goalie no chance on both goals.... you guys came out with alot of energy but seemed to die down as the game went on... Huge game against Peg coming up for us the first weekend back...

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star,

I thought you played with GN?

If you are with Fury, how is it a huge game for you? You currently sit in 7th and win would vault you to, erm...7th. A loss would also keep you in 7th.

It's a huge game for Peg though.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star,

I thought you played with GN?

If you are with Fury, how is it a huge game for you? You currently sit in 7th and win would vault you to, erm...7th. A loss would also keep you in 7th.

It's a huge game for Peg though.

I am playing with Serbia now Scoopy... started training with them a month and a half and have split time with Lucic in net...my bad I thought that we play Peg right after the break but have checked the schedule and we play Peg two weeks after the new year...

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
star,
thats the type of team we are, we start up all fired up and just die down. we were up on pegasus 1-0 in the first 5 minutes.
i have to give credit to the serbia player for those 2 goals but i must say all the goals were nice, our goalie who has helped us a lot had no chances on all 4 goals before he got hurt

my prediction is that we will win atleast 2 maybe 3 out of our 4 games left as i think we can give both Primo, and Romania a run for 6 points against them and hopefully get the wins against sheikh and wickham

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of Romania, it shows they have 24 points and have moved up to 5th. The games after the break are going to be intense with so many possible outcomes for the final standings. I think it's safe to say neither Primo, Akal or Romania are in contention for the division title but anybody want to guess which of the top 3 will take it? Like I keep saying, nobody will beat the Eagles from here to the end of the season. Pegasus included!

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously Serbia has the best crack at winning the side. Westside is in with a chance but they require some help. We also need some help, although we will most likely have a major influence on how it all shakes down since we play both Serbia and Westside. None of the other teams have any possible hope at this point. But apparently this will all be a moot point as the Punjab Hurricanes have already planned their parade route to Premier and had their promotion rings sized. Other than the pre-season, I haven't seen the Hurricanes play so I cannot comment on their quality, nor can I compare them to the top teams on our side. Speaking of which, none of the teams we have played on our side this year would survive very long in Premier next season unless they picked up a few players, especially with the league being cut back to 12 teams.

Cheers,
RR

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Akal will be spending another year in Div 1.

They are in no way shape or form a Premier team. Got DRUBBED by Peg. Now I see why Indo got rid of them.

The winner of 1A gets the Hurricanes. Like I have said before, who knows what can happen in a 1 game playoff.

Either way, whomever comes up to visit us in Premier, will be coming down quite quickly unless they pick up new players.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's a two horse race right now between serbia and westside. serbia has the easier schedule of the top three teams. and if I'm right, even if Peg beats them and run the table... they'd still be a point behind because I don't see serbia dropping points to wickham and fury. good luck.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why should Div 1 teams pick up players if they make it to the Premier? Firstly, the players who made it to the Premier, earned the right to present that team. Secondly, I believe it is bad for a team chemistry. Let the players who earned promotion, to play in the highest league. Win or lose, they are the ones who got you there, and you should stick with that.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you Robinho...it is a total slap in the face to the players that got you there...but I was simply stating my opinion that of the teams we have played against in Div 1 Side A this year, not one of them would do very well in Premier without some help. This is especially true considering the contraction of the premier league to 12 teams.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just ask the Olympics players if they wish they had picked up some players to help last season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0