Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro FC

Sep 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks as though the groups have been determined. Sounds as though they're still tweaking the schedule, however it's uploaded now as part of the 'coach' or 'manager' login on their new online VMSL deal.

2A attached. Unsure of what 2B looks like!

Attachments

• Group.JPG
    Group.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 140

Astro FC

Sep 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd agree with @Farquea - 2A has 2 of the 3 promoted Div 3 teams, with Burnaby Metro who if unchanged are sure to make a big splash. Snipers and Strikers are both quality bunches.
Anyone know anything about Sarajevo? Last year, Eagles came down from Div 1 and I think people expected more from them. Not sure what folks expect from Sarajevo, who barely got relegated from div 1.

Early hot takes say Strikers and Metro being close to top at years end in 2A. NVFC will be expecting tops in Div 2B.

Also, kinda funny how Sarajevo comes down a div but Soccer Coach's team can't get it done vs NorVan last year, yet still get to go up to Div 1. Classic Campo.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo & Shaheen will both challenge in their respective divisions.

Serbian White Eagles last year were an aberration because the entire team quit and someone else took over the spot with new players.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Assuming they're available, anyone want to post the first round of preliminary Division 2 fixtures?

I'd agree with @Farquea - 2A has 2 of the 3 promoted Div 3 teams, with Burnaby Metro who if unchanged are sure to make a big splash.

Don't forget that Unicorns went up as well, albeit not as group winners.

Seems like there are more teams in 2A this season that finished in the bottom-half of 2A and 2B last season. I'd expect a bigger gulf between the top 3 and bottom 3 in Division 2A than in Division 2B. Might make for a more interesting finish to Division 2B.

Astro FC

Sep 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like there are more teams in 2A this season that finished in the bottom-half of 2A and 2B last season. I'd expect a bigger gulf between the top 3 and bottom 3 in Division 2A than in Division 2B. Might make for a more interesting finish to Division 2B.[/QUOTE said:
Fixtures, at least from what I can see on the manager features, are by team only. So your own manager would have to show you those.

I'll bet 2A finishes a lot like 2B did last year. A few separated from the pack, but a log jam in the middle. Gastown for example were only 4 points up on 13th Legion, yet that was the difference between 4th and 10th place.

Also, a big sarcastic slow clap to the folks at VMSL. 1 week until Kickoff of the season, and they haven't even got the groups and week 1 schedule on the website. :facepalm:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every year Division 2 in the VMSL becomes more competitive. Better teams, better players making these divisions very tough. I look forward catching some of your games meanwhile I walk my dog. Best of luck to all the teams.

My prediction for Division 2A is that both Burnaby Athletic and Vancouver Strikers will compete for the first place. However, I see Burnaby edging Vancouver in the long run. Burnaby Athletic is well coached and has very good players. The strikers has quality players who can self organize on the field. Snipers has always the potential for promotion, but their student population is so unstable that you never know when their players go away. Astro should finish around 4th or 5th. Perhaps in one more season they will get promotion. It will be an interesting division to watch.

Burnaby Athletic deserves to be in Division 1 due to their ambition and quality of play.

My prediction for Division 2B is that it is too close to call. Norvan is force to reckon, but they can falter and other teams can take points away from them. The man in Green, Shaheen, Tanoa/Lobbans are all capable of getting into the final fight for promotion.
I saw Shaheen playing a few days ago and they did very well.

Once again, best of luck to all the teams, you have an entertaining and exciting season ahead of you.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
If our pre-season friendly against Meraloma the other night is anything to go by, it could be a tight and stingy affair in 2B this season, the game only finished 5-5.....

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If our pre-season friendly against Meraloma the other night is anything to go by, it could be a tight and stingy affair in 2B this season, the game only finished 5-5.....
I know the level of some players you have this season is much higher than Div 2
So if they all show up to training every week I think you will get promoted
Good luck

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I *think* coaches and managers have access to the preliminary schedule, at least for the first week.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I *think* coaches and managers have access to the preliminary schedule, at least for the first week.
We do have the groupings and schedules for the whole season.
They are not in the public site.
I think that the only issues is that the municipalities are holding off some fields because one or two teams did not follow the alcohol regulations.
I hope this is a wake up call for all the teams to take the issue seriously.
I even saw players from other teams consuming drugs in front of children and mothers with little infants.
We do have the best league in the lower mainland, but some people are ruining it for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0