Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
In other (more relevant?) Div. 2 news...

VUFC completed a quality second half charge and got out of the relegation battle with a 3-1 win over Harps at the weekend.

That means the relegation playoff will be between Unicorns and Twin Arrows. Both teams have a game remaining scheduled for Saturday, but it's purely academic at this point, as neither team can escape the bottom two in their respective division. You wonder whether the league will insist on the games being played or if they will just play the playoff this weekend, rather than stretch it out another week.

Twin Arrows seemed resigned to their fate, forfeiting their last two matches. Will they even play the playoff? Or will they just concede relegation??One assumes if it is a league game this weekend and not the playoff they will forfeit again...

Unicorns should be no strangers to this pressure, as I believe they found themselves in this playoff match last season (or was a that a Div. 3 promotion playoff??)

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Extremely disappointed in Twin Arrows forfeiting at the weekend. We had our first game of summer league and got it postponed to accommodate the TA game, which they proceeded to forfeit the night before

If they'd no intention of playing, maybe let us know a little in advance

thfc

Feb 29, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you ain't first (promotion) you are last in div. 2. Last time I checked there are no trophy's for finishing 4th in the league. Strikers are a good team they are one or two players away from getting promoted. Good luck next year!!
Never said a word about trophies or asking for any validation, just reporting games as they happen......thanks for your wonderful observation though

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haveing played shaheen a few times now they do seem like a decent bunch but there is a few who let them down, there is no need for the diving and rolling around anywhere in footy especially at this level. And spitting has to be the lowest of the low. Punch someone if your upset, spitting is a bitch move, it's disgusting and whoever it was if caught deserves 10 match ban at least.
If u recall in the cup final a player spat at one of our guys too and missed him.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game by Meraloma last night. First goal was a clear offside that the ref missed. I'm sure the Meraloma players agree with me on that one. Having said that they did catch us on the counter at the end of the game for the 2nd goal and defended well and did what they had to do to stop us from scoring all game.
Just wanted to apologize to them and whoever was watching as well on behalf of the Shaheen team for the spitting incident at the end of the game. We have suspended the player from our remaining games this season. It was embarrassing for the team and by no means represents the values of our club and us as individuals. Good luck to all the teams in the rest of the games and congrats to Norvan as well for winning the cup.
We have had some great games between us and was happy to play u in the cup final. U do have some great fun guys and hopefully stay in tack as a team. I know we found it tough on our guys as we had many drop out due to injury as I know ur team did as well. There has got to be a. Ether way to do the cup run instead of cramming in 9 games in 3 weeks. When I played we started the cup back in the end of September. Every month or 3rd week u would play sat and sun. There were no lights back then. Now a days u could play the same every third week and have one midweek game. I am glad u took the initiative and suspended that player as I am sure he was the same guy that did it in our game too. I know ur players but not him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts