Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was one of the coaches of the other teams I would put in another protest. Stratchona needs to be on 18 points. You deduct 6 points from the total they had before the Legion game. Not after, because they did not receive those 3 points on fairness merit. You cannot award them 3 points and then from that total take 6 away. In that case, technically both teams received 3 points from the same game. As for a player, he would still need to serve his suspension. Furthermore, I would probably add another game on top of that one just for good measure.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
you would also assume Billy Lane has a suspension to serve still? or is it null and void from the game having the points deduct. Technically he did not sit out any games.

Do we actually know what exactly happen? Did he play against 13th Legion (when he was supposed to sit due to suspension) under his own name or he impersonated another player? That makes a huge difference.
The former would logically mean that one-game suspension was served (Stratchona was severely punished for that) but latter deserves a serious suspension.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was one of the coaches of the other teams I would put in another protest. Stratchona needs to be on 18 points. You deduct 6 points from the total they had before the Legion game. Not after, because they did not receive those 3 points on fairness merit. You cannot award them 3 points and then from that total take 6 away. In that case, technically both teams received 3 points from the same game. As for a player, he would still need to serve his suspension. Furthermore, I would probably add another game on top of that one just for good measure.

robino,

8.b. Use of ineligible player
1) First Offence-Penalty: $200 fine, stripped of any points acquired in the game and a further deduction of three (3) points. 3-0 result will be given to the opponent.

Rule 8.b. was applied properly in this case (Stratchona was stripped of 3 points and then further 3 points were deducted).

It will be interesting to see if the league is going to apply this rule too:

9.6. Any player playing under more than one name, and/or for more than one BC Soccer affiliated team, shall be immediately suspended for the balance of the season at a minimum.

If he played under another name then he should be suspended for the balance of the season. Impersonation (if that indeed was the case) means "playing under more than one name", doesn't it?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
9.6 means registering with 2 different names to play on 2 different teams. Like Edson and Eder circa 2015-16 :bag:

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
9.6 means registering with 2 different names to play on 2 different teams. Like Edson and Eder circa 2015-16 :bag:

dezza,

Word "playing" in 9.6 may refer to a registration but clearly does not specify registration so it could and should apply to situations like this one (playing under another's player card/name).
If he played that game vs Legion under another name then he automatically played under more than one name, didn't he?

Also, "and/or" in that rule means both or one of those two ("playing under more than one name" and "for more than one BC team").

Another problem here is that if he really impersonated another player and if 9.6 does not apply to that situation (as you are saying) then what is the punishment for impersonation? That has to be considered as a serious offence.

Johnathan s

Mar 12, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I where the manager of Twin Arrows then I would be putting in a complaint. he played and scored under a different name while suspended and he then played the following week against them and scored a first half hat trick. On paper he served his suspension but he was found guilty to have not served it by the VMSL BOD so surely he should of been suspended for twin arrows game??

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I where the manager of Twin Arrows then I would be putting in a complaint. he played and scored under a different name while suspended and he then played the following week against them and scored a first half hat trick. On paper he served his suspension but he was found guilty to have not served it by the VMSL BOD so surely he should of been suspended for twin arrows game??

He may have been free to play until a decision was made is my guess.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also can we discuss what these lads did? did they murder someone?
Division 2 -
Player NameTeam NameDivisionDateSuspServFineStat
Harvinder AtwalBCT Apna Tigers FC ADivision 29/14/2019 4:00:00 PMtbd11tbdTo be determined
Daljinder AujlaBCT Apna Tigers FC ADivision 210/4/2019 8:40:00 PMtbd8tbdTo be determined
Shane D'souzaBCT Apna Tigers FC ADivision 210/4/2019 8:40:00 PMtbd8tbdTo be determined

nobcheesefinger

Sep 30, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
robino,

8.b. Use of ineligible player
1) First Offence-Penalty: $200 fine, stripped of any points acquired in the game and a further deduction of three (3) points. 3-0 result will be given to the opponent.

Rule 8.b. was applied properly in this case (Stratchona was stripped of 3 points and then further 3 points were deducted).

It will be interesting to see if the league is going to apply this rule too:

9.6. Any player playing under more than one name, and/or for more than one BC Soccer affiliated team, shall be immediately suspended for the balance of the season at a minimum.

If he played under another name then he should be suspended for the balance of the season. Impersonation (if that indeed was the case) means "playing under more than one name", doesn't it?
This is a very lenient rule IMO. I've played in other leagues where this would result in a 15 point deduction or even removal from the competition. If this was the case in the VMSL, I guarantee you that Strathcona wouldn't have committed this offence. And whatever interpretation that you take from 9.6 above, it would be crazy if the player goes unpunished, after knowingly cheating.

'Tis the season of love and understanding I suppose....

1575676310006.png

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
HeyZeus! - what a time to take a vacation from the prediction game.

Div 2 exploding in controversy, blow outs, and results that are a little more reflective of the dog days, pre-holidays.

Catching up on the correspondence, @nobcheesefinger asked why the omission of Legion and Strathcona some weeks ago - perhaps I'm Billy Lane and was trying to play it close to the chest? It didn't help that I apparently ran away when the ref came to check IDs.

A las, I'm not Billy Lane - but like everyone in TTPD2, I'll be curious to know the scoop with respect to suspension. Had Twin Arrows game been close, I fully agree that they have grounds for dispute... buuuut it was 9 - 1 so..

@FC Red Star is grasping at straws to try and get 9.6 rule enforced, and @dezza has it exactly right. All that being said, this clear frontrunner for #1 bonehead move of the year goes to a team winning 5 - 0 against lower opposition, getting to within 1 point of tops, and now spanked down to 21 points.. 7 back. Probably a close second on the bonehead title race is our lads at BCT that @big gk pointed out. I would love to know what happened on Sept 14th and Oct 4th - vs NkHrvat.. any info @Observer ?

Predictions as we roll closer to the break:

FRIDAY:
Gastown Vs. GFC - GFC continue to be steady and Gastown has come off a drubbing against the efficient finishing of Serbia. While there is parity in 2B for sure, GFC won't have to much trouble tonight, as they get their top goal scorer back as well > 3 - 0 GFC

SATURDAY:
Legion V Harps: Careful Harps! If you put Ciaron McHugh or Karl Martin on the field under a fake name 13th Legion will catch you. Besides, you should probably be winning this one anyway > 3 - 1 Harps

Astro v Strathcona: Strathcona did a nice job bouncing back of a 3 - 0 loss to 13th Legion .... oh wait..... ;) --- Astro unlucky against Serbia two weeks ago with a 90th minute concession on a great finish - and kept in a match against GFC last weekend close. This will be closer that expected > 3 - 3 draw

Rangers V Shaheen: Despite all their slip ups, Shaheen find themselves right in the thick of the provincial spot battle, given the slip ups by others around them. These games seem to be closer than expected for Shaheen, but Rangers may not put up much of a test: 3 - 1 Shaheen

Marpole v BCT: The BCT guys keep showing up to the games which is great to see. All told, they are still in a position to take 1 or 2 results, and turn them into some interesting situations in the relegation battle. The next two weeks look like winnable games for BCT, followed by 4 that they're effectively guaranteed to lose. If they can get a result or two, they'll face Rinos on the 31st of January, and that could be very interesting. From a prediction perspective though? 3 - 1 Marpole

Juniors v Meraloma: Lomas are 1 - 4 - 1 in their last 6, with the cabbage patch officially freezing over last weekend. The last of the 4 draws came with a 92' equalizer, against Rangers. So something has changed in Loma land. Hopefully the week off helped them retune the goal scoring boots against Juniors who are averaging 3.2GA - 4 - 2 Loma

Snipers V Rinos: This is the type of matchup that BCT will be looking at, hoping to take advantage. Snipers are scoring in bunches, with provincial hopes at play. Rinos could be in for a tough time tomorrow > 5 - 1 Snipers

Lobos v Romania: Lobos had been in the think of that overall race, but proved to be the team that bowed out somewhat. Romania, have come up with a draw on the Loma pumpkin patch, and a 5 - 2 win over a Shaheen team with Milad in the roster. Beating a Milad led team handily sure does mean that Romania have found some juice lately: 4 -2 Romania

SUNDAY:

Bingers V Richmond: These two teams seem to be more even than one expected. Bingers have been getting it back together, but this is easily the best year Richmond has had in a long while and they'll look to continue the run. Bingers always play close games it seems, and Richmond seems to love a draw, so I'm looking > 2 - 2 draw

Greencaps v Serbia: If Serbia keep putting every one of their shots in to the side mesh, than this could easily be a repeat of their previous get together where they were 7 - 0 to the good. Could be a bit of a dicey one here for Greencaps, still in search of their first W of the year. 6 - 2 Serbia

Metropolitan v NK Hrvat: Back week 2 of this year, @Observer proclaimed victory over Metropolitan in what was a great showing. However, as they sit in second, 6 points back, this weekend looks to be the weekend where everyone wonders just how for real they really are. Will they be the team losing 2 - 1 to Rangers? Or the team winning 2 - 1 over Metropolitan? If Metropolitan wins this one, they'll be firmly in the drivers seat. NK will show up, but I don't think it'll be enough - 3 - 2 Metropolitan

Twin Arrows v Sarajevo: This game will be the "breathe easy" game for Sarajevo if they can get a win, lifting them from relegation discussion. Twin Arrows have conceded 22 goals in the last three games. Granted it was to the top 3 teams (Strathcona included at the time) - but 22? Sarajevo will find themselves having much more fun in this one, after a 5 game run that saw them play Serbia, GFC, Strathcona, Bingers, and Legion > 4 - 2 Sarajevo

:cool:

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The notorious Bily Lane looks to of scored two goals for Strathcona as they beat Astros.

Or perhaps they are all Billy Lane now to confuse the refs like in the last scene of three amigos.

Observer

Feb 20, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
vmsl is a joke! sent a little weasel ref to derail the train. two bogus phantom penalty shots turned a 1-0 hrvat lead into a nightmare scenario against a very strong ubc team. all I can think about is slapping judas across the face.

Gambeta

May 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
vmsl is a joke! sent a little weasel ref to derail the train. two bogus phantom penalty shots turned a 1-0 hrvat lead into a nightmare scenario against a very strong ubc team. all I can think about is slapping judas across the face.
I see a red card in the match report for a UBC player in the 36th minute. What happened there?

Onyx

Sep 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does observer always blame refs, when they lose? Did UBC play with 10?
I guess this weekend it was a big weasel ref as score was 7-2 for lomas, and yes must have been 7 phantom pk’s

Joe321

Dec 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money

heyy observer.Would love to hear your take on this weekends results. Too many Pk’s? Boys bring The wrong beer to the post game? Probably brought kokanees. You really hate to see that.

Onyx

Sep 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hehe, observer probably slapped Judas too many times and now is searching out another of of the 12 disciples to slap, or maybe even 7 other disciples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts