Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pool A seems to be decided after yesterday's 1:1 tie between Metropolitan and Shaheen. Metropolitan needs only 1 point from two remaining games (currently 8th placed Marpole and 11th placed Rhino's Bulldogs) to be officially promoted to Division 1. I think it is already safe to congratulate Metropolitan on a promotion.

Pool B still has 5 teams in a hunt for a promotion and each of those 5 teams has a chance. This pool is wide open.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to think he is not their regular keep. No chance their in the promotion hunt with that level of backstopping all season.

That said, I would be impressed if they found an "experienced goalkeeper" at this stage of the season who is not already signed. Likely an uphill slog for them in the promotion race from here on out...

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to think he is not their regular keep. No chance their in the promotion hunt with that level of backstopping all season.

That said, I would be impressed if they found an "experienced goalkeeper" at this stage of the season who is not already signed. Likely an uphill slog for them in the promotion race from here on out...
Not our regular keeper. Our keeper got called into work last minute so one of our players filled in. Tough position to be put in but such is amateur soccer.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not our regular keeper. Our keeper got called into work last minute so one of our players filled in. Tough position to be put in but such is amateur soccer.
Bad timing for such a big fixture what a bummer

nobcheesefinger

Sep 30, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh man that sucks! Knew that wasn't the same guy who played against us. You guys looked like the better team until the second goal. Why was GFC's first half goal disallowed?

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh man that sucks! Knew that wasn't the same guy who played against us. You guys looked like the better team until the second goal. Why was GFC's first half goal disallowed?
The ref whistled the play down on a corner because one of our players was too close to their keeper. According to him, you have to stay 2 yards away. The same time he made this call we scored a nice header so bad timing to learn this new rule.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref whistled the play down on a corner because one of our players was too close to their keeper. According to him, you have to stay 2 yards away. The same time he made this call we scored a nice header so bad timing to learn this new rule.
That's not a rule.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, the ref whistled BEFORE the ball was headed into the net (not after) – everyone could hear a whistle when the ball was in the air. In my opinion, that cannot be called disallowed goal because the play was dead before the ball was headed.

I assume the ref applied this rule:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made.
By the way, impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, the ref whistled BEFORE the ball was headed into the net (not after) – everyone could hear a whistle when the ball was in the air. In my opinion, that cannot be called disallowed goal because the play was dead before the ball was headed.

I assume the ref applied this rule:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made.
By the way, impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.
Yes, he blew it just before the header, which was why we were confused. Where was the keeper moving to that we obstructed? His exact words were, "you must be 2 yards away", and as far as I could tell none of our guys were moving to obstruct him. They just took up a position close to him. Usually a ref will only call a push or a hold, or moving to obstruct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts