Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juega Bonito 0 - 3 France FC

Finally a good game after a long period of bad performances for France FC. I guess Christmas break and few key players don't available didn't help us. So we will try to come into the run for the 4th place with our 2 last games vs Ante Up and Royal City SC. We are looking forward to this very last game that might decide the fade of the 1st place and trust us we won't give 3 points away easily.

Joga Bonito has some good players but they maybe missed a proper organisation and some aggressivity. FFC started the game by playing high on the field with a good pressure on their defensive players. Even if they had few counter situations, we dominated the whole 1st half with a lot of missed opportunities...Thanks to their young keeper that showed impressive skills. On the second half we changed from a 4-4-2 to our classic 4-3-3, which payed fast with an early goal right after the break. We scored 2 others goals from outside the box and kept the ball possession for most of the second half.

I think it's a deserved win. Next game vs Ante up, they won last game 1 - 0 in tight game so we have a 'revenge' to take :)

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFC is looking for a field for training.

Is there any team that have a half-field to share with us for training during the summer season ? Trillium (the best), Andy Livingston or any field close to downtown would be perfect for us.

If there is no availability, if a team is interesting to share a field with us we could request one together. Let me know if you are interested.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Junior 7 - Campo Libre 1
I was not there, so I can not make a game report. I can not divide myself and be at different places.
I just want to assure the Royal City players and the other teams that we did not throw the game away.

Perhaps a coincidence, but the league scheduled our 3 teams on the exact same day and time. I was pretty pissed that I could not be there.

If we lose to Royal City, then Westside is likely to lose the promotion battle.
If we beat Royal City, then Westside might force an extra promotion game.

I am pretty sure that we can beat Royal City and will prepare for it.
In case the Westside Millonarios want to show their appreciation, they can make some reservations to this restaurant. Not exactly, "Westside", but pretty good. You see, the Eastside can have good restaurants too.
http://www.lesfauxbourgeois.com/

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 3 - Joga Bonito 1
or experience beats young skill

This turned out to be a quite entertaining and exciting game. Now it is clear why this team had a couple of good games on the Division 2 Cup competition. It is a very young team, and it has many skilled players. Their playmaker, #9, is very good. It was nice to see them control the ball and with ease pass by our players or make really smart passes. At some moment, we had to put two midfielders on him, so we could take the ball away from him.

Usually, we are the ones that control possession and dictate the game, but this time, these young lads were keeping most of the possession. Thus, we retreated a forward and started to play counterattack.

Despite enjoying possession, they had problems penetrating our back line, and we would recover the ball there and quickly caught them out of position. Because they are young, they are not disciplined in defense. It is like watching playing kids on the street. They all come back in a disorganized manner.

Campo Libre opened the score with a free kick that bounced from the keeper. Our forward nicely finished by putting the ball between the legs of the keeper.

It was clear that the young guys wanted to win this game and they forced us to retreat. They controlled the ball well and moved it around with ease.

Perhaps at this moment the referee showed some bias and took pity on the hard work of the youngsters, because he gave them a non existent penalty. We all literally thought that he was going to call a foul to protect our keeper, but he actually called it a penalty in a bizarre manner. The ball was even out of the field when the contact happened, but the man in black was certain that it was a keeper.

Even the other team in the bench acknowledged that it was not a penalty. In any case, it is what it is. Their player put a nice shot on the net. Not a chance to stop it.

To be honest, I was having a hard time to contain myself with a few quite questionable calls until they started to come our way. Our defender made a clear penalty on their forward, but this time the referee said play on. Perhaps he was trying to correct the earlier mistake.

Both teams wanted to win and it became and back and forth affair. Quite entertaining to watch. For a while, I thought it will be a tie. Then, I thought we will lose for sure, because the young lads are showing better endurance and good skill. However, their lack of experience came with a price.

All of them went up to attack and a couple of times, they left the two poor centerbacks completely exposed. The poor guys were sitting ducks in 4 v 2 situations. One of them even 5 vs 2.

To be honest, one of the goals was a clear offside, and this left their defenders fuming in frustration with reason. Our forward made a pass to the other forward but he was ahead.

I hope that this young team keeps playing and perhaps get a coach. With proper organization they might even move to division 2 in one or two seasons.

Now to get ready against Royal City.
We will do the favour to our westside cousins. They deserve to be in Division 2. Perhaps both teams will go up as Akal has folded.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Westside "Millonarios" do not care if you help them or not. I know those guys and they will fight right to the end, irrespective of whether or not Royal City drop points or not.

Those guys will not be beholden to anyone. If you beat Royal City, do it for the love of the game, the way @clem and France FC would.

If Royal City win the league they will do so having picked up 6 points from Westside and will therefore be full value for it; well played.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Westside "Millonarios" do not care if you help them or not. I know those guys and they will fight right to the end, irrespective of whether or not Royal City drop points or not.

Those guys will not be beholden to anyone. If you beat Royal City, do it for the love of the game, the way @clem and France FC would.

If Royal City win the league they will do so having picked up 6 points from Westside and will therefore be full value for it; well played.
You are not fun.
In any case, whether "Millonarios" like it or not, they will need our help if they want to win the division.
I know it is hard to accept for a Westsider that they need the help of their poor neighbors.

By the way, guys, when are you building the wall between the East side or the West side?
images.jpg

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are not fun.
In any case, whether "Millonarios" like it or not, they will need our help if they want to win the division.
I know it is hard to accept for a Westsider that they need the help of their poor neighbors.

By the way, guys, when are you building the wall between the East side or the West side?
View attachment 18465

No...

That's my point.

If you guys win and help out Westside they will love you for it, but they accept that they lost twice to Royal City. Their fate is beyond their control, they understand that.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
No...

That's my point.

If you guys win and help out Westside they will love you for it, but they accept that they lost twice to Royal City. Their fate is beyond their control, they understand that.
...oh...oh...thats nice...some neighbourly love....
by the way, how come you lost to Royal City. In my opinion, you play better.

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
France FC 6 - 1 Ante Up United

This time we had almost all our best players available and with the nice weather it was perfect conditions for a good game... Unfortunately Ante Up started the game with 9 players on the field...Seems that St Patrick day didn't help them even if it was Friday... Not really cool to play against a 9 players.

They also started the game with a field player as goalkeeper and we didn't miss the opportunity, we scored 3 goals in 20 minutes.. Their 'official' Goalkeeper arrived right after that and he made things a little bit harder for us. So they finished the rest of the game at 10 players, we continued to put pressure on their defensive players and midfielder high on the field which cause them a lot of troubles. They had a good period at the end of the first half but we kept the score at 3 - 0.
After the break we continued the game as we started it, even if they scored on a set piece, we dominated the whole second half adding 3 goals to the addition. They had good players but most of their team seemed a little bit out of shape and the end of the game was hard for them at 10.

It's a deserved win that feel a little bitter knowing they didn't have a full team. I don't blame them I know how hard it is to get the players to wake up at 9am on Sunday... We will try to change this next season.

So FFC is 5th after this victory, right behind Campo Libre but with a better Goal difference (we scored 6 goals today :) ). We are happy that the last game looks like a challenge as we are still running for the 4th place with Campo (and Celtic). As usual we will play our game against Royal and try to take a last revenge for the 7 goals they scored against us... But this time we should have a real goalkeeper and players in better shape.

NucksNation

Sep 14, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
upload_2017-3-20_20-51-42.png
America beat Westside FC 2-1 and Royal city claimed 7-3 victory vs VAFC
america is done with their games at 17 GP.
westside has 2games left and 6points behind
Royal city with 2 games to play and 6points clear will just need 1point to wrap the div.

breakdown of the top 3.
royal city beat westside twice and america once and a tie.
america tied both royal city and westide once but lost to royal city and beat westside.
westside tied america once and lost to america and both times to royal city.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal City too many Celtic not enough.

Having only one sub out to play against the top team in your group is normally not recommended. Neither is starting with a keeper who's only played in goal twice in his life. That said, we were determined to make a game of it, especially since our o35s had just been there 2 nights before to play their o35s.

First goal was in the bogus category as one of their two brothers very obviously trapped the ball nicely for himself with an outstretched arm at the top of our box and then hammered it home. No sympathy from the ref (and apparently no eyesight either, but hey, whaddya do?). They got another one and life got interesting. The bhoys were able to mount some pressure, and bounced one in off their centre back. 2-1. They got that one back and then things see-sawed fairly evenly to the half.

Mr. Ref gave them a penalty early in the second half that sent our rookie keeper the wrong way, and we were looking at 4-1, and it wasn't pretty. We did get the ball back again and won a penalty of our own for a good chop job in their box, and brought it back to 4-2. We mounted some more pressure, and hit one that their own borrowed keeper couldn't keep out and cut it to 4-3. By this time, their back line was getting pretty cranky with each other, and things started to get testy, and more than a bit chippy. We began to press harder as chances presented themselves, and looked for the tying goal. Unfortunately not to be. They won a free kick in our end and converted a shot from a bad angle. Coach Richie decided to gamble and press harder so we pushed another forward up. It resulted in good pressure, but also a couple of injuries; the worst looking to our left back with a broken toe. This exposed us in the back, and they were able to take advantage of it and put two more away.

Royal City should be a reasonable Div 2 team next year, although if they continue to play chippy like this when under pressure, there will be a number of their players producing substantial card revenue for the league.

One more game left for us against Westside. It would be nice to finish strong and go into the summer on a positive note. We've picked up some decent pieces for the puzzle; and Richie has done respectably well as a first-year coach. We'll definitely be stronger next season as last year's U18 grads mature, and we fit the new season's crop in.

VAFC Excuses

Mar 22, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal City too many Celtic not enough.

Having only one sub out to play against the top team in your group is normally not recommended. Neither is starting with a keeper who's only played in goal twice in his life. That said, we were determined to make a game of it, especially since our o35s had just been there 2 nights before to play their o35s.

First goal was in the bogus category as one of their two brothers very obviously trapped the ball nicely for himself with an outstretched arm at the top of our box and then hammered it home. No sympathy from the ref (and apparently no eyesight either, but hey, whaddya do?). They got another one and life got interesting. The bhoys were able to mount some pressure, and bounced one in off their centre back. 2-1. They got that one back and then things see-sawed fairly evenly to the half.

Mr. Ref gave them a penalty early in the second half that sent our rookie keeper the wrong way, and we were looking at 4-1, and it wasn't pretty. We did get the ball back again and won a penalty of our own for a good chop job in their box, and brought it back to 4-2. We mounted some more pressure, and hit one that their own borrowed keeper couldn't keep out and cut it to 4-3. By this time, their back line was getting pretty cranky with each other, and things started to get testy, and more than a bit chippy. We began to press harder as chances presented themselves, and looked for the tying goal. Unfortunately not to be. They won a free kick in our end and converted a shot from a bad angle. Coach Richie decided to gamble and press harder so we pushed another forward up. It resulted in good pressure, but also a couple of injuries; the worst looking to our left back with a broken toe. This exposed us in the back, and they were able to take advantage of it and put two more away.

Royal City should be a reasonable Div 2 team next year, although if they continue to play chippy like this when under pressure, there will be a number of their players producing substantial card revenue for the league.

One more game left for us against Westside. It would be nice to finish strong and go into the summer on a positive note. We've picked up some decent pieces for the puzzle; and Richie has done respectably well as a first-year coach. We'll definitely be stronger next season as last year's U18 grads mature, and we fit the new season's crop in.

In the 3 games Royal city have played against VAFC celtic they have scored 23 goals and conceded 4(10-0, 6-1, 7-3). Trece verde seems to have an excuse for every one of those goals pounded into the back of his net. In the last game referee was unbiased and fair both ways and their keeper was their best player. The score line speaks for its self and the only person with no eyesight is trece verde... ohh wait maybe that's just lack of soccer knowledge and an uncontrollable need to spout bullshit.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you are who?

Not sure why you think you're so hard done by just because I provided a truthful writeup about a game, but whatever. Being a troll is a tough job for you.

NucksNation

Sep 14, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the 3 games Royal city have played against VAFC celtic they have scored 23 goals and conceded 4(10-0, 6-1, 7-3). Trece verde seems to have an excuse for every one of those goals pounded into the back of his net. In the last game referee was unbiased and fair both ways and their keeper was their best player. The score line speaks for its self and the only person with no eyesight is trece verde... ohh wait maybe that's just lack of soccer knowledge and an uncontrollable need to spout bullshit.

im not being a troll but i heard, out of the 3 goals, 1st one was and own goal by royal city`s CB, soft foul (pk), and clearance ball that was lobbed in and somehow hit the cross bar,- bounce off the keepers leg and rolled in.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
im not being a troll but i heard, out of the 3 goals, 1st one was and own goal by royal city`s CB, soft foul (pk), and clearance ball that was lobbed in and somehow hit the cross bar,- bounce off the keepers leg and rolled in.
...which is what I described in what I wrote previously. Why he wants to get himself all worked up about that is not anything I'll lose sleep over.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@VAFC Excuses

#TrollOfTheYear

(And that's saying something given a certain "SoccerCoach" on this site...)
I want to be the #TrollOfTheYear. Anyway, guys, when you read a report do not assume or think that the report is truthful or objective. It is simple storytelling or one persons view. Of course lots of things are added in reports just for dramatic effect or to add a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0