Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Results, Predictions & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyMonkey

Feb 23, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dam wet and cold day. Trace was marching up and down the side of the field. Sicker than a three leged dog. On top of it Pacifica was on fire.
Trace is going to have some rebuilding over the summer months. Team plays hard but hates like hell to play as a unit. Somany guys go solo runs and turn the ball over. One good keeper and a guy in the midle of tha Park Athletic can climb up the standings.
Things look good for future for Athletic.
Alert sheep dog was out for a walk. Hot buns the same.

the human race will be extinct before Celtic get anywhere near close to getting out of the lowest division of the VMSL ...
@Mr Base ... i question your knowledge about soccer more and more with each post you make

JcDubs

Nov 3, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Started with 10, then went to 9 guys early on after one of our guys rolled his ankle, which meant playing nearly the whole game two short, for the 4th time this season. The boys worked hard the first half but gave up a goal midway through. That brought a bit of a response where the boys from the rock put in a decent 10 minutes before the halftime whistle and pushed the Cobras into their back third several times, generating some opportunities. But, in the second half the Cobras were knocking the ball around pretty much at will and smelled blood as our guys tired from chasing. Cobras got a second goal 20 minutes from the end and at that point, a few of our guys dropped their heads. The floodgates opened in the final 15 minutes. Ugh, another 7-zip trashing. Those goals we scored last week seem like a lifetime ago. But, even though we are a new team with growing pains, the boys will reload and hope to get a good turnout and have a better match next week.

Tough to make a go of it with only 9 guys on the pitch. Your boy's put in a good effort and was close in the first half like you said but hard to keep it up when your short guys.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Goal scoring Machine is at home and recovering, thanks. We did a fundraiser for his family to provide some brought-in meals (he and his missus have 2 toddlers, so even more of a challenge). All the kind words are appreciated.

Chunky says a lot without much basis...

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game report: West Van 2-Bowen 2. Weird game in many ways. We actually had 11 guys today (hooray!) and West Van started with 9 for the first 10 minutes or so. Our guys were playing badly, gave up a goal, then West Van had 3 more guys arrive and went to full strength. Strangely our guys started to play better when it was 11 v 11. We evened it early in the second half. But, with about 30 minutes left our best defender got kicked in the knee, couldn't run anymore, and had to leave, putting us at 10 guys. West Van got a second, but our guys found some energy, fought back and evened the score. With 10 guys we were hanging on at the end. Overall, West Van had more chances than we did and an ovreall edge in play. But, once more, we were playing with the bottom of our roster on the pitch, so at the end we were bloody happy to come from behind to get the draw.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if anyone from Snipers comes on here but if so... i'd like to get a copy of the video from Saturday. There was an exceptional piece of skill from one of our guys which resulted in him ending up on his ass that i'd like to watch as we weren't able to enjoy it and give it the praise it deserved at the time.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if anyone from Snipers comes on here but if so... i'd like to get a copy of the video from Saturday. There was an exceptional piece of skill from one of our guys which resulted in him ending up on his ass that i'd like to watch as we weren't able to enjoy it and give it the praise it deserved at the time.

LOL.

I am from FVSL but see what folks are saying in other leagues. We had a guy once this year demand to take a free kick from near centre. He wanted to drop it in the box on a platter for someone to score a perfect volley from the penalty spot I GUESS! haha. So he steps up. Promptly kicks more of the ground than the ball and it travels a few inches off the ground and about 1 yard in distance. haha, he then touched it so the other team could have a free kick for his beautiful failure! :)

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game report, Snipers versus Bowen. Snipers completely snipped the Boners. It was a bloody soccer-cision with the lads from the rock beaten in every respect. Love the width that Snipers play with and they've got good forwards who push the line hard, looking for the ball through or over the top. This is a fast, young team, with excellent skill and shape.

Boners have been in a mess since December, struggling to get guys every week. Started with 10 yesterday, then had a guy arrive late to give us a full side, but 3 of the guys on the pitch never even played youth soccer including our 46 year old guy up front. But, even though the island lads were far below the Sniper's standard they gave a decent account of themselves in the first half, playing pretty well defensively and scoring only to have it called back on an offside call. Down 2-0 at the half, with our guys tiring and no subs --the over 40s especially had nothing in the tank -- and you knew it was gonna be a long second half. The last 20 minutes in particular was a shooting gallery and Snipers put in 4 more. Even so, the boys had 3 good scoring chances and should have pulled one back when they were down 3-0 and our attacking fullback missed the open net. Still, overall, the island lads were never in this game.

I feel a bit sorry this year for solid teams like Astros and Cosmos, who would be fighting for a promotion spot from Div. 3 B in most normal seasons. But, Greencaps and Snipers are just at a another level in comparison to the other teams in the Division. Both are already quality teams who will make an impact next year in Div. 2. It would be a shame if both of them didn't go up. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. As for Bowen, our goal is to end the season with 11 guys in each of our two remaining games, play in the summer, and come back stronger next fall.

soccer8

Jan 19, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really do love your honesty in all your reports ricky g and to be fair when ye gave a full team ye can be a decent side but how do you plan to fix the problem of so many people missing in the second half of the season... It must be hard to get guys over from the island week in week out....hopfully ye can get a squad to contest next year...

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer 8, first, we'll convince Mr. Base to move to Bowen. Second, as long as rosters aren't frozen at 25, we plan to sign the entire population of Snug Cove next fall. Third, we will be recruiting youth players as far down as U12.

It has been an interesting experiment this year and we've had some frank discussions about whether we have a big enough player pool on island, and more whether there are enough guys motivated to disrupt weekends and pay for ferries to come into town to play. At the moment, the feeling is we'll give it another go next year and, based on what we've learned this year, hope to be more consistently competitive. Probably gonna put a team in the North Shore Sportsmen's league this spring and also take a look at a few kids who are playing U17 this year. I know at least 2 Bowen youth players who have the size to play in VMSL and have one Hell of a lot more skill than half the guys on the squad this past season. Plus we had a surprisingly bad year with injuries, losing our best finisher to an MCL tear in November and another of the best guys to a chronic hamstring issue. Plus, a couple of the guys we recruited late in the season who never really played competitive soccer before are turning out to be surprisingly committed and one of them is actually getting good enough that he'd even get some regular minutes if we had the full squad out. So, better planning, more on island recruiting, and some better luck and we should be back with a better, larger, and more experienced, squad next year.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
A fantastic waste of time down at Jericho this morning. NorWest showed up with 7 only for things to be made even worse by no ref showing up. The only positive was that it wasn't pissing it down!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crnogorski is that because half of them are not fit enough to keep up with the play. Or because some know the game. I think the are all good.
Half of the players need to read the rule book to keep up with all the changes.
Esteghal vs Sighnmaster ref never left the circle. It did not matter Esteghal head an easy time.
Div three soccer is more about staying fit and having fun. Next year with 9 teams droping will bring much better soccer in div three. Teams like Green Devils and Soudi is very strong sides with bit of bad luck this year. Same for B United or Nor Van. Also the teams dropping from C group. I personally think two groups of 10 should be in Div three. Div four should be for teams that are in last three spots in div three in each group.
It would make for way better soccer in Div three and also more fun for teams in div four. We must give young guys a chance to develop.
Most teas drop four five younger guys each year due to lack of physical play. VMSL is trying hard to improve the senior soccer. Now if Angelo could run bit of fitness for his guys League would rock.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played our 12th game this season shorthanded today, this time against NorWest United. I'm going to write a tactical manual on our new killer formation, the 3-4-1, which we've worked at perfecting this year in 6 different games.

Today was a luxury though with 10 guys, although we had guy in net from the local coed league who has only ever played there once before. NorWest were strong on the ball in the first half and got a couple goals early on, mostly due to sloppy defending from our back line and a keeper howler. Full credit to to the NorWest boys. Boners came back and won the second half as NorWest tired, controlled the play, and got a goal, but should have had 3, missing the open net on several occasions. The lads just couldn't get the second goal to earn a point.

At the beginning of the year I listed getting 11 guys out to each match as one of our major goals for the season. As if.

But, it was a great learning experience for all involved and, overall, we had a blast in our first year in VMSL. I didn't say this to many people in September but I was secretly hoping for a top 6 finish this year. We'll just miss that, but next year I think we can do better. All the best for the summer to all the other teams in Div. 3!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any team that has just ten or nine guys coming out each game should join up Pacifica or Friends and hake it much more fun for guys coming out. It is a drag coming out only with ten. You know you have one hell of a game just to score or come out with a tie. Next year scores are going to be fifteen zip if teams come with nine guys. Vancouver Athletic could use three older players for next fall, with youth you can only do so much.
One or two sides should join over thirty five. Game is changing. There is way more pace in div three.
But the ref in Esteghal vs Sighnmaster forgot to do the papers before the start of the game. Rules are clear no paper no play. Angelo should sit down with his refs and make sure that the paper work is correct. Cheaters have to be stopped. Each youth player must get a clearance from district head person to play. One team head four five call ups no paper was taken before the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts