Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 VMSL Div 3 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

bithulitic

May 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello, As much as I am sure I will be getting the piss taken out of me at some point in this thread, the near impossibility of getting hold of the league has lead me here. I've have a squad of lads that is ready to take a dive into the VMSL, but we can't find out how we can get the squad in (deadlines, process, requirements). I've got them in training, but before I start getting them doing sprints until they puke, I'd like to know if this is all for naught. Getting hold of the league has proven to be... difficult. Any info greatly appreciated.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
if all else fails the Burnaby Mens League isn't terrible...I think they must have their paperwork issues all sorted out by now....And they are always eager to accept new teams.

Wasn't this the first year the VMSL had a third division in some time?

VMSL Home Page, what a site :D If you click to the directory there are phone numbers for Azzi and the gang.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Contact Azzi. that is the only way. Or you can hook up with an existing club and weasel your way in that way.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL is way better league to play in than Burnaby league.Clubs are way stronger.Three teams get to go to B cup play down from VMSL.B cup is not a joke some very fine players play at that level.Some sides have three four X pro level players.Also most of the games are played on the grass pitches.Div three level you must have fifteen guys with at least silver one or gold level soccer as youth .If you do not get the guys, season is going to be very long and harsh.It will be fun to see how many more teams get the spot in div three.Perhaps Mr Azzi will have twenty sides in Div three.Desmesh was one of those sides that played in B cup this year and showed some fantastic foot skill.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure on a whole VMSL is better than BBY - no one would doubt that. But Burnaby's A and probably even their B is better than VMSL D3.

Of course a new team is going to start at the bottom of each league.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personaly do not think that Burnaby div A is better than VMSL div three.Two sides in Burnaby div A came from VMSL div two and both of them were bottom teams.It might look like it is a better league.Not to me and i do know both.Many more older guys play in Butrnaby because most of them have kids and they have to spend saturday and sunday with kids.Playing 6Pm and later lets them be part of it.
VMSL by far is the best league in the winter.PCSL in the summer is equal to VMSL and maybe bit better.On the other side FVSL is making steps forward and it will get even better.Also Millar League in Norh Van is getting sronger and better.Most of the youth from Lynn Valley and North Van play in the league.It would be nice for Burnaby and Millar leagues to be part of BC soccer and then you would see where they stand.It is only done via A cup games to see where each club stands.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be nice for Burnaby and Millar leagues to be part of BC soccer and then you would see where they stand.

Uh, Mr. Base, the Burnaby League IS a part of BC Soccer - that's how they are allowed to send players to the B Cup...Maybe you mean "they should be part of the VMSL?":confused:

Trece

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personaly do not think that Burnaby div A is better than VMSL div three.Two sides in Burnaby div A came from VMSL div two and both of them were bottom teams.It might look like it is a better league.Not to me and i do know both.Many more older guys play in Butrnaby because most of them have kids and they have to spend saturday and sunday with kids.Playing 6Pm and later lets them be part of it.
VMSL by far is the best league in the winter.PCSL in the summer is equal to VMSL and maybe bit better.On the other side FVSL is making steps forward and it will get even better.Also Millar League in Norh Van is getting sronger and better.Most of the youth from Lynn Valley and North Van play in the league.It would be nice for Burnaby and Millar leagues to be part of BC soccer and then you would see where they stand.It is only done via A cup games to see where each club stands.

You are on drugs mate.
Estrella De Chile will prove this out one way or another...They are headed into VMSL D1 this year and won BBY Div A last year, supposedly after purchasing/taking over the spot from AFC. Why would Randy leave Delta to run these guys if they were no better than VMSL D3?

How you can make that comment when you state that Burnaby isn't BC Soccer either shows that you are:
A) Ignorant to the facts, and thus should reserve comment until you know what you are talking about or;
B) Google the Burnaby mens league first before popping off.

The Burnaby league is pretty well run. The downfall is all games are played on the near-astroturf worn out Field Turf at BLSC.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A) Ignorant to the facts, and thus should reserve comment until you know what you are talking about

This is sage advice. I just wish you would follow it.

Once again you are talking out of your arse, this time assuming TTP rumour as fact.

Randy Samuel is not associated with Estrella de Chile.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I said Facts after I prefaced my original post with the word "supposedly"

irrelevant to the argument...

He stated that he "personaly do not think that Burnaby div A is better than VMSL div three"

I guess he is entitled to his opinion, it is based not on fact...

i suppose i should have been clearer with my wording, but I think you should be able to get the jist of it,,,...and are you calling Burnro a liar? ;)
Just spoke to someone who confirmed their group have taken over the AFC spot...a South American group...not sure if they're from the Multicultural League or related to ACBC...and they will change the name from AFC to Club de Chile (or something like that) next year. He confirmed they have secured Randy Samuel & his staff to coach them in Div. 1 this coming season...not sure where that leaves Delta Metro Blaze and/or their players, especially those loyal to Randy from their FVSL days???
http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/v...cer-league-rumours-various-scuttlebutt-6.html

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile is a good side.They did play in B cup in Richmond and could not beat the two sides from Richmond League.Chile has some very good players but they will need six more to play in VMSL in div one.Div one is a very strong
level.Many Caps players play in div one just to stay in shape and also Douglas and Langera boys when their season ends in November.Randy knows what it will take to play in VMSL.He knows it is not easy to find sixteen top level guys, willing to work very hard twice a week.Best way to chek it out is, get a friendly game against Desmesh and you will see what it takes.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd love to set up a friendly with demesh...

If any Demesh guys are here please PM me.

I'd like to see how we stack up against them.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnnybluenose i did see Desmesh in div two group.They will give each team a good game.They are just like Punjabi Huricanes.Mostly young good skill players.
Div three might have two groups of ten teams yet.It is looking better lateley.
Soccer in Premier division will be much better now.With less clubs each team will be able to get one or two premier level players.
I can not understand Burnaby Canadians,does anybody knows what went wrong.

balkaneye

Mar 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see you have banned Base for some time. He knows what he is talking aboub.Will he return. I can no see it. His posts make one hell of a sence.
What you guys do not like NDP.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who were the 2 teams playing at Livingston last night? We were watching the Yaletown and FF match and somebody was saying that it was a Div.3 match. We only saw glimpses and the last 15, but those 2 teams could easily be in Div.2. Feel for the blue team as the ref missed 2 PK's in less than 30 seconds IMO. A draw would have been just.

bluemammoth

Feb 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who were the 2 teams playing at Livingston last night? We were watching the Yaletown and FF match and somebody was saying that it was a Div.3 match. We only saw glimpses and the last 15, but those 2 teams could easily be in Div.2. Feel for the blue team as the ref missed 2 PK's in less than 30 seconds IMO. A draw would have been just.

The blue team were the Cleos.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The blue team were the Cleos.

Ventured out in the F'ing cold to watch the Cleos vs Panthers game last night. Game had plenty of emotion and could have gone either way. Panthers missed a couple in the 2nd half, with the Cleo's capitalizing on a scramble. Both teams deserve to be in Div 2, as I chatted with the ref and some players from the Cleos who recognize that as well. Cleos are a first year time in the league with some players breaking and or got pushed away from the Hurricanes in Div.1. Takes a lot of balls for some of those guys to get dropped from Div.1, and decide to start from the bottom in Div.3. Much respect for those lads. Because of that I hope the rub and tubs pull it off.

klons

Feb 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless this is a completely new team, Cleos were in Div 2 at least two years ago, and I remember them as a bottom feeder at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0