Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] 2007/08 PreSeason Rumor-Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Feb-March 2007

Quote from Blaze Army's post in the Premier thread, for anyone else who might be interested:

"The final division 2 setup was confirmed, voted whatever last night.

There will be a division 3 with 6-8 teams apparently. Maybe 10 if they can get up to that many.

Div 2 setup will be same as in the past. 3 groups of 10. the only difference will be the promotion playoffs which will be a round robin of the top team in each side. Bottom side from each side will be relegated. with 4 coming down from 1 and 1 coming up from div 3 and 2 going to div 1 and 3 going to div 3.
Squamish will be in div 2 proper taking over from either Nomads or Richmond FC who have left the league and Maple wood have asked to play div 3."

Fileh

Jan 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 Groups:

Div 2 A
Aryana FC
Bosna Soccer Club
City FC Rangers 'A'
C-Lects FC
Cliff Avenue Cobra
NK Hrvat
Norvan JB’S
Portuguese Club of Vancouver 'A'
UBC Metropolitan FC
Yaletown FC

Div 2 B
'B' United
Bombastic FC ‘A’
Cleo's FC
Douglas Park Rangers
Kosova SC
Point Grey Rangers
Shaheen SC 'A'
Signmaster FC
Squamish FC
West Van Royals

Div 2 C
C-men’ Lions
East Van Socceroos
GN Sporting Club
Green Devils
Hellas Athletic FC
KLM Alemania FC
Meraloma SC
PCOV Europa
Unicorns
Westside FC Knights

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
romania and polonia were thumped at the Provincials. Best bet they'll be back in Div 2 next year.

you're a tool. we lost 1 game to a team with ex-national team players and full of premier calibre players. that has absolutely no bearing on how we will do in the first division. as a team, that was our only regulation loss in over a year and a half, and we were missing a lot of players. we should do well come winter season. why you have to hate us anyways? did our team run a train on your mom and this is the only way you can get back at us, by posting on ttp? you probably haven't even seen us play. too busy sipping latte's and checking out the guys in yaletown. we won't be back in div 2 next year.

bukkakemon

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like JBs and NK will renew old rivalries!

Does Squamish have a turf field? If not, the league should do most of their home games in September/ October I would think.

PG Rangers is the old Belmont from last season ... a few new faces for sure.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Squamish has one now, as Quest University up in Garibaldi Highlands was having one installed (was about 60% complete) when I was up there for work purposes two months ago...
Basically turn right at the Canadian Tire and follow the signs to Quest U. I attached a picture, this would be a beauty place to play a game... You can see the field turf hasn't been laid yet there on the left, but the lights and concrete are done. This was in mid-May.

Attachments

• DSCF1618.jpg
    DSCF1618.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 112

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we're (PG Rangers) in 2B this year and find some very familiar teams are in the group as well:

Bombastic A
Signmaster
Cleo's
Douglas Park
Shaheen
West Van Royals

The others I'm not too familiar with:
B United
Kosova
Squamish

Looks to me like a very even division with plenty of teams able to take points off each other. No run-away favourite...with the exception of maybe Shaheen having the ability to put some skill on the field when they have to. We have added plenty of new faces and I'm a little unclear of how we'll do but i expect we'll be the same hard working team that competes.

See you when the strike's over.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see the revival of PG Rangers. However, just what this league needs, yet another team with the same name...
Is it true that PGR are an ammalgamation of Belmont and Primo players?
I agree that this division should be tight, but really hope that B United has gotten their act together, as they were short so many times for players and were pretty awful when they did get 11 or more...
Good to see Richmond FC disbanded... Hopefully this year there will be no whinning, diving, berating the ref (well, that is bound to happen) and all- round childlike behaviour..
I think we will be stronger than last year as we have added even more talented blood and have gotten younger.

Should be interesting to see how we all match up against Shaheen...

If the league start is suspended, might be nice to organize some friendlies to keep teams fresh.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR is basically the Belmont from last year with about 6 or 7 new faces. Yes, some of the new faces are ex-Primo players. We were sick of showing up with 10 or 11 guys to a game last year.

I agree about B-United... they're a fun bunch to play against, as long as they have 11+ players. Otherwise the 8-0 scoreline makes it kind of a waste of a day.

I don't think this division has any clear favourite. Bombastic, Signmaster, DPR, Shaheen are all capable of winning. The unknowns are PGR, Squamish, Kosova ... perhaps one or two of these teams will excel.

too young - don't we have a friendly set up against you guys this wednesday?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see the revival of PG Rangers. However, just what this league needs, yet another team with the same name...

Not following. Are there other Point Grey teams I'm not aware of? Pretty sure we're the only one now. Strikers are gone, United are the Unicorns (there's an upgrade in names...:eek:) and the Rangers are back.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't commenting on the Point Grey part, just the Rangers, as that is the name of our team too. Good to see PGR back, as I was a member back in the mid-90s.
Teelay, I believe we have a game on Wednesday, yes. Looking fwd to it!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See you tomorrow night. Mid 90's? Thinking of who is on DPR that used to play for us...know of D and that's it I think. Help me out here.

bluemammoth

Feb 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're all very happy to hear the Rangers are back. We're happy to see both teams getting along so nicely. Perhaps during your friendly on Wednesday evening you can reminisce about the kindergarten classes you once attended together...

Can we get back to piss-taking please?...Now that the Primos boys are riding to the rescue of Belmont, who gets relegated to waterboy/laundry duty?...Bandcamp?...Telay?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez - all of a sudden Belmont becomes Point Grey or is it Primo... fcuk it's pretty much just Belmont with a new name & a couple of new faces. The waterboy is the tall defender on the PGR backline - he loves those types of comments. Try giving him the gears in a game - it will go over really well.
:bronco:

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like 2C is added to the games this weekend. who knows how we're going to play in the jungles that are our fields cuz the crybabies of vancouver city can't get a deal done. best part is the communication we receive from the vmsl regarding the strike and implications; only notice we receive is to use rubber bands to hold the id cards together, no hole punches! wow....anyway, here's to a great season hope to have some fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0