Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Premier 2017-2018 Results, banter and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 4 - 1 Romania

Skeleton crew still for us but the bodies that were there played very well. Romania also looked light on bodies.

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus-West Van FH 6-2

Columbus are quality up front. They will punish with every opportunity. Speaking of skeleton crews we showed up with 11 again. Columbus had at least 5-6 subs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other games, Metro Ford and Westside tied 1-1, and West Van beat PCOV 3-1. This week's games coming up:

West Van vs Croatia. Currently first vs second place in the standings.
Romania vs Metro Ford. Tough one here for Romania to get points; MF should remain undefeated.
VUFC vs Columbus. Can VUFC get points off of one of the top 7? Will be a challenge.
EDC vs Flying Horses. Things do not get easier for the Horses this week.
Westside vs PCOV. This will be a very even game I think.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC vs Columbus. Can VUFC get points off of one of the top 7? Will be a challenge.
We are missing some very important players for us who've been out all year. Hoping they come back soon. The top teams are tough for sure but we pretty much went 1-1-1 against the top teams last year...West Van, Croatia, Westside. Couldn't get to Columbus last year. We took a tie with MF. And I see EDC falling back as the season progresses. I definitely don't see it as a top 7. I know how important it is to you to remind us of our standing :)

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus are getting psyched for this week's game

lol

This week...

West Van vs Croatia. Going for the draw in this one.
Romania vs Metro Ford. Metroford in a breeze.
VUFC vs Columbus.
EDC vs Flying Horses. The horses will give them a good go if they can show up with a full roster. If not, EDC win comfortably.
Westside vs PCOV. Based on form, you gotta go with Westside.

Now off to the field I go!
Cheers

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 0 - 3 Columbus

A really even game despite the lopsided score where two goals were scored near the end of the game as we were pushing for the equalizer.

The turning point of the game was around the 40th minute mark and the score at 0-0. Around 35 yards from goal and in the Columbus half a stray ball was just out of reach of the Columbus last man who blew a tire(I think he pulled his hammy). I raced on to the ball and got to it before the keeper and pushed the ball low to his right to get by him, he dove down to stop the ball but it clearly hit his arm(and then his face). No call. That was tough to swallow. I know it's a big call for the ref because it's a red card imo(last man, hand ball and preventing a goal scoring opportunity). Btw, he was a really good ref...no complaints besides that.

Columbus immediately came down the field and scored with a nice interaction from their front runners. A back heel to set up a curler 12 yards out. Soccer karma. lol

In the second half they had a decent shout for a penalty and hit the woodwork. We missed a glorious chance to tie the game when our utility man(can play anywhere on the field!) shot wide from a few yards out. It wasn't our night!

They had a bit more quality on the night and got the points. They are the only team we haven't gotten any points off of in the last two seasons. #boggiemen.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 5 Croatia 1

Jesse scored on a nice header off a set piece at about the 20-minute mark. Croatia replied about 2 minutes later on a nice finish on another set piece. Jesse got his second right after that and then Crouch to make it 3-1 at the half on a picture goal. Jesse again and also Sipho with very well-taken goals in the second half as WV pulled away, lots of chances.

Miro in the middle did a fine job all in all.

Big Derby match at the Flying Horses next Saturday and Halloween party to follow ...:bronco:

Last edited:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 5 Croatia 1

Jesse scored on a nice header off a set piece at about the 20-minute mark. Croatia replied about 2 minutes later on a nice finish on another set piece. Jesse got his second right after that and then Crouch to make it 3-1 at the half on a picture goal. Jesse again and also Sipho with very well-taken goals in the second half as WV pulled away, lots of chances.

Miro in the middle did a fine job all in all.

Big Derby match at the Flying Horses next Saturday and Halloween party to follow ...:bronco:

Jesse is tearing it up right now! Where is TK?? ;)

Surely it's match fixing if the Horses fall to West Van proper. :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In other games this past weekend, EDC defeated Flying Horses 2-1, and Westside defeated PCOV 1-0, so Machel at least got those two right. Metro Ford vs Romania must have been postponed for some reason.

Games this coming weekend:

Friday:

Croatia vs Westside
PCOV vs Romania
Metro Ford vs VUFC
Columbus vs EDC Burnaby

Saturday:

West Van Flying Horses vs West Van FC

Last edited:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a couple of hours to kill so thought I would fire out my predictions for the upcoming weekend;

Croatia vs Westside - Always a tight one for us under the 'lights' at Trillium and expect it to be another tight game against Croatia.

PCOV vs Romania - PCOV win 2-0. PCOV have struggled early doors but I think the Portuguese lads will start to turn it around. Too much quality there and Romania look to be in all sorts of trouble early.

Metro Ford vs VUFC - Never a walk in the park out in Coquitlam on a Friday night. VUFC haven't fared well against the seasoned teams thus far giving up 14 and scoring 2 against teams above them. MF win comfortably.

Columbus vs EDC Burnaby - Taking Columbus by 2 against Burnaby. Burnaby have came out the gate well but with the exception of PCOV who have struggled early, they haven't played against what could be described as one of the top teams yet. They did lose to Westside 2-1 and Croatia 1-0 so it will be interesting to see how they do in the next couple of games. That said, they don't give up many goals, so they always give themselves a shout.

West Van Flying Horses vs West Van FC - Derbies are always a wee bit different but given that W Van seemed to be pissed at the world and battering everyone, I can only see a long night for The Horses. I do take them to win at the Halloween Party that follows though.

Good luck to all the mobs.

DB

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I pretty well agree with DB.

I am going Westside and Croatia as a tie.
PCOV 3 Romania 1.
Metro Ford 4 VUFC 0. Unless they get another postponement.
Columbus 3 EDC 2.
West Van FC vs Flying Horses. This will be a very entertaining night at Ambleside.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks predictions :

Croatia vs Westside - Westside quietly climbing in the standings and win in a sqeaker.
PCOV vs Romania - Romania on a hunch.
Metro Ford vs VUFC - We're in tough.
Columbus vs EDC Burnaby - I'll call it a draw even though I'm leaning more on the EDC side.
West Van Flying Horses vs West Van FC - Match fixing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts