Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Premier 2017-2018 Results, banter and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Continuing my streak of disagreeing with you: Romania are weak and they only had a couple subs when we played them. PCOV is good just off to a bad start. They break out this weekend

Stats would indicate that PCOV are not that good. Worst goals differential and the weakest offensive output. I'm not sure why they're struggling so much this year since we haven't had a look at them yet but they're definitely not playing like the team they once were or we remember. This is a huge game for both of those teams and I would actually like it if they tied :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naw PCOV is much better quality...unless they aren't getting out their key guys or something for some games...they were a good side against us.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 1 - 7 MetroFord

1-0 VUFC in the first 5 minutes.
7-0 Metroford in the rest of the 85mins.

They're just on another level really.

And PCOV 3 - 2 Romania from the excellent site.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van FC M 3 West Van Flying Horses 0, one team in orange, the other in black for Haloween. Lots of people out watching this one at Ambleside. The Horses had about 10 subs out to this one, who certainly were in full voice at the ref and the West Van team this evening. The ref collected his money and basically never left the center circle. Horses keeper made a few blinder saves, I have never seen him before.

nafc10

Jan 12, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 3 EDC 1 (West Van simply has to much horsepower)

Rangers 1 PCOV (PCOV are better than the points show but so are the Rangers)

Romania 1 Croatia 3 (Croatia have let in 9 goals in 2 games!...but don't panic its all fun and games until they have their entire team come out)

Columbus 2 Metro Ford 1 (you heard it here first)

Westside 2 Flying Horses 0 (Flying Horses stay last place all season)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weekend's following predictions:

West Van vs EDC. I have not seen EDC play yet so this is tough to call Another first vs second match, so the nod has to go to the first place side at home. 3-1 West Van.

VUFC vs PCOV I actually think PCOV has the stronger side at the end of the year, but the Portuguese will not like to travel way out west, they got over that in the 1600s. PCOV will be light on numbers, VUFC will be in a frenzy for this match. 2-1 VUFC.

Romania vs Croatia. It is never if ever easy to visit Romanian turf.

Romania 2 Croatia 2.

Columbus vs Metro Ford. Both sides are very dangerous going forward. Metro Ford gets the nod defensively and in goal. Columbus is at home this evening. Columbus 2 Metro Ford 2.

Westside vs Flying Horses. HOrses had great numbers out last week, and were much more competitive. This is an away game for them this week on a team on a roll unfortunately. Westside 3 Flying Horses 1.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No reds last week. One red tonight and many many yellows, I think all except one to ECD. West Van 1 EDC 0 final score, could've been waay worse. EDC has beautiful royal blue uniforms, nice bright pinnies, cones to do lines with, and even a propane heater on the sideline.

Last edited:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EDC has beautiful royal blue uniforms, nice bright pinnies, cones to do lines with, and even a propane heater on the sideline.
With this cold snap and heading into the sloppy weather will be interesting to see how they do...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From last night: VUFC 1 - 1 PCOV

PCOV will be disappointed not to get the 3 points as we scored w 1 minute left...and then almost got a winner. PCOV played well and we didn't have a good game. Their goalie is a total wild card. Was on a yellow from early and was always looking to take out a player when he could. He also skipped the handshakes and stormed off the pitch! Straight into the wambulance

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the halfway point of the season for most teams and it's not too surprising who's at the top of the division, at the middle, and at the bottom of the division. Maybe the only real surprise is PCOV having a slow start to the year. West Van have a cushion up at the top right now and the question is can the rest of the pack catch them? Metroford has 3 games in hand and are starting to put the ball in the back of the net. The reverse fixture between Metroford and WestVan may just be the title decider(if West Van wins). Can Westside and EDC give those two a run for their money?...it could be too late for them already this season.

The middle of the pack is pretty much interchangeable between 3-7 imo. Teams that won't necessarily win the league and are also not a threat to go down either really. On any given day they can all take points off of one another. Some good footie here for sure.

The bottom sees the usual suspects as well. We're(VUFC) just hovering above the bottom 2 at the moment and we'll need some good performances to stave of relegation. Romania have played decent at times but they've lost some players this season to EDC(from what I can tell) and it was always going to be hard to replace them. The Flying Horses after killing div.1 last year are finding out there's a big jump to Prem. We were in the same boat last season.

A lot of games left to play as we turn the page from mid season.

Predictions:
Coq Metro Ford M-A PCE - PCOV M-A - MetroFord may score a handful in this game.
FC Romania M-A - West Van FC Flying Horses - It's best for us if this is a tie or a win for the Horses. The power of positive thinking. lol
VUFC Rangers M-A - Croatia SC M-A - I don't ever make predictions on our games. Of course I want us to win every time. duh
ICSF Columbus FC M-A - West Van FC M - Lets make things interesting with a semi upset.
Westside FC M-A - EDC FC Burnaby M - Two good teams going at it here. I thought EDC was one of the better teams we've played against so far this season.

Good luck.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the halfway point of the season for most teams and it's not too surprising who's at the top of the division, at the middle, and at the bottom of the division. Maybe the only real surprise is PCOV having a slow start to the year. West Van have a cushion up at the top right now and the question is can the rest of the pack catch them? Metroford has 3 games in hand and are starting to put the ball in the back of the net. The reverse fixture between Metroford and WestVan may just be the title decider(if West Van wins). Can Westside and EDC give those two a run for their money?...it could be too late for them already this season.

The middle of the pack is pretty much interchangeable between 3-7 imo. Teams that won't necessarily win the league and are also not a threat to go down either really. On any given day they can all take points off of one another. Some good footie here for sure.

The bottom sees the usual suspects as well. We're(VUFC) just hovering above the bottom 2 at the moment and we'll need some good performances to stave of relegation. Romania have played decent at times but they've lost some players this season to EDC(from what I can tell) and it was always going to be hard to replace them. The Flying Horses after killing div.1 last year are finding out there's a big jump to Prem. We were in the same boat last season.

A lot of games left to play as we turn the page from mid season.

Predictions:
Coq Metro Ford M-A PCE - PCOV M-A - MetroFord may score a handful in this game.
FC Romania M-A - West Van FC Flying Horses - It's best for us if this is a tie or a win for the Horses. The power of positive thinking. lol
VUFC Rangers M-A - Croatia SC M-A - I don't ever make predictions on our games. Of course I want us to win every time. duh
ICSF Columbus FC M-A - West Van FC M - Lets make things interesting with a semi upset.
Westside FC M-A - EDC FC Burnaby M - Two good teams going at it here. I thought EDC was one of the better teams we've played against so far this season.

Good luck.

I've always loved having a look at the predictions but was wondering how it could be too late for Westside to challenge MF and WV? Bear with me here and certainly a few 'ifs' but supposing we win our postponed game agaist VUFC, that would put us 5 points behind W Van with still having to play them. By some miracle, we could pull off a wee upset there. Same for MF; they win all of their make up games (one of those being against EDC Burnaby), which would put them one point above us with still having to play them......I'm failing to see the 'too late' part unless I'm just being idealistic again.

Just an observation really.

Good luck to all the mobs.

DB

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've always loved having a look at the predictions but was wondering how it could be too late for Westside to challenge MF and WV? Bear with me here and certainly a few 'ifs' but supposing we win our postponed game agaist VUFC, that would put us 5 points behind W Van with still having to play them. By some miracle, we could pull off a wee upset there. Same for MF; they win all of their make up games (one of those being against EDC Burnaby), which would put them one point above us with still having to play them......I'm failing to see the 'too late' part unless I'm just being idealistic again.

Just an observation really.

Good luck to all the mobs.

DB

Just giving you guys some motivation @Dancin Bear

But yeah...it's probably too late. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money