Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Premier 2017-2018 Results, banter and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough draw for the top quarter with fully half of the VMSL Master Premier teams and VUFC/Croatia getting drawn into the Prelim round. Looks like it should be smooth sailing to the semis for Columbus and Westside.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although losing 2-1 to MetroFord last week, we held our heads up high as we took as much as we gave that game and definitely did enough to get a result. An individual moment of magic separated the teams at Clarke spun a defender outside the box and chipped it in to the side netting.

Last night VUFC 2 -3 PCOV
Fast paced and chippy game. A lot was on the line. A win for us and we're one step closer to safety. A win for them and the roles are reversed.
We were all over them in the beginning 15 minutes of the game. Hit the post, a couple shots that just barely went wide and a nice save. We eventually got the break through goal from my long diagonal cross to our winger who first timed a shot over the keeper for the opening goal. We had a lot of possession in their end but, as PCOV learned in the second half, anywhere near the 18 yard box was a water trap. Any passes on the ground would just stop dead. They started to get possession of the game and had the upperhand in the last 20 minutes of the half. Their tying goal was from a cross, from the shadows from Gomes, that was headed home by an unmarked player. I say from the shadows because in that corner of the field the lights didn't turn on ffs.

Second half, we conceded early. We gave the ball needlessly at centre and Dormer chased the ball in to the corner flag, he then beats two defenders and slots it passed our goalie. So now the heat is on. We needed to score. They got a breakaway and our keeper made a huge save but you could tell the ball wasn't sitting properly for the PCOV player as the puddles were fierce at that point. We had a couple of breakaways called back because the ref didn't allow for advantage and he acknowledged blowing the whistle early but that's of little consolation in the game of this magnitude. The time wasting began which drove up our temperatures. Yellow cards started flying all over the place to both teams. On one play their keeper got a hold of ball that was crossed in or bouncing around; he then takes out our winger for no apparent reason. Our winger is on the deck and kicks out the keepers legs. Then the PCOV defender tries some wrestling and ground and pound on our winger. After the mess, our winger and their defender get red cards which is more than acceptable. But no yellow card for the keeper who started it all? Unbeknownst to me at the time, their keeper was already booked earlier in the game and would have seen his marching orders as well. Total bullshit but we just had to get on with it.
More yellows were dished out, their leftback crunched me from behind hitting my back and got a yellow. Moments later a kicked his leg out and received my own yellow. I'll apologize for my retaliation. I hurt my back in week 6 and my game has suffered since then so I took it personal. My bad.

We tied the game up with about 10 to go after I whipped in another cross that fell to James who then sniped it in the bottom corner.
Moments after that we got a 2 on 0 breakway. Our forward and I with only the goalie to beat. He's in a great position to score so he takes the shot and shoots it right at the keeper. Either side of the keeper is a goal. They come down the field, earn a pretension free kick. Get the ball to Gomes who takes the ball to the end line and in side the 18yards box so it's tricky to challenge him without fouling. He chips the ball to the front post where it's met with another header deep in injury time for the winner.

The game had everything you wanted in such an important game. Both teams went at it!
PCOV face EDC and West Van proper to end their season. We face Westside next week in our last game. Romania plays Metroford and are pretty much safe from the drop as they beat us on all of the tie breakers.

Time for some physio. :dead:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although losing 2-1 to MetroFord last week, we held our heads up high as we took as much as we gave that game and definitely did enough to get a result. An individual moment of magic separated the teams at Clarke spun a defender outside the box and chipped it in to the side netting.

Last night VUFC 2 -3 PCOV
Fast paced and chippy game. A lot was on the line. A win for us and we're one step closer to safety. A win for them and the roles are reversed.
We were all over them in the beginning 15 minutes of the game. Hit the post, a couple shots that just barely went wide and a nice save. We eventually got the break through goal from my long diagonal cross to our winger who first timed a shot over the keeper for the opening goal. We had a lot of possession in their end but, as PCOV learned in the second half, anywhere near the 18 yard box was a water trap. Any passes on the ground would just stop dead. They started to get possession of the game and had the upperhand in the last 20 minutes of the half. Their tying goal was from a cross, from the shadows from Gomes, that was headed home by an unmarked player. I say from the shadows because in that corner of the field the lights didn't turn on ffs.

Second half, we conceded early. We gave the ball needlessly at centre and Dormer chased the ball in to the corner flag, he then beats two defenders and slots it passed our goalie. So now the heat is on. We needed to score. They got a breakaway and our keeper made a huge save but you could tell the ball wasn't sitting properly for the PCOV player as the puddles were fierce at that point. We had a couple of breakaways called back because the ref didn't allow for advantage and he acknowledged blowing the whistle early but that's of little consolation in the game of this magnitude. The time wasting began which drove up our temperatures. Yellow cards started flying all over the place to both teams. On one play their keeper got a hold of ball that was crossed in or bouncing around; he then takes out our winger for no apparent reason. Our winger is on the deck and kicks out the keepers legs. Then the PCOV defender tries some wrestling and ground and pound on our winger. After the mess, our winger and their defender get red cards which is more than acceptable. But no yellow card for the keeper who started it all? Unbeknownst to me at the time, their keeper was already booked earlier in the game and would have seen his marching orders as well. Total bullshit but we just had to get on with it.
More yellows were dished out, their leftback crunched me from behind hitting my back and got a yellow. Moments later a kicked his leg out and received my own yellow. I'll apologize for my retaliation. I hurt my back in week 6 and my game has suffered since then so I took it personal. My bad.

We tied the game up with about 10 to go after I whipped in another cross that fell to James who then sniped it in the bottom corner.
Moments after that we got a 2 on 0 breakway. Our forward and I with only the goalie to beat. He's in a great position to score so he takes the shot and shoots it right at the keeper. Either side of the keeper is a goal. They come down the field, earn a pretension free kick. Get the ball to Gomes who takes the ball to the end line and in side the 18yards box so it's tricky to challenge him without fouling. He chips the ball to the front post where it's met with another header deep in injury time for the winner.

The game had everything you wanted in such an important game. Both teams went at it!
PCOV face EDC and West Van proper to end their season. We face Westside next week in our last game. Romania plays Metroford and are pretty much safe from the drop as they beat us on all of the tie breakers.

Time for some physio. :dead:

Sounds like you were man of the match

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania plays Metroford and are pretty much safe from the drop as they beat us on all of the tie breakers.

Should be no tiebreakers unless something has changed?

This is the VMSL, presumably if there was a tie for relegation there would be a playoff, no?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be no tiebreakers unless something has changed?

This is the VMSL, presumably if there was a tie for relegation there would be a playoff, no?

You bring up a good point. We’ll have to inquire!

Wait:
if Romania loses they’ll be on 14
If we win then we’ll be on 14
If PCOV lose and tie their last two games then they’ll be on 14.

Could be some drama left!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is almost always tiebreakers played. Also last night, Metro Ford and Columbus tied 0-0. This aft we beat EDC 3-1 out at Burnaby lake, they got a meaningless one with two minutes to go. We have beat these clowns twice now. I have never seen anything close to this team with their screaming and simulating and diving upwards into the air, barrel turning and writhing on the ground when someone gets within a couple of feet of them. And guys on the sideline running onto the field screaming for the ref to give straight reds on non-fouls. They CATed some guys from their Premier team who had played right before us, which didn't help, including their midget keeper... upload_2018-1-20_18-39-14.jpeg

Last edited:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So with the Masters A Prov Cup going to a 12 team competition with 5 spots for the VMSL; presumably it is the top 3 plus the two cup finalists (and then on down the league standings if the finalists come from the top 3)?

That would mean, baring a 4-0 close to the season for EDC and Westside/Metro Ford failing to get any further points, that West Van, Coquitlam Metro Ford and Westside are in.

Any word on how the 4 B Prov Cup spots are being allocated? I assume the two VMSL Masters B Cup finalists account for two of the spots. O45 Premier champions and one more maybe?? Or can MD1 teams get in??

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on how the 4 B Prov Cup spots are being allocated? I assume the two VMSL Masters B Cup finalists account for two of the spots. O45 Premier champions and one more maybe?? Or can MD1 teams get in??

2x B Cup Finalists + Top 2 finishers in MD1 League play.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
O35 A Prov Cup - 5 spots / 2 seeds

• O35 Premier Division Champion (seed)
  • Masters A Cup Champion (seed on April 7)
  • Masters A Cup Finalist
  • Second in O35 Premier Division (backup seed)
  • Third in O35 Premier Division
This is how the VMSL teams stack up for the BCs per Smallsy...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Less for teams to play for this week as we wind down, as the league title is clinched, and most BCs spots taken...theoretically. Huge relegation do or die games this week though at the bottom of the table.

Friday

West Van vs PCOV. PCOV has all to play for, a win gets them guaranteed safety. A tie could open up playoff scenario. West Van can afford to rest players. West Van 3 PCOV 1.

Saturday

EDC vs Croatia. This game actually does have BCs implications as these two are battling for 5th spot. Should be a it depends how heavily EDC relies on bringing guys down from their Premier team. EDC 2 Croatia 2.

West Van Flying Horses vs Metro Ford. Two teams with not too much to play for other than one for pride and revenge, and for the other to pad their stats and run up the score again. Metro Ford 4 Flying Horses 0.

Sunday

Westside vs VUFC Rangers. A must win for VUFC otherwise they are relegated. Westside with less to play for...other than a serious long shot to finish second. Westside 2 VUFC 2.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last night it was West Van 2 PCOV 2. West Van came out very complacent and very disorganized for the first 20 minutes and it cost them a 2-0 deficit. A change back to the regular set up organized things for the better and West Van got back on the front foot and got one back before half and then one at the beginning of the 2nd to salvage the unbeaten so far record. PCOV survived some intense pressure for the last hour of the game. It was good to have one of our leading scorers back after a 2 month injury recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts