Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Premier 2018-2019 Results, banter and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back at it, last night results:

Norvan 2-1 VUFC
WV 5-2 Croats
Columbus 4-0 Romania

upload_2019-1-5_7-19-58.png

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top three qualify for the BCs. The other two are the Cup finalists, with all the countback provisions. But 5 total from VMSL. 12 team BC tournament which is stupid. There is a good chance that the current BC champs (EDC) will not qualify. Looks like VUFC and likely Croatia are going to have to rely on Div 1 teams not wanting to come up to stay in this tier.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know. Still pissed off.

In other fixtures last night, Columbus rolled over Croatia 4-1 and Norvan throttled Romania by the same 4-1 score. This aft, Rangers visit EDC Chile in a match where both teams, especially the visitors, will be desperate for points. Tomorrow, it is Westside against Metro Ford in the latest edition of this classic.

Last edited:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good race for the championship this year. Both Metroford and Columbus play WestVan and Chinter so the road to the top goes through one of those teams. Metroford with the advantage with the game in hand. VUFC is done and Croatia has an outside chance of catching 8th.

There's also a good race in div.1...who will step up??? Green Devils out of nowhere this year and Rino's steadily climbing. If the season is 21 games then mathematically every team except for the Unicorns has a chance still. That's pretty good competition within the division imo.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What place is the Croatia Div 1 team in...? I saw them at Trillium a few weeks ago and they looked pretty good. Speaking of Trillium, we've had two games there recently and the changerooms if open (half the time they are locked, are small and there are two for four teams) are occupied by these dirty filthy stinky guys rinsing their asses in the sinks, stealing all the toilet paper, crapping everywhere, injecting drugs, smoking roll your owns and throwing their butts and shite on the floor, and storing all of their crap in the johns.

And then of course there are all of the local homeless people.

Last edited:

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia-Romania 2-2. Croatia brought all their big guns to get full 3 points and had majority possession but Romania was very lethal on the counter attacks. Croatia took the lead twice but could't hold it. The ball hit the post many times. 3 for Croatia and 1 for Romania.

Btw last weeks 4-1 Norvan win over Romania, Romania had 9 guys out.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's like 4 ttp members who frequent the masters thread. Lets go confuse the rest of the lurkers with another thread! Old people don't understand tekmology. :p

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
North shore result West Van 3 Norvan 1. West Van went up 3-0 but gave up a goal on a howler after a 40 yard pass back to the keeper with a few minutes to go. The second leg of this one goes next Friday.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only one person seems confused.
@Rangerforever ? haha

MetroFord needs only 1 point in their remaining 2 games to be crowned champions.

In div.1 action, Rinos are at the top after seeing off the Horsies 4-2.
The Green Devils and Shaheen didn't do each other any favours by tying 1-1.
Rinos in pole position now with a couple games to go.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Rangerforever ? haha

MetroFord needs only 1 point in their remaining 2 games to be crowned champions.

In div.1 action, Rinos are at the top after seeing off the Horsies 4-2.
The Green Devils and Shaheen didn't do each other any favours by tying 1-1.
Rinos in pole position now with a couple games to go.

MF need 3 points if Columbus win out.

Any talk of whether 2 teams are coming up next year from Div 1? Seems like a pretty hotly contested division this year. Great to see.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF need 3 points if Columbus win out.

Any talk of whether 2 teams are coming up next year from Div 1? Seems like a pretty hotly contested division this year. Great to see.

Whoops. You're right, MF will need 3pts. Asians are supposed to be good at math. Lol

@dezza, do you know how many teams are supposed to be coming up?

For me, I like a 10 team prem. I think the 1st placed div1 team should get automatic promotion. Second place div1 team should play VUFC in a playoff for the other spot. Just my opinion.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoops. You're right, MF will need 3pts. Asians are supposed to be good at math. Lol

@dezza, do you know how many teams are supposed to be coming up?

https://vmslsoccer.com/Rules

15.3 There will be 3 Over 35 Divisions: Premier Division, Division 1, Division 2, and 2 Over 45s Divisions, Premier Division and Division 1. The following promotion/relegation system will be in effect for both Over 35 Divisions and Over 45 Divisions: the two bottom teams from the Premier Division will be relegated to Division 1, while the two top teams from Division 1 will be promoted to the Premier Division. In Over 35 Divisions, the two bottom teams from Division 1 will be relegated to Division 2 and the two top teams from Division 2 will be promoted to Division 1.

For me, I like a 10 team prem. I think the 1st placed div1 team should get automatic promotion. Second place div1 team should play VUFC in a playoff for the other spot. Just my opinion.

I think you are disgracing your race again with your math skills. Your proposal makes 11 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0