Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again lots of goals so far this weekend:

Columbus 5 Croatia 5
PCOV 2 VUFC 1
West Van 5 Romanians 2

Scores consistent with the rankings more or less so far.

Metro Ford/Westside still to come.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, looks to have been a barn burner in the Columbus vs Croatia game!

PCOV 2 -1 VUFC
It seems for us that if we don't play at our very best every week then the results will not go our way. Some more experienced teams here can have a shite game and still walk away with 3pts. Not us though.

Th first half was scoreless with both sides having a couple of chances. Their most notable chance came when their big man was played in but took too long to shoot and was subsequently dealt with by our centre backs. Our chance came when I stole the ball at around the 18 and then played it in to our forwards but they didn't get a shot off which has been a theme so far this year. Scoreless at the break which seemed to be fair.

They came out a lot harder to start the second half and almost scored right away when their forward was again put through on goal only for our goalie to rob him. The pressure was mounting. A few plays later our right back was dipossessed and a low cross from the left was nicely converted by my old City FC teammate to go up 1-0 for them.

We had to play off the counter and and on this particular play our midfielder was sprung through on goal only to be hacked down at the top of the box. Clear foul and a possible red...but no call was made. The ref explaining he wanted to keep the game even numbers on the pitch.
The toughest part so far this season has been the reffing. We knew the teams would be much better than div.1 but the bias from the refs is quite baffling.
Even in our game vs West Van, at 2-0 for us...MD should have been sent off for a second yellow. Ref goes to pull out the card but then puts it away after the west Van players circle him and give him some heat. (Yes, waiting for @Sir M to call us a bunch of whiners)

Anyways, our scoring chances were few and far in between and we didn't trouble their keeper much. on their second goal, our D tried passing their way out of the back only for the ball to get intercepted. A blast from about 12 yards rings off the crossbar and the rebound is put away on a opportunistic sliding shot.

We scored a consolation goal with a nice finish on the left hand side of the six yard box with a hint of handball that Thierry Henry would be proud of.

Not enough time to get the equalizer, if only we had 45 more minutes. Haha

We got 8 points from the first round of fixtures. If we get anywhere near that again...I'd call that a win for us.

On to the home of the western champs next week.

Also, these are just my thoughts and I do not speak for my team. Cheers

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems for us that if we don't play at our very best every week then the results will not go our way.

Some more experienced teams here can have a shite game and still walk away with 3pts. Not us though.

We had to play off the counter and and on this particular play our midfielder was sprung through on goal only to be hacked down at the top of the box.

Clear foul and a possible red...but no call was made.

The toughest part so far this season has been the reffing.

the bias from the refs is quite baffling.

Even in our game vs West Van, at 2-0 for us...MD should have been sent off for a second yellow.

Cheers

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full slate of games last night. With the top teams starting to pull away from the pack now.

Metroford 5 - 0 VUFC
Once again the ref fcuked us over in this game. We were all over them and should have been up but the ref missed 2 clear pk calls. @Sir M , happy copy and pasting. Haha

The above was just to mess with @Sir M. :D

For real, the ref was excellent. Metroford were quality. And although we were on the wrong side of a lopsided victory, we were quite satisfied with our play.

First goal was from a corner. Our keeper got his hands on it but only managed to punch it straight to an opposing player for a tap in.
Second goal, a miss hit ball from out the back goes straight to Ollie who chips it in the open net.
Third goal TK also chips one in from about 25 yards, reminded me of his winner at nations a few years back.
4th, off a corner the ball was deflected into the path of my mark who somehow blasted it in through so many players legs.
5th, first time shot from Ollie at the 18 goes top cheddar.

We had a few chances to score too. Which made it an open and fun game to play.

Can these guys be stopped this season?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I chatted with Mr Heald last night, yes he talked about the game and his goals and he did say you guys played very well, best team to come up to Premier in a long time. Probably should have had a few goals yourselves but didn't finish the chances. He was still in awe of a pass he received from TK on a scoring chance! ;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I chatted with Mr Heald last night, yes he talked about the game and his goals and he did say you guys played very well, best team to come up to Premier in a long time. Probably should have had a few goals yourselves but didn't finish the chances. He was still in awe of a pass he received from TK on a scoring chance! ;)
Ollie just doesn't miss and TK is tough to mark. That's a deep team. We are so hooped with injuries this year having lost two key guys in the first 30 mins of the season to broken bones and it hasn't stopped. No excuses as all the teams have guys missing week to week but for us, who are in tough every week to try to get results, can't have all these injuries if we want to stay up. Especially for an ethnic team!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 3-2 Croatia. Croatia was up 2-0 in the first 10 min on two breakaways and nicely finished. We fought back and scored 3 unanswered to take the lead. Croatia had looked to tie it up in injury time but the ref called the play offside. The end.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In other games, Columbus beat VUFC, Westside and Romania tied.

Metro Ford with a bye this weekend.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2 - 1 VUFC

We gifted Columbus their first, as we do, and Earnshaw ran around a lot and potted their second. We pressed hard for the last 30 and got one back but couldn't convert on numerous chances in tight. Poor finishing.

Sure is handy having a 35 year old Earnshaw in your masters squad. Super quick and skilled.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I see that this coming Friday the VUFC v Romania game has seven minutes to be played before the game to finish off the Oct 21 game which ended early re lights. In that one Romania was up 1-0 at that point.

My guess is all three points are still up for grabs in that one and the points are yet to be awarded?

In any event, this Fridays game(s) between the bottom two teams are shaping up as huge re getting out of relegation territory...six full points up for grabs between these two on Friday.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Sir M I just checked the standings and up until today Romania had been awarded the 3 points from the previous incomplete game. Those points have now been taken away. Pretty important Friday coming up coupled with our annual Xmas dinner at the field should make for good times. 3 turkeys this year I'm hearing; 3 tents complete w xmas lights; 2 fire pits; 1 dart board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0