Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania 2 - 1 VUFC
An unfortunate give away in our defensive third led to a fine winning goal with just 30seconds remaining in extra time. Gutted.

Also, Romania holds on to win 1-0 to finish the last 7mins of our first game.

It's a dog fight now at the bottom.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania 2 - 1 VUFC
An unfortunate give away in our defensive third led to a fine winning goal with just 30seconds remaining in extra time. Gutted.

Also, Romania holds on to win 1-0 to finish the last 7mins of our first game.

It's a dog fight now at the bottom.
Romania wins it completely against the run of play as we were all over them searching for a winner for the last 30 minutes of the game. Gutted. That point would have been huge for us. Well done to them as the winning shot was clinical.

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to the lads at West Van that night. Our team has been in that position 4 or 5 times in the last couple years. No intent with a couple late ones. Petar Sules needed to fill the family quota. Side note: Bloody hell Jinky still that guy. Wonderful playing against him (no homo).Jinky, num 14, after your comment has entered offside detox. 15 offsides in a half has to be record.

Todays match was quite nice. Good masters play. we were fortunate to get the result off of a deflected goal as Mike Franks was on point.

Well, that is that. Hope all the TTPers are well.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats a record...
It is. I'll expand...PCOV created several good chances and just didn't have the finish on the night. We converted on our chances in the first half to go into the break up 2-0. PCOV all over us first 15 mins of second half and then we pushed back. Missed 3 second half breakaways and PCOV with some more good chances but couldn't convert. Haji, aka Paddington Bear, in the middle and actually had himself a good night...not too noticeable.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Given that a couple Div.1 sides have had a few positive results in cup play(Norvan and Horses with a respectable performance) and a tight battle at the top of the div.1 table...would it be beneficial to expand Prem to 10 teams some day soon? Or is it good the way it is?What do you guys think?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't even think of that. So if the standings ended today, then the 3rd place team in Div.1 would earn promotion because of the team affiliation rule. Interesting.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being this my first year playing masters, from the outside looking in I thought the reason to go to eight teams was due to the lack of competitive teams at the premier level. @bandcamp , is the team affiliation rule the reason VUFC(westside)didn't take promotion a couple seasons back?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being this my first year playing masters, from the outside looking in I thought the reason to go to eight teams was due to the lack of competitive teams at the premier level. @bandcamp , is the team affiliation rule the reason VUFC(westside)didn't take promotion a couple seasons back?
No, the first time we won div 1 (and we were technically VUFC and not Westside that year) the team didn't feel it was ready to make the jump. We won it again the next year and kind of had to go, although we lost several of the original core in the move which is too bad.

As for should prem go back to 10 teams...I'd have to say no at this point. The top 6's quality is a gap better than VUFC and Romania. They are all established clubs which actually have the ability to improve their squads as the season goes on, especially closer to BC's (look at Westside every year). Romania and VUFC do not have this ability...nor would the clubs that come up from div 1. Even though we've gotten some good wins this year vs Westside, West Van, PCOV and Croatia the quality in those teams (and territorial play/possession) is deep. Going to 10 teams would mean you have 4 teams like us and Romania and 6 of the big clubs.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, the first time we won div 1 (and we were technically VUFC and not Westside that year) the team didn't feel it was ready to make the jump.

So all of the ribbing the team got that year for not making the jump was justified then. Noted. Haha. Jk.

We're doing alright this year. Couple of wins, couple of close games and a couple of blow outs. Probably to be expected.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1 - 0 VUFC

Of note:
A direct ball over the top has me stretched out to control the ball in the air. As the ball comes to the ground, which felt like forever, I shoot it with my left but the keeper comes out real quick and thwarts my effort with his legs. A few minutes later, Tarek gets the ball around 25' out, beats a couple defenders and gets enough room to shoot a knuckler from the 18 which our goalie could only parry into the bottom corner of our goal. Few quality chances after that.
Both teams down to 10 men around the 65th minute mark. Double yellows for both players.

Three huge games to end the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts