Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, the first time we won div 1 (and we were technically VUFC and not Westside that year) the team didn't feel it was ready to make the jump. We won it again the next year and kind of had to go, although we lost several of the original core in the move which is too bad.

As for should prem go back to 10 teams...I'd have to say no at this point. The top 6's quality is a gap better than VUFC and Romania. They are all established clubs which actually have the ability to improve their squads as the season goes on, especially closer to BC's (look at Westside every year). Romania and VUFC do not have this ability...nor would the clubs that come up from div 1. Even though we've gotten some good wins this year vs Westside, West Van, PCOV and Croatia the quality in those teams (and territorial play/possession) is deep. Going to 10 teams would mean you have 4 teams like us and Romania and 6 of the big clubs.

I'm not sure this is completely accurate, at least from Westside's Masters' perspective. We haven't added to our squad at all....in fact, we have been pretty much the same 12 or so lads since the beginning of the season. It's a long season.....I would say that it is more our mentality than anything else.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure this is completely accurate, at least from Westside's Masters' perspective. We haven't added to our squad at all....in fact, we have been pretty much the same 12 or so lads since the beginning of the season. It's a long season.....I would say that it is more our mentality than anything else.
Maybe this year has just been you 12 but I'm not talking about just this year...and not just Westside. And we're also not at BC's yet. Historically you've pulled a couple players into the team late in the year no? Or had guys on the roster who didn't play much through the season but were there when the games got important.

See your 12 guys Friday...

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe this year has just been you 12 but I'm not talking about just this year...and not just Westside. And we're also not at BC's yet. Historically you've pulled a couple players into the team late in the year no? Or had guys on the roster who didn't play much through the season but were there when the games got important.

See your 12 guys Friday...
In Open Premier, yes......not in Masters.....not ever since I've been here anyway. See you lads up in Siberia Friday :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scores from tonight it looks like West Van defeated Metro Ford out in Coquitlam 4-2, Croats beat Romanians 3-2 and PCOV knocked off Columbus 3-1. The Croatia win helps out VUFC causes re relegation but dont know the score of their game vs West side yet...the crazy scheduling/cup congflict are probably playing a role in these scores, I think PCOV is forfeiting to Metro Ford coming up (as did Westside previously) so they wont be catch-able by anyone...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 1 - 1 Westside
We just about stole all 3 points as my strike partner got thru on goal and hit the ball just a fraction wide with only the keeper to beat! Basically the last play of the game. A nice hard fought game by both teams.

Alan

Nov 23, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scores from tonight it looks like West Van defeated Metro Ford out in Coquitlam 4-2, Croats beat Romanians 3-2 and PCOV knocked off Columbus 3-1. The Croatia win helps out VUFC causes re relegation but dont know the score of their game vs West side yet...the crazy scheduling/cup congflict are probably playing a role in these scores, I think PCOV is forfeiting to Metro Ford coming up (as did Westside previously) so they wont be catch-able by anyone...
Were they catchable before the loss tonight?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 1 - 1 Westside

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dancin Bear threw all his toys from the pram.
Christ yes, I did. VUFCLMNOP doing what they do. Breaking the play up with some 'I got there as quickly as I could' slide tackles. Fair play to your mob @bandcamp. You do what you can. I have a problem with some of your dangerous, late shite. Your team is reckless and given that your 'we can compete' first season is all but over, I'd love to think that you'd have some more common sense.

More's the pity......

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to be fair: you jumped on the back of one of our players and did a full body wrap, a foul was called on you (how you didn't get a yellow is comical), and then you moaned for 5 mins about the elbow you took in the mouth? And every time you feel any contact you make sure to lose your legs and hit the deck.

If you kept your feet a bit and didn't cry all game it would be easier on the ears. Even one your guys was joking that you were 85 mins without a smoke so you're just cranky :).

It's just your 'air' of "we're class and your shite" that doesn't look good on you. Season series: a win, a loss and a draw for each. Westside's a good team that competes.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, it is actually quite interesting how different people interpret the same set of events so differently. Luckily, there was some actual footage of bandcamp in the stripes approaching DB and then DB's reaction

Also if you look closely you can see Walks in red in the background tryig to keep things moving

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to be fair: you jumped on the back of one of our players and did a full body wrap, a foul was called on you (how you didn't get a yellow is comical), and then you moaned for 5 mins about the elbow you took in the mouth? And every time you feel any contact you make sure to lose your legs and hit the deck.

If you kept your feet a bit and didn't cry all game it would be easier on the ears. Even one your guys was joking that you were 85 mins without a smoke so you're just cranky :).

It's just your 'air' of "we're class and your shite" that doesn't look good on you. Season series: a win, a loss and a draw for each. Westside's a good team that competes.

Here's the thing mate; I did foul your big lad and had no bother with that. I had a word about the flailing elbow that cut me. Not sure ere was any need for that but hey, that was my interpretation.
Whats actually comical is that you think that warranted a yellow....in the middle of the park. Seriously? A yellow?

Further, my post was due to a lot of our boys that took some serious abuse from your mob. That's ok but sooner or later someone has to have a word with the ref or one of your lot.
I go down with any contact? I'm not even going to grace that with a response but I will say this 'air' that you say I have when it comes to your lot stems from your team page's comments last year saying you were this and you were that. Don't get me wrong, you're not an easy team to play against but if your record against us makes you sleep better and forget where you are in the standings, I'm happier to say that I don't play with you.
I will also say that your team is the only team in the league that doesn't have a moan at the ref wanting a yellow every time one of your lads gets tackled. You're like mutes. Never saying a thing and getting on with it. I feel it necessary to point out that I'm being facetious here.
Lastly, I don't play to look good on anyone. It's about winning and trophies and I will just do my part in trying to accomplish that.
Thanks for the compliment mate. We do try and compete. Good luck the rest of the way.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't care whether and which fouls are cards or not. It wasn't called a yellow so there it is. Onwards. Ref was good last night I thought. It's just the constant moaning from #10. Every team has their moments w the officials but mostly sporadic...we're no different.

As for your last paragraph, you've made up some pretty big assumptions about us so that's on you. Whatever you like.

I feel I've been pretty consistent and realistic about our team. We've split the season series with Westside, West Van and PCOV. Struggled against the others for results. Trying to compete in our first year up. I think we compete most weekends but don't always get the result....plenty of close games. You do seem bent on reminding us of the class difference...again, that's your thing and if that is what drives you like you said: I'm happy to not be on your team. Westside is a good team w plenty of quality players who have played at a good level.

And just on your notion that we are dirty and dangerous: this is the first we've heard of this. Pretty sure that's not our rep at all. Physical league but we play dirty? Have to disagree. And you lose your legs. I know you know this. You don't have to admit to it. Why would you really. It's obvious when players do it. The pros are excellent at it...get position, take contact, stop running, fall, get call. Kudos to you for the strategy but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't care whether and which fouls are cards or not. It wasn't called a yellow so there it is. Onwards. Ref was good last night I thought. It's just the constant moaning from #10. Every team has their moments w the officials but mostly sporadic...we're no different.

As for your last paragraph, you've made up some pretty big assumptions about us so that's on you. Whatever you like.

I feel I've been pretty consistent and realistic about our team. We've split the season series with Westside, West Van and PCOV. Struggled against the others for results. Trying to compete in our first year up. I think we compete most weekends but don't always get the result....plenty of close games. You do seem bent on reminding us of the class difference...again, that's your thing and if that is what drives you like you said: I'm happy to not be on your team. Westside is a good team w plenty of quality players who have played at a good level.

And just on your notion that we are dirty and dangerous: this is the first we've heard of this. Pretty sure that's not our rep at all. Physical league but we play dirty? Have to disagree. And you lose your legs. I know you know this. You don't have to admit to it. Why would you really. It's obvious when players do it. The pros are excellent at it...get position, take contact, stop running, fall, get call. Kudos to you for the strategy but it doesn't mean I have to like it.
Fcukmedead. Ok, I never said you were dirty and dangerous. You are reckless. Intentionally or not.
You made the point that it was 'comical' I didn't receive a yellow. I merely pointed out that I thought hat was indeed comical.

You also made the assumption that when I speak or how I play is a direct attacking on your team. It's not. Frankly mate, I could care less. You're just another game. Another team. So get the fcuk over yourself.
I'm concerned with our team. Not our record against any team. It's the bigger picture for me. So maybe that's sets us apart.
It is and has always been about winning shite. Sometimes it works out for us. Sometimes it doesn't. I can assure you though it's not about me reminding you about some class difference you have set in your mind. It's irrelevant.

And fcukmedead lastly; you don't know me. I don't know you. Don't assume you know what I'm thinking at any given time in a game. And certainly don't think you know enough of me to think that I wait for contact to hit the bricks.
Your passive aggressive shite is nauseating mate.

Your team can be reckless. You're a tough team to play against. See how that works? You also must be the youngest team in the league. Good job. See you next year.

Off to nurse my apparent ego now.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair play to your mob @bandcamp. You do what you can
This is the 'air'. We're just doing what we can...
I never said you were dirty and dangerous
I have a problem with some of your dangerous, late shite
Semantics?
Your team is reckless
To label us reckless in this league where reckless challenges happen ALL the time is just sour grapes. There were reckless challenges from both teams Friday and the ref handed out cards for them. It actually wasn't a physical game at all which is why I posted in the first place...because of your moaning to the ref and to our players during the game. Imagine if it was physical...we'd all be in for ear surgery.
your 'we can compete' first season is all but over
See how you are?
sooner or later someone has to have a word with the ref or one of your lot.
I think it was Friday. And it was you. For 90...
You also made the assumption that when I speak or how I play is a direct attacking on your team
I did not. I made the comment that you speak ALL the time.
It's the bigger picture for me. So maybe that's sets us apart
You see how...oh never mind

So, best of luck to Westside the rest of the way and in BC's. Good group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0