Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decent game last night between VUFC and Coq. 1-0 at half for Rangers, probably should have been more but keeping with the theme this season we couldn't finish 2 golden opportunities. Coq had a couple of decent chances as well, but nothing quite as good as the chances we duffed. Our keeper made one great kick save early in the half. 2nd half started with Coq on the front foot. Finished a chance in about the 55th min after a good build up. About 2 mins later our left defender had is back turned to play and a cross hit his arm and bounced out. PK. Game was back and forth til about the 75th minute when the big boy in the back went down for Coq and he left the match and they were down to 10. We pressed hard and were threatening for the last 10. Scored off a corner in the 88th minute and right at 90th minute ref blew whistle.

If we are relegated and teams in div 1 want to come up, it was a good, albeit frustrating season for our crew. From first game we seemed to not be able to finish our chances despite grade A chances. Goals that came so easily the previous few years seemed to never materialize. Oh well a better strike here or there would have made the difference.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see you guys going down especially when we only have 8 teams. We can use 2 more teams in our division.

Decent game last night between VUFC and Coq. 1-0 at half for Rangers, probably should have been more but keeping with the theme this season we couldn't finish 2 golden opportunities. Coq had a couple of decent chances as well, but nothing quite as good as the chances we duffed. Our keeper made one great kick save early in the half. 2nd half started with Coq on the front foot. Finished a chance in about the 55th min after a good build up. About 2 mins later our left defender had is back turned to play and a cross hit his arm and bounced out. PK. Game was back and forth til about the 75th minute when the big boy in the back went down for Coq and he left the match and they were down to 10. We pressed hard and were threatening for the last 10. Scored off a corner in the 88th minute and right at 90th minute ref blew whistle.

If we are relegated and teams in div 1 want to come up, it was a good, albeit frustrating season for our crew. From first game we seemed to not be able to finish our chances despite grade A chances. Goals that came so easily the previous few years seemed to never materialize. Oh well a better strike here or there would have made the difference.[/QUOTE

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see you guys going down especially when we only have 8 teams. We can use 2 more teams in our division.
Here's hoping. Moving up a level, goals were always going to be harder to find. For the most part I think we competed fairly well this year. Our downfall was clearly taking 0 of 9 points vs Romania. That's on us.

And @hard ballz : that's brutal about last night. Sounds like you have his number. Last year one of Harps drunk supporters started in about my mom, out of nowhere, and I'm still waiting to hand out the 2 foot flying Cantona. It will happen

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda or someone in the FVSL, do you guys have a relegation/promotion system between say Masters Premier and Masters Div 1 in the FVSL? Or do teams stay up, or do they make a division bigger or...?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely promotion.
SSFC went up last year into Premier.

But relegation I believe is reconsidered due to making the divisions proper 'fits' as you're alluding to here with VUFC.
Masters Premier has 8 teams and Masters 1 only 7.
So both divisions could probably use a couple more competitive teams.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think any difference in positions between Metro League and FVSL on not being demoted when finishing in last place might be summed up as follows:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard Ballz, sorry to hear that kind of bullshit is still found here. Glad to hear that you are still the better man.

For you old timers, I ran into @SCK and his partner in crime Jamie Gurniak on Saturday night at Federico's. SCK asked to say hello to all he has kicked and been kicked by here, and no, he's not coming out of retirement.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 4-1 Westside in the final game of the season. On to the Provincial draws tomorrow night. Good luck to everyone involved.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'd love to stay up so will see what happens. If they go to 10 teams then they'd have to bring up 3 from Div 1...or keep us up and bring up 2. Not sure how EDC would get a spot without going through the regular process?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If EDC have a team that can compete in Master Premier it's hard to fault the league for gifting them a spot when the division only has 8 teams at present.

I remember when Croatia first put a team in Master Div 2 with Sulentic, Craveiro, Didar, etc.

It was a joke. They were winning every game by double-digit scores, until a mid-season deal to takeover a spot from 22nd Ave Lions who were keen to move to O45.

Gifting a spot in the open divisions however would not be looked kindly upon.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If EDC have a team that can compete in Master Premier it's hard to fault the league for gifting them a spot when the division only has 8 teams at present.

I remember when Croatia first put a team in Master Div 2 with Sulentic, Craveiro, Didar, etc.

It was a joke. They were winning every game by double-digit scores, until a mid-season deal to takeover a spot from 22nd Ave Lions who were keen to move to O45.

Gifting a spot in the open divisions however would not be looked kindly upon.
I agree with this. No point killing everyone for a season. A competitive premier division is what everyone wants

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
19029704_10154527802657377_8931856757632178192_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens