Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Off-season 2018

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Registration closed last week I believe so the teams have been posted for the upcoming season: https://vmslsoccer.com/webapps/spappz_live/team_pages (make sure the year at the top of the page is selected as 2018-19)

A few questions, the biggest being does anybody know what is going on with Romania? Presumably they are just tardy on getting their registration money in to the league, but they are listed as ON HOLD in Div 1 as well as in Masters Prem and O45.

Running through the Divisions:

Premier nothing to report other than the previously announced merger between Chile and Inter. Guildford and NorVan up from Div. 1.

Div. 1 has a few question marks, mostly centred around the aforementioned Romania situation, however, last placed GN North Delta are still listed under Div 1. which gives the Division 13 teams at the moment. Presumably this is just a clerical error? Perhaps they are not returning to the league altogether and have just been left on by accident? Surely if Romania were to not return the spot would go to Metropolitan (per league rules based on 2.27 PPG vs. 13th Legions 2.25) and not GN North Delta?? Other than that, Westside and EDC Inter down from Prem and CMF Lupi and Greencaps up from Div. 2.

Div. 2 has a few changes. Richmond Olympics, who narrowly missed out on promotion from Div. 3, have taken over the relegated Richmond Royals spot, coming down from Div. 1. BCT Punjab Tigers are now "Hurricane" Tigers, perhaps more closely align with the Premier BCT side for CATing purposes. Sarajevo have jumped in with NorVan, perhaps looking for a more solid player base after they had to pull off a bit of an escape act down the stretch and it looks like Sierra FC from the BMSL have teamed up with Westside, merging with the Black Aces side that won promotion from Div. 3. The other promoted sides are West Coast Saints, Greencaps B and Strathcona who earned the bonus spot vacated by Sea to Sky FC.

Again in Div. 2 there seems to be a technical glitch at Bosna SC are still listed in Division 2. One assumes that spot actually belongs to the relegated GN North Delta who are still listed under Div 1. Also Snipers are listed as ON HOLD and, after limping to the finish line, you wonder if perhaps they are mulling whether or not they can field a side. Once more, should they opt out, you would assume one of GFC or West Coast Celts, from Div. 3, would get the spot.

Lots of turnover, as usual, in Div. 3. Relegated from Div. 2 are Euro FC, Royal City SC and, presumably, Bosna. Beyond that, seemingly not returning are America, VanCity Snipers, PCOV Europa, Akal, Ex Patriots, Richmond Olympics, FC Ui, North Delta United, Cosmos FC and Ante-Up Utd. Not much surprise with Europa, Snipers and Akal as they all forfeited games last season (Akal folding at the halfway point) and struggled to field a side regularly. As mentioned, Olympics have found a way into Div. 2 and it appears Ante-Up are off to O35. America still has a team in the Multicultural League this summer, so it stand to reason that they are seeking greener pastures in maybe the BMSL or FVSL. So too with Ex Patriots who look to have cropped up in the RASA summer league and might be planning on playing there for the winter as well. One assume North Delta would be playing in the FVSL and FC Ui and Cosmos have likely just pulled the plug.

Coming in to replace them are CMF Jr. Wolves, the U21 Champions (watch out for them as promotion contenders) as well as another new CMF team, "United". Another BCT team in Apna Tigers, who I believe are coming under the BCT banner from the FVSL, as well as a new side called Kurds United. Overall though the Division has shrunk from 33 teams to 25 so it will be interesting to see how the league structures the groups.

Also shrinking is the U21 Division; down from 10 teams to 6. Champions CMF are off to Division 3 and EDC Inter are rolling much of this EDC side into their Div. 1 spot. Also gone are GN Sporting, Metro Athletic, Sarajevo and PoCo. Coming in are yet another team from the rapidly expanding BCT club, this one simply just "Tigers FC", and Guildford FC are returning to the Division.

At Masters it looks to be mostly status quo, the only question mark is the "ON HOLD" Romania in Masters Prem. Other than that, NorVan are up to Prem, Flying Horses down to Div. 1. FC Serbia up to Div. 1, North Coquitlam (now under the CMF banner) down to Div. 2. Falconetti's have finally called time on their stint in the VMSL, hard to believe they spent a season in Masters Prem, but Ante-Up are over from Open Div. 3 and FC Nikola Tesla have come in from the RASA to round out an 8 team Masters Div. 2.

Similar story in O45; Pacific 96ers and Rino's Bulldogs are up to Prem with FC Serbia and 22 Ave Lions going down. The Lions have now merged with Columbus and will play under them next season, though that spot is one of a few listed as ON HOLD along with Arya O45 Div. 1 and Romania in O45 Prem. A couple of new side at this level with Nikola Tesla having a "B" group as well as Croatia Stallions.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours wise I heard that potentially both Milads could be playing for CCB this season. I am told Rahmati is not being welcomed back at Inter after his incident at the Imperial Cup semis and will return to CCB, where he played a few years ago, once his suspension is over in October. I am also hearing rumors that Milad Mehrabi might follow him there as part of the Inter/Chile overhaul.

Any other rumours making the rounds out there?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snipers had a team in knight league "premier" this summer that folded after just a few games...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look again, he's suspended for the whole season AKA 22 games.

Interesting; obviously the VMSL did decide they had the authority to apply a suspension league wide. Certainly my last discussion with sources there seemed to indicate that the league wanted to do something, but was not sure what their constitution provided in terms of authority. I think they were hoping that the BC Soccer sanctions would absolve them of any major decision making, but it did not, so well done to them for bringing down the hammer.

Certainly that messes up CCB's plans. I wonder if Milad will crop up anywhere else come the winter given that his BC Soccer suspension would allow him to play in the FVSL/BMSL/VISL/RASA after October 17. He is getting older so perhaps he will just hang them up.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting; obviously the VMSL did decide they had the authority to apply a suspension league wide. Certainly my last discussion with sources there seemed to indicate that the league wanted to do something, but was not sure what their constitution provided in terms of authority. I think they were hoping that the BC Soccer sanctions would absolve them of any major decision making, but it did not, so well done to them for bringing down the hammer.

Certainly that messes up CCB's plans. I wonder if Milad will crop up anywhere else come the winter given that his BC Soccer suspension would allow him to play in the FVSL/BMSL/VISL/RASA after October 17. He is getting older so perhaps he will just hang them up.

The big Question is will Thomas Mills allow
Milad to register in his league
He is not allowed in RRSL summer not sure this will cover RASA as there is a connection
I think one more incident he will bannned by all leagues

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is not allowed in RRSL summer not sure this will cover RASA as there is a connection
I think one more incident he will bannned by all leagues

This is an interesting question. Milad is "crazy", yes, but there is no denying his skill, though he is getting older. Not sure his connections in the FVSL (or any other league for that matter), certainly it would have to be a fit for Milad from a personal stand point before it ever got to the stage where he was potentially signing for a team in another league. If he did find a fit and wanted to play come October, would other leagues allow it given his history and year long sentence from the VMSL? It could be tough to say no to given that he might just be the kind of piece that could put a Coastal or a Langley over the top. It will be interesting to watch...

Further to the rumor mill; I hear the purse string have been opened and offers made to Langley striker and Provincial Cup Final stand-out Elie-William Gindo as well as Aldergrove's Connor Hildebrandt who, despite having a bit of a down year, is only a season removed from leading Aldy to the Provincial Final and suiting up for TSS Rovers. I am told it is Rino's and Rovers who are trying to lure the pair to the VMSL, while CCB are looking to, allegedly, splash the cash out to rival Rino's for their clutch of SFU talent.

Back to divisional alignment and, a week on, someone has tidied up Romania's bills, plus the gremlins have been worked out on the VMSL website, so the divisions are all set at the top. Snipers in Div. 2 look to remain a question mark, but, beyond that, we should be all set other than new teams joining the league at the lower divisions. Speaking of which Cosmos have, in fact, resurfaced in Div 3. along with a new side listed as Formwerks Boutique FC which would bring the number of teams in Div 3 to 28. I am sure the league is hoping to get to at least 30, especially given how teams at that level have developed a reputation for not seeing out the season. Also, Falconetti's Eastside have not folded in the end and have now re-upped in O35 Div. 2.

Off topic, but I did hear rumblings of a potential divisional restructuring in the FVSL. Not sure if it ended up happening or not.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

The big question is not if he would be allowed in FVSL, the big question is who can afford him. Not a lot of teams can afford to fork out 24-36k/yr unless your are Rinos or CCB, just saying.....

The guy does not deserve to play in B.C, he is like a ticking time bomb. If I was in charge of a team I would not want him to be on my team, he is a liability. Yes, he is a good player but the moment something isn't going his way he will have a cancerous attitude that will spread to other players.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will politely pass on any opportunity of signing a top player if he doesn’t fit in our room and or culture. Don’t care how good they are.

Everyone pays their league fees at Coastal FC.
We are a team and everyone needs to “buy in” for us to be successful. Different strategy then lots of top teams around. To each their own.

But paying thousands to players to essentially win zero money is super strange to me.

I might lose a player or two to the money teams, but we simply can’t enter that arena. Or care not to. Players are getting ridiculous money offers, and it’s tough to compete with. I like it for young players to get paid. But it does make it tough for honest clubs to retain top players.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone have a practice field to share? i know wrong post but i dont know how to create a new one.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know when they will be releasing the fixture's list?
A week before the season starts...maybe...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. I dont think they've even drawn the groups for the lower divisions yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0