Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of curiosity, are Pacific ever going to play their make up games? I feel like their Coquitlam game has been on the schedule every week since the New Year and every week it mysteriously vanishes only to appear on the next week's schedule...

In other news...how many postponements this weekend? And how long could fields potentially be closed if this weather actually materializes?

upload_2017-2-1_9-0-49.png

Here's hoping it misses us...

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
My friend. If we meet Coquitlam, I know that the boys will beat them. As for on going learning, yes my friend, this is the beauty of the game. Every day you keep learning something and actually loving the game more. Losing or winning; at the end is a very nice experience. I guessed you will have to come and see how Campo players bring down the suburban Coquitlam boys.

I think the score last night says alot about the team you are coaching and where you sit in the 1st Division , stay thirsty my friend, that coquitlam team has a very deep and talented bench not to mention the starting 11 that are on the field. Your defensive line looked very tired and slow on Wednesday night , Please keep us posted if that Coquitlam team has any interest in playing your team.Good Luck this weekend ,after all it is the least i can do .

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of quick hitter predictions ahead of a cup diminished Premier schedule this weekend:

West Van v Croatia
A bit of a stumble lately for West Van who lost both their fixtures between snow dumps by identical 3-0 score lines. Those results have seen them drop out of the top 4 for the first time in recent memory. Croatia really kick started their season with a memorable, upset win at over the North Shore group at the beginning of November. They were 1-1-5 and coming into that fixture on the back of four straight losses. Since that win they are 4-0-2 and very much in the Provincial conversation. Should be a good game, I think it ends in a stalemate though.

Pegasus v Metro Ford
Talk about MOTW; finally these two face off in a rematch of the Provincial final. Peg are cruising through their second half of the season renaissance, as per usual, and are currently enjoying 4 wins on the bounce. With two games to come against Metro Ford, who have blown the league out of the water to this point this season, it would take a six point sweep to make it even the faintest of title races. I have to believe Coquitlam have had this one circled on the calendar for some time now (and then re-circled and circled again every time it got rescheduled) and will be more up for this game than any one they have played this year. I expect the Tri-Cities crew to extinguish all doubt of who the "best" team in the Province is this weekend. Hopefully the match is as entertaining as its billing!

Richmond v Columbus
The lights were all but snuffed out on Columbus and their faint survival hopes when they lost to Chile last time out. Richmond are flying high and have climbed all the way into the top four. I would expect this to be pretty straight forward for the home team at Minoru on Saturday.

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the west van game last night vs Croatia

Both teams played well at times and poor at times west van took a early 1-0 lead Croatia came back scored the next 2 to make it 2-1 at half. Second half was both ways west van goalie made 2 great saves to keep his team in it. I believe west van got the tie around 70min and took the lead with about 10 minutes left. Poor Reffing last night both ways seems like Michelle can't handle this level sometime maybe scared at moments to give a red as there should of been about 3 an obvious one was around the 65 minute when a west van took out a croatia player should of been his second yellow the Croatia player would of been long gone. West van looks like a new team this year seems like lots of guys missing. Also have to mention the disrespect from the west van side and bitching calling the ref a stupid b.... get some glass stupid and the list could continue but those stood out. Seems like the refs now have ear pcs where they can communicate linesman on west van side should of done a better job and caught some of this abuse coming from that bench.

See Ya

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rmd Columbus 1-1.

Tale of two halves.

We started poorly and to their credit, Columbus held their own an were rewarded with the lead on a well taken strike on 25 minutes. Really, a top drawer half volley finish top corner from 25 yards out by DeBlasio. Painful to admit, but credit where credit is due.

We knew we had to respond properly to start the 2nd half, and we did after equalizing inside the opening 5 minutes off of the re start. From there, it was back and forth, and on the whole, the draw was probably a fair result.

Ruben IMO was his normal self, calls going both ways that left you scratching your head, but it went both ways, so no real complaints in the end.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A full slate of Prem games on the docket between tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday. I came here to do predictions, but with this sudden snowfall I guess we can cross these ones off the list as well. Certainly tonight's games seem to be a write off as reports are the snow is heavy in Surrey and on the North Shore. Not sure about Coquitlam for tomorrow, but I would assume it's dumping there as well.

It is suppose to rain, and rather heavily for that matter, the rest of the week, so maybe the Wednesday games go?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the snow was light enough on the North Shore to get the game in at Ambleside last night. Anybody with insight on the field status in Coquitlam for tonight? I am guessing that it has it cleared enough in Surrey/Delta for the other make up games to go tomorrow (possibly Pacific tonight??)

From what I can tell the city itself got minimal snow so I assume Memorial should be fine as well for Wednesday.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF - RFC was called off due to snow last night.

It apparently hadn't started falling until around 6 o'clock, but upon pulling into the parking lot around 745, you couldn't see any of the pitch, colored lines and all.

Better luck to those playing tonight I suppose.

Are Pacific and Chile supposed to be playing tonight? I'll call Westside and ICSF a draw, Rovers over Delta and Peg to beat Croatia.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh my god the Indians win it!!!!!!!!!!!

Nd 4-1 tigers

We were up 4-0 and honestly it could have been 6. I've never been thru anything like this in my sporting life. Its been humbling and honestly depressing at times losing week in and week out. But I can't tell you how many games lately we have played good soccer but can't finish or don't get the big save and the other team bury one and it's here we go again. Tonight we buried with our early domination and never looked back. To late in the season but it still feels good to drink winning pints and have fun again.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done @bulljive and @LION you guys are better than your record and nice to see you pick up the points. Perhaps it is too late in the season, but another winnable game against Columbus this weekend. Pacific has a ton of fixtures to come and are evidently in disarray, so you never know. All you can do is win your games.

Interesting to see both Peg and Rovers lose mid-week though. With all four Imperial Cup games on Friday, and the League title ostensibly out of reach, clearly I would think the Surrey teams have an eye on their respective quarter-finals. That being said take absolutely nothing away from ND and Croatia (especially considering Peg play Div 1 South Delta Friday night, so I am sure they cannot be too concerned...)

Westside on the other hand, you have to assume, are prioritizing the league. I thought the rain was going to hold off at Memorial when I headed over last night, but just as the game began it decided otherwise. Westside scored almost instantly from the kick off after a classic cross and header. Columbus seemed beaten from that point on. There was the occasional half chance for the Italians, but they never truly worked the Westside keeper. At the other end Westside simply refused to score. Chance after chance went wide or went begging when the attacker wanted one more touch onto his preferred foot.

Second half had a few talking points. Columbus did try to press a little higher as opposed to sitting back and conceding possession to Westside as they had done in the first half, but still no major guilt edged chances to speak of. Westside continued to miss high, but did have one ruled out for handball. Then the tackles from Columbus started flying in and Westside had to carry one of their guys off the field with what looked to be a knee injury. Reuben had been surprisingly lenient with the cards to this point, despite some chirping from both sides and benches. I think he had only one guy booked at this point and chose not to add to that despite the tackle looking borderline. Then mere minutes after that restart a horror tackles from Columbus wrecked another Westsider. The Columbus player did contact the ball first but jumped in with studs up very forcefully. I got a glimpse of the player's ankle as they were carrying him off and you could see blood in the pattern of a cleat imprinted into his ankle, definitely a sore one I'm sure. I think everyone expected Reuben of all people to reach for the red, but instead only a yellow. After reflection though Reuben seemed to perhaps change his mind though, as a minute or two later when the same player barked at the linesman for offside Reuben immediately produced a second yellow and sent him packing. A strange one given he had been very lenient on the dissent all game, as mentioned.

Anyway with the man advantage Westside saw the game out and tacked one on in injury time. Their attacker out muscled, of all people, Poli in a one on one before slotting past the keeper. Oh, the rain stopped as the game ended...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg player lost his head 10 mins in and got back to back cautions, leaving Peg to play with 10 men for 80 mins. They were down 3-0 at half, and pulled it back to 3-2...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nd 1-0 Columbus

Game lacked quality of any kind. 3 games in 8 days and some heavy legs on our end. Also that turf at empire plays like grass and the ball actually slows down, we just couldn't seem to put enough weight on the pass. Leaving thru balls short, passing behind players. we will take the 3 points and a win. Dreams alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0