Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep. They still have 9 league games left.
How is making that many up even possible before provincials!
3 a week for 3 weeks? Wow. #depth

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 games by my count @LION which, if they do get that compressed, can only be good news for your survival bid...

Only two eligible for an "innovative" FVSL style true 6 pointer. Those would be Coquitlam, which, to be fair, is likely 6 points to Coquitlam anyway and EDC.

Any word on if the Provs were pushed back? I know the leagues were discussing with BC Soccer. Are they still scheduled to start April 7/8/9?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God...I didn't even think about the BCs and pushing them back maybe due to the snow.

Problem with doing that is then you get spring/summer footy and sports like baseball, ultimate ;), etc. getting those spring/summer field times.

What a clusterfcuk this season's been...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No six point games happening. But might come to a place where they don't have to finish all there games.
But if they go 10-0, league title could still be there's. Lots to play for still!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snow's gone, cup is on hiatus, full slate of Prem games...time for some Baseless Predictions!

Metro Ford v Pacific
Looks like this one will go ahead after having been postponed 37 times. Despite "strong suggestions", the VMSL is not making this one an FVSL patented 6-Pointer. Not much to analyze here truthfully. Pacific we trounced last time out by Peg 6-0 before enjoying yet another PPD fixture and are in all sorts of disarray. Meanwhile Coquitlam are top of the league and polished off Richmond 6-0 at the weekend. Should be a similar score line in favour of the Tri-Cites lads this week.

Pegasus v Rovers Tigers
Second plays third, which qualifies as the MOTW, but there is no prize for finishing second, other than if Metro Ford does the league and cup double the second place team would be seeded for Provincials, maybe? Any façade of a title challenge from Peg essentially vanished with their mid-week loss to Croatia last Wednesday. A win in that one and the Surrey boys could have put themselves in a position to sit atop the table, if only artificially, with a win on Tuesday. Now though, it appears everyone is just fighting to be first of the losers. Rovers will be motivated though, no doubt a chance to prove that they are one of the elite teams in the Province and a contender for title come April. It will be a big game for Tigers, but surely Pegasus won't be too enamoured with the thought of their local rivals doing a league double over them. Both teams with a couple of players on the hot sheet as this is the time of year that discipline really begins to take a toll. Peg haven't bothered to get Chetan off the list since December, so obviously he's not critical to their plans, but Sahil will no doubt be a miss. The two Tigers boys are recent additions to the list, thus perhaps their absence might have a slightly greater impact on the Rovers line up. This one is too close to call, but I think Peg are in better form now than in November, I'll take them to edge this one.

West Van v North Delta
If North Delta are serious about this last minute escape act they really need to get something out of this game. West Van are the better team, but don't really have anything to play for, so perhaps they can be got at. That 7:30 kick off is three bridges away for the South Fraser boys which won't help matters and has no doubt played into West Van's hands all season. I've bet on North Delta too many times this season and had it blow up in my face, but I am going to that well again. I would expect these guys to give absolutely everything in this one and, if in the end the result does not go their way, to have gone down swinging with no regrets (well, no regrets with their performance in this match...). I can't see them winning, but I think a cheeky point might just be on the cards. They'll need at least 7 points to put the pressure on Pacific IMO, I say they get one here.

Croatia v Westside
Croatia are easily the most improved team from the beginning of the season when they looked like potential relegation candidates. Now they have a small buffer on the Provincials race, albeit the chasing pack have games in hand. Westside for their part, might be the most consistent team in the league. Basically they beat the teams they are supposed to and lose to the big dogs. The Westsiders got all three points at Musqeum in the reverse fixture and no doubt the Croatians remember that one as it was their only blemish during a run of 5 wins out of 6. Westside could use the points in their Provincial bid more so than the Croatians, but Croatia are in slightly better form at the moment, coming off back to back wins. Croatia are another with some suspension problems; three names on the sheet though, again, a couple have been up there for a few weeks and are possibly not critical to the European's plans. These guys look evenly matched, so I won't try and separate them: draw.

Richmond v EDC
Well we will see how Hibs respond to being absolutely thrashed at the hands of Metro Ford last weekend. I would expect a response and Chile are the perfect candidates. The Chileans have been less than inspiring this season, but look to have limped things just far enough to be out of relegation threat. EDC beat both relegation candidates, but, apart from that, have been unconvincing other than a Remembrance Day win over West Van. It sets up as a nice bounce back game for Richmond and I would expect to see them make off with the points at Minoru on Saturday, just as they did in Burnaby back in November.

Inter v Columbus
It seems this is to be the end for Columbus. An Inter win would mean all that's left is for Pacific to win one of their remaining 10 games (or for Columbus to lose again) and Columbus will be officially relegated. There's no love lost between these Italian cousins and Inter will doubtlessly relish the opportunity to condemn their rivals to their fate. Just in case you thought there might be one great last stand from Columbus, it's worth noting that they have fully 4 players ineligible for this one through suspensions and, one assumes, Poli will be travelling with the Whitecaps in his capacity as strength and conditioning coach. The reverse fixture was a shock 4-0 thumping in favour of the last place club and Inter will certainly have pay back in mind for that as well. Rumours that there is no one to pick up the standard for Columbus and that it seems likely that they are to fold following relegation. If that comes to pass, it will be a sad day for one of the VMSL's most storied franchises. In the short term, a happy day for Inter is almost certainly on the horizon.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 games by my count @LION Any word on if the Provs were pushed back? I know the leagues were discussing with BC Soccer. Are they still scheduled to start April 7/8/9?

We, RFC are schdueled to play our last LEAGUE game vs Croatia at this moment in time...

I'm told it's Rovers 5 PEG 0 with 15 to go...

I also see WV over ND 2-1 out at Ambleside

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 2-1 ND

We started well going up 1-0 in the first 15 minutes. West Van pressed high most of the game, giving us some trouble as we tried to play out of the press. They scored to tie it off a giveaway from our defender. 1-1 at half.

Second half West Van scored early and were pressuring. Ball at the top of the box, we allowed their player to much space to turn and finish. It was a nice finish but he should never have been allowed to turn.

Last 30 minutes we turned it on. 2 posts, cross bar, 2 PK shouts one for our player clearly being taken down and the other for a handball in which it hit their defenders arm, yes he was close to the player but his arm was in an unnatural position. All game we couldn't get a call in our direction but we created the chances and just needed to score. Unlucky but it was a great response from us after going down.

West Van is a good team. Big, physical and solid in the middle of the park.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The relegation battle will be big as Pacific is facing some tough teams and ND can still pull off a couple wins with their 3 games remaining. It will be interesting to the end. Croatia will be tough as they are on a roll lately but there is a big bet on the line against the Croats for me this monday let's see how it is played out. Good luck to the rest of the teams for the rest of the season!

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 2-1 ND

We started well going up 1-0 in the first 15 minutes. West Van pressed high most of the game, giving us some trouble as we tried to play out of the press. They scored to tie it off a giveaway from our defender. 1-1 at half.

Second half West Van scored early and were pressuring. Ball at the top of the box, we allowed their player to much space to turn and finish. It was a nice finish but he should never have been allowed to turn.

Last 30 minutes we turned it on. 2 posts, cross bar, 2 PK shouts one for our player clearly being taken down and the other for a handball in which it hit their defenders arm, yes he was close to the player but his arm was in an unnatural position. All game we couldn't get a call in our direction but we created the chances and just needed to score. Unlucky but it was a great response from us after going down.

West Van is a good team. Big, physical and solid in the middle of the park.

Who had the whistle?

RFC 3 Chile 2

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-1 Croatia win

Huge result for Croatia, all but confirming a spot in the Provincials, now on 31 points!

Looks like a three team battle for the final spot then between Inter, Westside and EDC. Of course, with all the games in hand Pacific not out of it yet either, but they would certainly need a turn around in form.

Some bigs games coming up then in that race starting tomorrow with Pacific hosting EDC and then the Surrey boys welcome Westside at the weekend. Inter have Westside midweek before the Westsiders host EDC next weekend. Should be a clearer picture after that, hopefully it's quite a race!

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sERIOUSLY peeeps ??? 6 pointer matches , . that would be bush league .that is laughable to me........regardless of what has happened in the season so far .anyhow....trying to figure out which prem game to catch tomorow. Have you seen the log jam of teams in the prem division ? After 1st place it is a gong hong shoot out , to see who is going to snap up a provincial spot,all up for grabs still.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0