Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some important games mid-week this week.

Monday: Pacific have a chance to mathematically avoid automatic relegation with a win over already relegated Columbus. A win would put the Surrey boys on 22 points meaning the only way they could go down would be via a playoff. You would have to think that Pacific will be able to see off a Columbus team that will presumably be less than motivated. Pacific have been playing multiple games a week for some time now, so perhaps a chance for some fatigue?

Tuesday: Coquitlam with a chance to move within two points of confirming their second consecutive league title with a win over Richmond. As it stands Peg could end up on 44 points, but they play West Van Tuesday night as well in a rematch of their cup semi from this past weekend and if West Van can take any points off the Surrey side then a win for Metro Ford would settle it right then and there.

Wednesday: A huge one between Inter and Westside for Provincial Cup berths. It's looking increasing likely that it is down to these two teams for the seventh, and final, spot in the Provincials. Inter have a two point lead at the moment, so a win midweek would really put them in the driver's seat coming down the stretch.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF 3-0 Richmond
W Van 2-2 Peg

Congratulations Metro Ford on back-to-back Premier Division Titles!

CMF are clearly the class of the league at his point, and I hope that they do win Provincials so they can represent BC well at Nationals. The last time a BC team won was 2004, and it was coincidentally Pegasus.

Tootoo22

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Showed up late to the Columbus pacific game but was a good game... was 1-1 when I showed up. Don't know who scored Columbus first goal but Victor blassco scored Pacifics first.. was a long ball over top that Steve got to on a tough angle with a open net did well to finish than victor muscled off one of the Columbus defenders cut it and tied it up. One of Columbus younger strikers #24 got a ball at the back stick for a tap in. About 10 mins later victor scored his hat trick to tie it up on a well taken free kick from about 25 yards out. Than with about 15 mins to go #24 for Columbus scored the winner. Pacific pushed on and had a few good chances but couldn't find the target

soccerstar

Aug 29, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Showed up late to the Columbus pacific game but was a good game... was 1-1 when I showed up. Don't know who scored Columbus first goal but Victor blassco scored Pacifics first.. was a long ball over top that Steve got to on a tough angle with a open net did well to finish than victor muscled off one of the Columbus defenders cut it and tied it up. One of Columbus younger strikers #24 got a ball at the back stick for a tap in. About 10 mins later victor scored his hat trick to tie it up on a well taken free kick from about 25 yards out. Than with about 15 mins to go #24 for Columbus scored the winner. Pacific pushed on and had a few good chances but couldn't find the target

I caught the second half of the game. Appeared Columbus was hungry to win this one. Pacific appeared thin on the bench.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF 3-0 Richmond
W Van 2-2 Peg

Congratulations Metro Ford on back-to-back Premier Division Titles!

CMF are clearly the class of the league at his point, and I hope that they do win Provincials so they can represent BC well at Nationals. The last time a BC team won was 2004, and it was coincidentally Pegasus.

I'm so sick of CMF!

0-0 at the half, but then a deflected effort wrong footed the keeper and they took the lead on their 2nd effort on goal at the 60 minute mark. A free kick from the top of the 18 went top corner in the 70th, and their 3rd marker was slotted home from the top of the 18 as after Basso picked up an errant pass and beat his man to round it all off.

Ernesto wasn't that great in the middle, for either side IMO

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 3 - 1 Inter according to the website.

@Canucks4Ever do you have a game report? Big result for the Westside they are now 1 point ahead with one game in hand for the final provincial spot.

Congrats to Metro Ford for winning the league for the second year in a row. They are on a completely different level than anybody else. Just like @dezza said I do wish that Metro Ford would make it to the provincial finals so that they can represent B.C in nationals. Maybe they can let campo team represent B.C since they "almost" beat Metro Ford so therefore they are second best in the province ;):wa:.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 3 - 1 Inter according to the website.

@Canucks4Ever do you have a game report? Big result for the Westside they are now 1 point ahead with one game in hand for the final provincial spot.

Congrats to Metro Ford for winning the league for the second year in a row. They are on a completely different level than anybody else. Just like @dezza said I do wish that Metro Ford would make it to the provincial finals so that they can represent B.C in nationals. Maybe they can let campo team represent B.C since they "almost" beat Metro Ford so therefore they are second best in the province ;):wa:.

Did you see that pouring rain??

World Baseball Classic Final between USA and Puerto Rico was looking quite the good option...

The rain let up though and I was glad I opted for Memorial over Sportsnet...game report to follow

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing rumours about inter w-side,and got some calls and teksts .A yellow card showed to that speedy little runt forward,for a eXXXcellent celebration on his goal , . and then he was told dont worry i wont report it to the league ?:confused: and then the other bigger forward take a pass and and lazer beams a shot towards a fan ?:banghead: and the game continued ? I heard ref's did not get there rule books this year ..........wear is smaret coch ,maybe he can shed some light on this ?

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm so sick of CMF!

0-0 at the half, but then a deflected effort wrong footed the keeper and they took the lead on their 2nd effort on goal at the 60 minute mark. A free kick from the top of the 18 went top corner in the 70th, and their 3rd marker was slotted home from the top of the 18 as after Basso picked up an errant pass and beat his man to round it all off.

Ernesto wasn't that great in the middle, for either side IMO

This game could have been played without a ref it was such a quiet slow paced game.It was like richmond battened down the trenches and defended very strongly and with m.f zinging and zanging the soccer ball from side to side criss crossing the field,it was just a matter of time befor the 1st goal fell and the others followed.
My take n goals- 1st one was a back breaker-deflection - 2nd & 3rd -GOOOOOOOLS - roKets - poor brad had no chance .

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing rumours about inter w-side,and got some calls and teksts .A yellow card showed to that speedy little runt forward,for a eXXXcellent celebration on his goal , . and then he was told dont worry i wont report it to the league ?:confused: and then the other bigger forward take a pass and and lazer beams a shot towards a fan ?:banghead: and the game continued ? I heard ref's did not get there rule books this year ..........wear is smaret coch ,maybe he can shed some light on this ?

I imagine he would have been off doing something with one of his three Rino's teams...

I, as mentioned, was at Memorial and "Smaret coch" would have missed a decently entertaining one (presuming, of course, that he in fact was not among the assembled on-lookers). Inter started off happy enough to let Westside have the ball and the team in red did a pretty decent job in hanging on to possession, but they weren't exactly creating chances. The Inter boys were like a pack of hungry dogs though, just waiting for opportunities to pounce on a bad pass or misplaced clearance. The Italians, despite doing the chasing, likely had the better of it early, though Westside did manage some nice passing combinations to work the ball into good attacking areas. However, they always seemed to want one more pass and, as a result, weren't actually troubling the Inter keeper.

The "speedy little runt forward," aka Milad, was his usual threatening self but was finding life a little frustrating as he felt tackles were not being called etc. The ref (who I am told is Miro's son? Not sure if that's true) was being very tolerant, as were his assistants, as Milad and the other Inter players petitioned for calls. Then it got weird. Milad started screaming at someone on the Westside bench (possibly the coach?) every time the ball went out of play or was on the opposite side of the field. I mean full on turned his back to the game and got into it with the Westside bench verbally, expletives flying, repeatedly, pretty much whenever he didn't have the ball. I think it was over something that was said, or alleged to have been said, but the Westside guys did not seem to know what he was on about and I don't think the Inter guys did either, quite frankly. The benches were exchanging words as things got ratcheted up until finally the ref noticed. Again though, only warnings handed out.

Back to the action on the field where Westside had found the break through, somewhat against the run of play. One of their nice build ups had won them a corner, which Inter dealt with but only partially cleared. The second phase came back into the box where a Westside attacker was miles offside, roughly at the top of the 6 yard box, wide open. He looked to be thinking about playing the ball, but one of his teammates was screaming at him to leave it. In the end he did and the other player coolly slotted it away for the ice breaker. The linesman however appeared to have begun to raise his flag, before then keeping it down during the build up and you can imagine how Inter responded to that. They were incensed, particularly the keeper, and, IMO, rightfully so, but the goal was given. The Inter players and bench continued to voice their opposition, however, again, only warnings were given.

Second half was pretty even but Inter began to turn things up, as you would expect. Milad found the equalizer with a nice low effort to the far post from just inside the box and ran fully the length of the field to celebrate in front of the Westside bench. Not sure how classy a move that was, but to each their own I suppose, that being said Westside obviously had something to say about it and of course tempers flared. The Westside keeper was complaining about a hole in the net or the positioning of the net or something so the referee was inspecting it, which left the linesman to deal with the incident coming to a boil at the benches. When the referee came back to restart the game the linesman informed him of the incident and Milad was booked. Then the linesman called the referee over to say that he had in fact only wanted the referee to give Milad a "last warning" so a big display was made to rescind the yellow card as it were. IMO, those sort of antics deserve a yellow card, but again just my opinion, I wasn't in charge of this one. After the goal though Westside seemed to take over the game, but, with time winding down, it seemed to be headed for a stalemate. Ten minutes to go, give or take, and another Westside attack was cleared only as far as centre or so. The Westside centre back collected the ball and decided to go for it. It definitely carried a large slice of luck, anything from that distance does, but it was well struck and sailed into the very top corner, right where the bar meets the post. An absolute screamer from more than 30 yards out, those are fun to watch.

After that Inter totally lost their shape chasing a late equalizer. They basically stopped marking Westside's wide men and after about the sixth time they played in their winger he put one on a platter for his attacking counterpart to make the points safe with just a few minutes left. This is when the next incident occurred. This time it was the other Milad (the tall Milad, not the "speedy runt") who was again frustrated with a call not going his way so he blasted the ball into the fence after the whistle. I believe he was getting booked for this and I'm not sure if the ref wasn't looking (perhaps he was writing down the card?) but when the ball came back to Milad he fired it as hard as he could over the fence towards the spectators. I think it was aimed at a guy wearing maybe a Croatia jacket or an EDC jacket, I couldn't see exactly from where I was situated, but presumably something was said I guess?? Completely bizzarre and, again just IMO, something that should not be tolerated at any level of sport. I get this was a big game and frustrations can boil over and I do not know what might have been said, but still unacceptable. Anyway, the ref didn't see it I guess??? So nothing further and the game ended shortly thereafter.

A massive win for Westside, as they vault Inter into the 7th and final Prov Cup berth. The Excellent Site reports that they have beaten EDC today as well, which officially eliminates the Chileans from Provincial contention. Thus, barring a meteoric resurgence by Pacific, it's between Inter and Westside for that final spot. The Italians have a chance to keep pace Monday when they host Peg.

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the fan that Milad shoot the ball at was a chile players parent who was hammered and was chirping I believe chiles LB players dad

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2 - Delta 0

Interested in hearing @LION thoughts on our game but safe to say and ugly game, with neither side creating much, particularly in the 1st half.

Delta had 1 effort on goal, from a free kick just outside the box about 15 minutes into the game after a miscue between myself and our LB as the Delta winger chased a ball over the top down the right, and thus was bundled over by the 2 of us. We blazed one glorious chance over the bar about 5 minutes later after the Delta CBs coughed it up just outside the top of their 18. Other then that, nothing of significance happened the rest of the half.

Second half we started better as the game opened up a bit more after both sides made a couple changes. We were focused on staying tight defensively, as we've shipped a number of goals in recent weeks, so in turn Delta did have more of the ball then us, but never truly seemed to do anything with it. At the 60 minute mark, we caught them on the counter after winning the ball in the middle of the park, springing a ball down our left flank for our striker who collected, looked up and hit a near post ball which our RM got on the end of to make it 1-nil. Again, after that we just focused on keeping our defensive shape, and caught Delta out a second time with another solo effort counter attack with about 15 to go.

Delta do try to knock the ball around and keep in on the carpet, but never truly seem to do anything or go anywhere with it IMO. A lot of possession on the outside and around the back, but nothing centrally at the crucial time to make any sort of break through.

Good result for us, and a clean sheet to boot. On to Rovers Friday night.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great summary. Dead on.

We had the ball lots but didn't know how to break down your lines. You were Very solid defensively. Not many holes centrally so you kept us to the outside tons. We have struggled with scoring this season, and connecting with our front 5 guys etc.

Your first goal was a very nice finish with your right mid cutting accross the box and finding the perfect touch on the near post to finish.
It was an ugly game and lots of it played in the middle of the park.

Lots of mental growth needed and perhaps some offensive pieces if we ever want to make a run at premier again.

Richmond was hard to break down to create chances, probably the best defensive team we played against in the last 5-6 weeks. Or the worst we have played offensively in that time. Probably a bit of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0