Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND lose to Croatia 4-1 per the Excellent Site.

Chile and Pacific survive despite their best attempts to play like absolute shite...

Hey, just win the games you have to I suppose. #VetMove

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like everything will be decided by Friday for last few provincial spots

It's a shame that pacific has forefit a game I believe they had a few last year as well I think it's time they say there good byes what a waste of time this club is

Agree re Pacific. I guess their argument would be that they put the points on the board though...

Surprise result for Westside last night at Burnaby Lake. Sources tell me that they only had 11 while Coquitlam had their full squad including their starting keeper and Basso who went 90 mins. Obviously a meaningless game for Coquitlam but it's the first time this season that they've allowed more than one goal in a game and they've now lost two on the spin. Apparently Westside scored in the early minutes en route to running out to a 3-0 lead before half time. They were full value for it though, with Coquitlam struggling to create much of anything in the first period, save one chance cleared off the line at 2-0.

Second half was one way traffic with Metro Ford pouring it on in search of a way back. Several stellar saves by the Westside keeper kept them at bay until a bizarre moment made it 4-0. The Coquitlam centre backs along with the keeper were switching the ball around the back and Westside was pressuring. One defender attempted to lob the ball over the pressing attacker to his defense partner, but instead hooked it into his own net for the OG. Basso slotted from the spot late to break up the shutout bid.

Following the game the teams had to play 4 minutes that remained from the reverse fixture and it ended up being 9 men for Westside against 10 from Coquitlam as only players who were on the roster for the first match were eligible. Metro Ford held on despite some Westside pressure.

So it will indeed come down to Friday night between Richmond, Westside and Inter. Richmond and Westside can book a spot with wins over Croatia and Rovers respectively. Inter will need one of those two teams to lose coupled with their own win over Coquitlam. You would have thought it would be a tall order for the Italians against the Champions, but given Metro Fords current form, surely Inter must feel that they are in with a chance.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does the Pacific spot still technically belong to Langley FC? Should be interesting to see what they decide to do with it moving forward...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a shame that pacific has forefit a game I believe they had a few last year as well I think it's time they say there good byes what a waste of time this club is

The payroll-issue plagued team walks off the park against Inter after 80 minutes last week, followed by a mid week forfeit, and then last night hosting West Van at NAP they show up with 8 players and after 19 minutes, walk off again, this time right before the extra point attempt.

Also, there are no paid players in the VMSL, and teams cannot buy spots. If there are any reports of this, this information should be forwarded to the proper authorities.

Last edited:

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:pacific.

This is not in the spirit of the game. Some teams earn easy 3 points (forfeit games) where as others do not. How is the final standings even fair then? Same problem with Akal for last 3 seasons in Div1 until they finally folded. I rather have ND or Columbus playing as they at least compete every week. Having teams like this espicially at the highest division makes the league look bad. Teams like this should be relegated or put a ban on the club lets say 2yrs. It is up to other premier teams admin. to speak up against this type of decisions by certain clubs. Thus all of the leagues in VMSL would have fair competition.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I doubt the VMSL will do anything, actually I know they won't. First no one can prove Pacific is paying anyone unless a player steps forward. That won't happen because the player will also get suspended for taking payment. It's cheaper to forfeit than pay for players.

The only way around it is if all Premier teams make a complaint that won't happen either. The solution go from 12 teams to 10. Relegation and promotion should only be one team. This will also elimination spreading out talent out from 12 teams to 10. Competition will be better and less complaining about this topic.

My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0