Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) The position of "I do not care if people gets paid". It is very common in the local soccer community. Here is where the problem lies. It DOES matter. It is important in many aspects, which I regret that people here do not understand or grasp.

"On September 27, 2017, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the office of the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York announced the arrest of 10 individuals, including assistant coaches Anthony Bland, Chuck Person, Emanuel Richardson, and Lamont Evans and Adidas executive James Gatto, on various corruption and fraud charges including bribery, money laundering, and wire fraud.[1][2][3] The schools implicated in the initial announcement were Arizona, Auburn, Louisville, Miami, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, and Southern California(USC).[1][2][3]

The investigation has since spread beyond the individuals and teams initially implicated.[5] Shortly afterwards, multiple media reports indicated that the Elite Youth Basketball League, the grassroots basketball division of Nike, was served with a subpoena by federal investigators. While Nike was not named in the initial documents, one of the 10 individuals arrested on September 26 was a former Nike executive who was working for Adidas when he was arrested.[6]"

It is a big deal if SFU players are getting paid in the VMSL, which it seems to have been the case.

2) Amateur competitions are designed for the enjoyment of people who have other jobs and careers. Their objective is not to help to produce professional soccer players.

Separate tournaments and leagues should be created for that purpose. When you pay a player in an amateur league you are not helping anyone in the long run. Amateur leagues help with the development of the culture of the game in society, and this might help the professional game indirectly,

Their primary purpose is not to launch players into professional or semi professional careers. The same for university leagues. People are going to their to get an education, skills, a variety of experiences (which includes playing sports). The goal is not to make them professional soccer players.

Why is this so hard to understand for you guys? Please @Dude. Explain why this can not be grasped? Take the example of Carlos Tevez and Luis Suarez. Those guys can barely read and write. They would have never made it in North America. A professional soccer player is a highly skilled worker in the production of specific tasks in the field. He or she does not need to be well rounded human individual, which is one of the purpose of amateur leagues and university leagues.

3) Please do not obscure the issue with false accusations about Campo Atletico and Derver and Ivan. Derver never played for Campo Atletico, and Ivan was a late addition who came out of his own volition due to cultural and ethnic bonds. There is no comparison with the issue of a foreign government sending thousand and thousands of dollars to a team so it can be used for propaganda purposes at home.

4) As for what so much is written about Campo Atletico, it is because it was a originally a project designed to question the status quo and herd mentality.
---------------------------------------
Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you."

He said, "Teacher, say on."

"A certain lender had two debtors. The one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. When they couldn't pay, he forgave them both. Which of them therefore will love him most?"

Simon answered, "He, I suppose, to whom he forgave the most."

He said to him, "You have judged correctly." Turning to the woman, he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered into your house, and you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head. You gave me no kiss, but she, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss my feet. You didn't anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."

— Luke 7:40-47, World English Bible
-------------------------------------------
The player who comes to field not for money but for the love and devotion of the game is the one who has to be rewarded and valued. Not the player who comes for the money. You on the other hand value the player who comes for greed. Campo had many players who would be excluded from other teams and circles. Players who would be considered to be Silver or no good. This was part of the project. Soccer is for everyone not only for the elite who has wealth or the one who has the perfect physique.

Like I said, I can be swayed.

I’ve always viewed those on the take as mercenaries and just didn’t have a lot of respect. I again fall in line with Ball’s point about playing alongside guys that have that same pedigree but signed forms like the rest of us. I played on a team once very young that had the brown bag thing, it was toxic.

Seriously man, drop the Socrates routine, and refer back to rule #1.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO ????/ uh oh.......does the FVSL league presidente not have some kind of affiliation to poco ? Oh the good ol days when we were called " Northside Rangers ".......damn good great golden days......great players,great teammates,we always had each others backs from our 3rd team to the prem. team..........

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said, I can be swayed.

I’ve always viewed those on the take as mercenaries and just didn’t have a lot of respect. I again fall in line with Ball’s point about playing alongside guys that have that same pedigree but signed forms like the rest of us. I played on a team once very young that had the brown bag thing, it was toxic.

Seriously man, drop the Socrates routine, and refer back to rule #1.
Times have changed...the next generation deserves a better situation...Greater Vancouver should have a semi-pro league and an separate amateur league. Perhaps both can be connected, but it should be clear if teams are giving systematic compensation to players...the wealth in the lower mainland has increased exponentially from the time of your youth...
Nothing wrong with liking Socrates

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Times have changed...the next generation deserves a better situation...Greater Vancouver should have a semi-pro league and an separate amateur league. Perhaps both can be connected, but it should be clear if teams are giving systematic compensation to players...the wealth in the lower mainland has increased exponentially from the time of your youth...
Nothing wrong with liking Socrates

to much passion for you return to coaching....
take a mid table division 3 team and try to make them great would be a great story

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter EDC 2-2 Metro Ford
Rovers Tigers 2-2 Croatia
CCB 4-1 Guilford
West Van 5-0 Campo Atletico
NorVan 1-3 Pegasus
Rino's 5-0 Richmond

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagerly awaiting reports from this evening's festivities at the VMSL office...

I assume it was a shite show as expecred? Anything at all of substance get accomplished??

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagerly awaiting reports from this evening's festivities at the VMSL office...

I assume it was a shite show as expecred? Anything at all of substance get accomplished??
I heard from a little bird that it went well. The league is moving forward in taking measures to tackle the issue.
They are also showing good initiative to promote the hard work of players who have distinguished during the season via All Star Game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All-star games are nothing new, it was simply abandoned for the past few years. Who will they play? I assume Pacific FC? We all know it won't be the FVSL or VISL All-Stars.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard from a little bird that it went well. The league is moving forward in taking measures to tackle the issue.
They are also showing good initiative to promote the hard work of players who have distinguished during the season via All Star Game.

I am not sure what you consider going well? that's not what I heard.

While we are on the topic of paying players, the league should look into teams buying spots in higher divisions. Is the league okay with teams coming from a different league and straight into Premier or Div.1 division?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure what you consider going well? that's not what I heard.

While we are on the topic of paying players, the league should look into teams buying spots in higher divisions. Is the league okay with teams coming from a different league and straight into Premier or Div.1 division?
The mind is powerful, and people see what they want see. I was told that the meeting went well and that the VMSL was taking concrete steps to try to alleviate the situation. Essentially, the paying of players is ending in the VMSL.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All-star games are nothing new, it was simply abandoned for the past few years. Who will they play? I assume Pacific FC? We all know it won't be the FVSL or VISL All-Stars.

Actually VMSL want to make the inter-league all-star matches work. The biggest hurdle is scheduling. The other leagues take a longer premier break in winter and play the allstars then, but they both have less teams and less matches, so it's easier for them.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually VMSL want to make the inter-league all-star matches work. The biggest hurdle is scheduling. The other leagues take a longer premier break in winter and play the allstars then, but they both have less teams and less matches, so it's easier for them.

Interesting.

So what are they going to do about your...erm...other...squads that are alleged to have compensated players with cold hard bags of cash?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting.

So what are they going to do about your...erm...other...squads that are alleged to have compensated players with cold hard bags of cash?
Dude,
My understanding is that the VMSL is taking the issue very serious. Apparently, one of the officials stated. This practice ends today. They are going to do a lot of things to try to make players and clubs aware of the consequenses. Hiring players for other jobs, taking them for dinner, buying equipment, paying for the gas of the game is fine. Direct cash payment is not. They will show the guidelines based on CSA and BC soccer laws and rules. They seemed to be serious about the issue.

I can be a harsh critic of the VMSL, but I have to give them credit. They did well. At the end Mills, might have helped the VMSL, because it has forced them to address the issue directly (whether it was real or not), now it is on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0