Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clearly gave him the second yellow for the “give him a fffnnnn PK” in a mocking like fashion. Pretty light shove on the red in my opinion, couple games for dissent but nothing for the push. I know you aren’t supposed to touch the ref but not much in it other then a very frustrated player.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm curious to see where the league is at right now so far as their ITC forms, and allegations towards clubs compensating players. What are the latest rumors?

Too taboo a topic?

Zima

Sep 17, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Ford 2 - 2 West Van

It was an absolute cracker of a match! In the early stages, CMF, who was very fluid in their positioning going forward, had the edge in possession and were moving the ball around quite well. That being said, they didn't really make any clear cut goal scoring opportunities. WVFC was happy to sit back and absorb pressure and created a few opportunities on the counter attack.

WVFC opened up the scoring after a WVFC CM did well to win the ball off of his mark's foot just outside of the WVFC 18-yard box. He then proceeded to play an excellent 50/60 yard throughball to a WVFC attacking play who made a nice move inside the CMF 18-yard box and was consequently fouled. WVFC slotted the penalty shot...1-0.

Golden goal-scoring opportunities were then spurned at both ends. First, WVFC was absolutely robbed by the CMF GK who saved a sharp shot off of a low cross that came across the 6-yard box. Shortly after that, WVFC, defending a corner kick, was able to knock the ball out of their box. The loose ball was picked up by a CMF player who whipped the ball into three open CMF players in the box. The WVFC GK made an incredible double-save, on the line, and the ball was cleared.

Both teams exchanged some decent chances and CMF finally leveled up a couple minutes before half-time off of a header from a free-kick. It was a fun first-half to watch with lots of chances. 1-1 at half-time.

When the second half started, it became pretty evident the this half was going to be just as entertaining as the first. Both teams were clearly going for the win and the game was pretty open with good chances being had at both ends. The WVFC GK made some great saves after CMF was able to spring attacking players through the WVFC backline. Those saves were matched by the CMF GK on a free-kick and a few other opportunities. WVFC also had a great shot that went off of the corner of the post and crossbar.

CMF took the lead midway through the second half off of a great individual effort where the CMF player slipped through 2 or 3 WVFC players and slotted the ball bottom corner from just inside the box. From my seat in the stands, it looked like he might have got a little bit of a lucky bounce off of one of the defenders but full credit to the player for that little sequence.

After CMF went up 2-1, WVFC started pushing pretty hard, and also got a little bit chippy, which drew some indignation from the CMF supporters. One of the WVFC CBs was particularly naughty and could have picked up a second yellow for a wild tackle right in front of the supporters, who were not very happy about the tackle. He might have been a bit lucky to finish the game.

WVFC tried hard to push for an equalizer and had some great opportunities to level up, but CMF was excellent in defense and bled the clock really well when they were in possession. With only a couple minutes left in the game, however, WVFC was able to finally get through the CMF backline on a bit of a broken play off of a long ball. The WVFC player took a great touch to control the ball, and then had time to take another two or three touches before scoring to the GK's right side.

2-2 was probably a fair result. The game could have easily finished 5-5.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went along to Campo-Rino's this afternoon. fcuk me, Campo's defence is awful.

I genuinely lost count of the score by the end, partly due to chatting and partly the sun blinding me. May have been 9-0. Maybe 8 or 10. There were disallowed goals too.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I genuinely lost count of the score by the end, partly due to chatting and partly the sun blinding me. May have been 9-0. Maybe 8 or 10. There were disallowed goals too.

@dezza and @SmartCoach must have loved that!

@Soccer Coach will be plotting his revenge in div1 :punch:

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money

For Prem level they have been absolutely terrible..... But when you have a group of players where the majority is a lower division 2 level not all that surprising...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

@dezza and @SmartCoach must have loved that!

@Soccer Coach will be plotting his revenge in div1 :punch:
No feelings of revenge or anything at all. At this moment, just content that we saved the club. Many of the games are more about experimentation and determining which players will be kept for next season and cup games. Some players were still doubtful of the defensive approach, so go ahead and see what happens when you try to play this way with some of these teams. In any case, really quality of players on the Tigers and CCB. Very good goals.

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo will struggle in div1 next year from what i see
I would have to agree with you.....
Unless they attract a marquee player even div.1 will be a great challenge, but judging by their reputation it would surprising seeing a difference maker join.....

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo's potential success in Div. 1 likely comes down to whether or not Eduardo stays on as coach and if he is given the license to run the program how he believes that it should be. He showed in the past getting them up from Div. 2 as well as the year they previously got promoted to Prem (though he did leave just before the end of that season before their promotion was confirmed) that he is capable of producing a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. True, they did have one or two top tier players in the squad then, but I would not be surprised if they are able find some talent hidden somewhere in the lower mainland again. The tactics and dedication to a game plan alone would likely be enough to survive in Div. 1 against some of the bottom teams who turn up just for fun (though those sides seem to be becoming fewer and fewer in number each season) while being at least competitive against the top teams.

As was evidenced by Pegasus two weeks ago, even if Campo are giving up a boatload of chances, if you don't take them you will find it difficult to win. Not many (I would argue any) of the teams in Div. 1 can boast the fire power and clinical attacking prowess of a CCB or Rino's Tigers. Plus Eduardo loves using the "us against the world" mantra to motivate his players and it has worked very effectively for them in the past. If they lose him, however, and this is the best they can produce then yes, I would tip them to struggle mightily indeed.

Side note: Tip of the hat to Cam the referee in that one giving the penalty to make it 6-0 (or whatever the score was at the time...). Lots of referees would have simply turtled given the lopsided scoreline, but a penalty is a penalty regardless of what the other factors in the game may be. It is supposed to be an objective standard so credit to him for not letting that drop.

And speaking of relegation, there should be some further implications tonight as NorVan and Guildford finish off their game from before the holidays. A NorVan win would make them mathematically safe from relegation (though they are ostensibly already safe) while if Guildford can hold on for even just a point it will put them in the driver's seat in their battle with Richmond to stay up.

Reactions: GoF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo's potential success in Div. 1 likely comes down to whether or not Eduardo stays on as coach and if he is given the license to run the program how he believes that it should be. He showed in the past getting them up from Div. 2 as well as the year they previously got promoted to Prem (though he did leave just before the end of that season before their promotion was confirmed) that he is capable of producing a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. True, they did have one or two top tier players in the squad then, but I would not be surprised if they are able find some talent hidden somewhere in the lower mainland again. The tactics and dedication to a game plan alone would likely be enough to survive in Div. 1 against some of the bottom teams who turn up just for fun (though those sides seem to be becoming fewer and fewer in number each season) while being at least competitive against the top teams.

As was evidenced by Pegasus two weeks ago, even if Campo are giving up a boatload of chances, if you don't take them you will find it difficult to win. Not many (I would argue any) of the teams in Div. 1 can boast the fire power and clinical attacking prowess of a CCB or Rino's Tigers. Plus Eduardo loves using the "us against the world" mantra to motivate his players and it has worked very effectively for them in the past. If they lose him, however, and this is the best they can produce then yes, I would tip them to struggle mightily indeed.

Side note: Tip of the hat to Cam the referee in that one giving the penalty to make it 6-0 (or whatever the score was at the time...). Lots of referees would have simply turtled given the lopsided scoreline, but a penalty is a penalty regardless of what the other factors in the game may be. It is supposed to be an objective standard so credit to him for not letting that drop.

And speaking of relegation, there should be some further implications tonight as NorVan and Guildford finish off their game from before the holidays. A NorVan win would make them mathematically safe from relegation (though they are ostensibly already safe) while if Guildford can hold on for even just a point it will put them in the driver's seat in their battle with Richmond to stay up.

Nice report.

Isn't it...strange...that Campo is once again leading the news on TTP? Even with what appears to be a very dark cloud hovering over the league in the lead-up to Provincials? I have to admit, I find reading about them compelling, and even rooting for them to take down Rino's in particular, but any of the other top teams in the Mercenary League...even if at once time the Campo Camp was accused of said allegations as well. David vs. Goliath is always fun to watch, especially when David is a team run by an awkward version of Bill Nye. Eduardo, the Soccer Guy. Honestly, how can you not root for them? Even though @Soccer Coach literally drives me to want to throw my iPhone at the computer screen (killing both, rendering reading his shite impossible), I can admit TTP life is a little more interesting with him here than without.

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rovers 2-2 CCB
Richmond 4-0 Campo
Pegasus 2-0 Guilford
Croatia 1-1 MetroFord
NorVan 1-3 Rino's
WestVan 1-1 InterChile

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys...it is all for entertainment factor....as for this week match....it will be interesting...We should have won the game against Pegasus but some dodgy decision making gave them that goal....this should have been the first win...but perhaps next game will the day....never losing hope for that elusive win..

Reactions: GoF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0