Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you for the comments, @Macho Man , I enjoyed very much the games with your team. They were really competitive.
Campo just lost another game. It was 2-5 to Pegasus.

I do not think that they will swallow their pride. It made it very clear to them that about half of the team needed to do serious work to be able to COMPETE in premier (i.e. some needed more fitness, others needed to improve technique, and quite a few needed to improve decision making). Cusano was for sure not be line up neither the son of one of the dads involved. Of course, this was not well received and they saw the writing on the wall on the last game that I coached them. It is fine, because at the end they needed to see it by themselves.

They have a few very talented players that can score a goal here and there, and hence saved the odd game or as last season showed, get lucky with the Rinos throwing them a game. However, they style by now is completely gone. I really felt bad for Nick seeing him to struggle so much with a defense in complete disarray.

You have to remember that I spent about three years with them, so I know what motivates them. At this moment, they just want to say that they "were" in Premier. It really does not matter if they compete or not as people at parties or social groups do not know that they are being demolished week in and week out.

The take away from this experience is that "football" is truly a team sport. You can have talented players, but if you do not have a "system" or a way to communicate in the field or a game plan that is coherent, then you are not going to win consistently. After I saw them playing, to be honest they are at the level of a upper Division 2 team.

I, myself, am happy enjoying watching lot soccer, and also taking care of my partner, who at some moment was hospitalized. Life is short, so enjoy it and make the best meanwhile you can, specially you, young fellas.

I must say that what I miss the most is trolling the opposition here at the TTP. I did have a lot of fun, and this it what I regret not having now. I really looked forward to all the mud throwing, controversies, and arguments that we used to have. It was fun.

Wish you the best, and I hope that you still have the hot girlfriends supporting your team.
and just for all time sake....on the Rinos...

Some absolutely great points raised here no matter what level of soccer is being played if family is involved and there happens to be lots of favouring etc a great team or a team with great potential can fall apart. If anything It can serve as a great example to many other teams in the league

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some absolutely great points raised here no matter what level of soccer is being played if family is involved and there happens to be lots of favouring etc a great team or a team with great potential can fall apart. If anything It can serve as a great example to many other teams in the league

My 11 illegitimate boys we be playing for me
As soon as I get there ITC done

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone stop the runaway Rino's goal scoring machine at the top of the table? After Rovers dropped points, it is only Croatia who hold their fate in their own hands when it comes to the top of the table. As we barrel towards and eventual clash between the two top sides, we will see if both teams can remain undefeated. Meanwhile, things are starting to look rather bleak at the bottom of the league.

Completely Baseless Predictions - Week 8

Coquitlam Metro Ford v Croatia
The goalless drought for Metro Ford continued last weekend with a 1-0 loss to West Van. If they fail to score this weekend it will be a full calendar month since they have found the back of the net. Presumably talisman Carlo Basso is either not playing at the minute or is so smothered that he cannot offer anything in attack, as he has not scored since he banged in his third of the year in Metro Ford's 1-0 Week 2 win over Inter. Coquitlam now have the joint worst offensive record in Premier along with Richmond and Guildford and are hovering on the edge of the relegation places. Guildford and Campo still have no points, so it is hardly a crisis just yet, though their Division 1 affiliate Lupi's interested would be rather piqued if Wolves continue to get dragged towards the drop zone. That seems an unlikely scenario, but more concerning for the Tri-Cities crew is the fact that they are now losing ground on the Provincial Cup places and need to get back in form rather quickly to avoid being totally cut adrift. A tough week to have top of the league Croatia set for a visit to Charles Best. No offensive problems for the co-league leaders and they will get last season's VMSL Premier Golden Boot winner, David Malamura, back from suspension to bolster their attack. Croatia's real strength is the other side of the ball though, as they boast the best defensive record in the league. Not a good recipe for a Coquitlam team struggling to find the net. I would expect a 2-0 or something of that ilk in this one.

Club Inter EDC v West Van
Make this one the MOTW between a pair of upper mid-table teams looking to climb back into the title race. Still no Habib, but Inter found the cure for their offensive problems as only a last gasp Pavi Dhillon goal prevented them from taking all three points against defending champions Rovers last week. It was a fantastic game with the lead changing on multiple occasions. West Van had a similar match against Rovers on Opening Day, although they came out, somewhat harshly, on the losing end that day. The North Shore boys are the only team within striking distance of the leaders, with Inter and the rest of the pack starting to lose ground. Inter will be keen to keep up their goal scoring as ended a run of three games in a row where they were only able to score a lone tally. However, they are still without a win since they began the season 3-0-0. That heartbreaking loss to Rovers represents the only loss of the season for West Van and the once Trollers come into this one on the back of three straight wins. They are the form side, but it just feels like they might be due a slip while Inter are hungry for a win. Plus West Van have a couple of names on the naughty list this week. Should be a top contest here, and could definitely go either way, but maybe the circumstances are converging to just give Inter the slightest of edges.

CCB LFC v Rovers Tigers
When CCB were assembled in the off season it was done so expressly to beat Rino's Tigers and Rover Tigers. After a bright start the wheels are heading dangerously toward coming completely off for CCB. The only win they have manged in their last five outings was a thumping of basement dwellers Campo and they failed miserably in their attempts to go toe to toe with Rino's, beaten 4-0. Their latest setback was a 4-2 loss at the hands of newly promoted NorVan. The Surrey side's rumoured investors certainly cannot be satisfied with the return they are currently getting on their outlay with results like these piling up. Now they will take on local rivals and defending VMSL and Provincial Champions Rovers. The Champs hit the ground running in their return from capturing the National Championship in an entertaining 4-4 draw with Inter. Clearly offense is not a problem between these two, CCB have 22 goals to their name and Rovers, having played two fewer games, have scored 21 times. It follows then that a 0-0 seems an unlikely result here. It is, however, probably going to come down to which side can keep the ball out of their net. Neither side has a stellar defensive record, but defending has never really been a priority for either side as they often rely on scoring their way out of trouble. Look for a spicy affair at Newton Friday night, and it would not be at all surprising if this one finished as less than 11-aside. As for the points, it might well be a case of last goal wins and I will have to tip the Champions, based on their pedigree and the fact that CCB appear out of sorts at the minute.

Campo Atletico v Richmond Hibernian
A fixture of the utmost importance at the bottom of the table. Campo have been awful, there's no way to dress it up. However, it looks as though that surviving relegation will be a one out of three prospect. Guildford are winless and woeful as well and Richmond, if not for their shock win over Rino's, would be in the exact same boat. That win may just prove crucial in the final addition for Hibs, but for Campo this game represents a lifeline and a chance for a toehold on survival. They have been scoring goals of late, two in each of their last three games, and while the goals may be of no consequence, perhaps Campo can take some heart in them. Richmond are not scoring at all. They have not scored since week three, having been shutout over the previous four matches and goalkeeper-turned-striker Brad Caldwell has accounted for all four of their goals on the season. Richmond went through a similarly bleak run of form last season but were able to pull it together and get the points in the crucial games. This would meet the definition of a crucial game and a win would give them a six point cushion on relegation. Given how difficult it appears picking up points at the bottom end of the table will be, that could be a massive hill for their challengers to overcome. Both these sides beat the drop a year ago, this season it looks as though there is only room for one. There should be some desperate football on display in this one, but I will tip Hibs to come up with the goods when the chips are down again this time around.

Rino's Tigers v NorVan
A very intriguing fixture here. Tigers have been mauling teams left, right and centre this season, save for a bizarre outlier in a 2-1 loss to Richmond back in Week 2. Their 31 goals for through seven weeks is an average over four goals per game, a stat most NHL teams would be envious of, never mind a football team. Logically they boast the league's leading goal scorer Declan Rodriguez, who had another brace in their latest eviscerating, this time they took apart last place Campo 8-2, and ran his tally to 11 on the season. Rino's also boast another pair of players inside the top five in league scoring with Alberto Cirac-Perez and Erik Edwardson sitting on eight and six goals respectively; they both also had braces against Campo. NorVan have been punching above their weight following their Opening Day thumping at the hands of Croatia, who sit tied atop the division with Rino's. The other North Shore crew is showing that they belong at this level and, with the struggles of some of the perennial Provincial Cup participants, the door just might be open for NorVan to make the post season tournament. You could forgive them if they might be thinking that, in the long run, this might be a game that they can let go against top class opposition who are bang in form. That being said, Rino's are prone to the occasion "WTF" moment, so there is something in this one that maybe makes you think it might not be totally straight forward. Overall though, any way you do the math Rino's are objectively favourites this week (and most weeks really...).

Guildford v Pegasus
One more Surrey derby rounds out the action this weekend and it is a chance for Pegasus to put their horror show start to the season well and truly behind them. They have won two straight against Guildford's relegation threatened compatriots and, in doing so, have clawed themselves out of the group at the bottom of the table. Another win this week would move them onto 10 points and allow them to begin looking up the table, rather than back over their shoulder, ahead of another potentially winnable match against Metro Ford. Guildford just have not been able to rise to the occasion so far this season. With their relegation rivals Campo and Richmond going head to head this week, at least one of those sides will be picking up points, so the new boys had better start finding ways to put some results on the board themselves. They will play Campo and Richmond over the next two weeks, so this is essentially make or break time for Guildford. Can they emulate Peg and do the double over the other relegation candidates? We shall have to wait and see, but if they can, then there is no reason to think that they cannot keep pace with their local neighbours this week. It would be a strong message to send the rest of the league, particularly the teams around them at the bottom. Based on everything so far this season though, it is tough to see that happening here.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey VMSL I always appreciate a chance to grow the brand but it's "Canucks" with an "s"...

Also there some intellectual property rights, just saying, unless @Regs gave you permission. @GoF always asks....

Whoever's on here from the VMSL BoD maybe shoot me a direct message :cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No permission to give on my part, but if there was, I'd ask to at least link back to TTP :)

Then again, I don't think anyone linked back to Azzi's fabled reports back in the day so... fair play :wa:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Tigers are playing a very impressive game. Scored 32 goals and received only 7! What a hell of an AMATEUR team....a true Cinderella Story...
Is the VMSL board and BC Soccer really not aware that they are been taken for a ride?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for @Canucks4Ever and @GoF , you do a great job at propaganda for the VMSL. I enjoy your readings...I truly compliment you...having said this...can you engage in a bit of journalism and investigate the issue rather than pretend always that everything is great in the VMSL...and to some degree cover up the obvious...

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for @Canucks4Ever and @GoF , you do a great job at propaganda for the VMSL. I enjoy your readings...I truly compliment you...having said this...can you engage in a bit of journalism and investigate the issue rather than pretend always that everything is great in the VMSL...and to some degree cover up the obvious...

You are a very entertaining guy to bad you are not coaching anymore.....
Rino's is having a heck of a year and why not let them enjoy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0