Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
How come when I bring up Blaise at Rinos paying players it doesn’t get discussed further. This league is so corrupt it’s scary. No FVSL team pays players but 3-4 vmsl premier teams pay players and question the integrity of people I’m question and recreational/amateur soccer in the lower mainland. Then we mock FVSL for being a second tier league. Well no wonder people say that the best players are making 300-750 a game for sides in VMSL. Then we idealize these corrupt guys like they’re gods. Let’s stand up against this, it’s a rule you cannot pay players to play amateur soccer through BC Soccer. If you want to hand out contract and be a big honcho. Try getting an actual professional coaching or managerial job.
[
No fvsl team pays players.
How come when I bring up Blaise at Rinos paying players it doesn’t get discussed further. This league is so corrupt it’s scary. No FVSL team pays players but 3-4 vmsl premier teams pay players and question the integrity of people I’m question and recreational/amateur soccer in the lower mainland. Then we mock FVSL for being a second tier league. Well no wonder people say that the best players are making 300-750 a game for sides in VMSL. Then we idealize these corrupt guys like they’re gods. Let’s stand up against this, it’s a rule you cannot pay players to play amateur soccer through BC Soccer. If you want to hand out contract and be a big honcho. Try getting an actual professional coaching or managerial job.
E
then let’s be open about it. This is a rumour based site. Who do you know in FVSL who pays their players?
a better question is who in the Fvsl doesn't pay their players.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
a better question is who in the Fvsl doesn't pay their players.

I know for a fact Coastal FC, Surrey United, SAFC, Langley United don’t pay their players.

CCB Azad, Vancouver United, PMO and Abbotsford United I couldn’t tell you. Both CCB and Vanu hopefully aren’t paying the guys... would be such a waste of money after watching those two teams.

I know for a fact 3 top teams in vmsl forsure pay their players.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
May we please have these "facts" so that we can take this to the league and demand action?

Or is this just more hyperbole and supposition?

Which 3 teams?

nick soolsma is paid, Victory will be paid by CCB after UBC and Blaise offered to pay 2 of my good friends prior to the season kicking off.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
nick soolsma is paid, Victory will be paid by CCB after UBC and Blaise offered to pay 2 of my good friends prior to the season kicking off.
Soolsma is paid to be the coach of Rovers. Call it fine lines if you want, and it certainly is a grey area, but most coaches at this level are paid, especially the ones that are part of large clubs with established youth programs. Do Rovers pay Soolsma over the odds because he is also a stud of a player? Probably. Should that preclude him from playing? Tough to say. He does run their practices etc. so he is "coaching" in some aspects. Obviously it is impossible to delineate where exactly the coaching stops and the playing begins, but I have a tough time reconciling Rovers with the other teams that "pay" their players. Soolsma is certainly tight with this group as it is not like the money he gets is pulling him away from some other team he would be playing for instead. Again, very grey area. However, nobody else on Rovers is compensated as far as I am aware. (Also @Regs FYI @robj is no longer with Rovers. He parted ways with them over the summer and actually, I believe, ran for a spot on the VMSL board, but was unsuccessful).

Rino's are now somewhat of an enigma. There were strong inferences that they were compensating players when they first got into Premier and of course Blaise makes a sizable sum for his "coaching." It is worth noting that Blaise is not the man with the purse strings, it is the mysterious "Dr. Mohammed" who was the man long thought to be funding the Tigers operation. He seems to have disappeared into the background somewhat over recent seasons. I heard from a reliable source that Elie Gindo was lured to Rino's by the promise of cash compensation last season, however, the main thing Rino's like to flout nowadays are Blaise's overseas and other professional connections. Looking at their roster this season, despite being top of the league, who would you pay other than Torabi? The group is mostly young guys, presumably recruited through Blaise's accademy, most, if not all, with aspirations of playing professionally. Most of their former standout players who were rumoured to be getting paid (Declan Rodrigues, Connor MacMillan, etc.) have left the club to pursue other actual professional opportunities. Gindo and Yli-Hietanen, plus supposedly the Polisis, have all traded in Rino's for CCB this season, so what does that say? I am not saying there is not money at Rino's, I am just saying it looks to be less clear cut than in the past perhaps. Maybe Dr. Mohammed has realized that paying players in an amateur league offers no return on his investment.

CCB are likely the most cut and dry example of a team that "pays" its players. That being said, no one has ever been able to prove it. There are copious rumours and plenty of anecdotal evidence based on the guys they attract, but not one shred of actionable proof. They have long be presumed to be a band of mercenaries and their roster and results have reflected that over the years with the team often struggling to field a team once their chances for trophies have faded. There were significant rumours of a large cash injection to the team last summer and their recruiting certainly seemed to back that up, but despite plenty of clamoring nobody produced any type of proof that the league could use. Instead, some people simply demanded action based purely on rumour and hearsay evidence.

So around and around we go on this carousel. Many people have professed to "know for sure" that players are being paid by a certain team, but no one ever does fcuk all about it. It often goes hand in hand with success. Inter and Chile used to be accused when they were winning Provincial titles, but now that they are no longer perennial contenders, suddenly no one "knows" anything about them any longer, despite the squads having many of the same players and management. At some point, it is either time to shite or get off the pot. Let's gather the evidence and hang these cheaters. Otherwise, shut up and get on with it.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soolsma is paid to be the coach of Rovers. Call it fine lines if you want, and it certainly is a grey area, but most coaches at this level are paid, especially the ones that are part of large clubs with established youth programs. Do Rovers pay Soolsma over the odds because he is also a stud of a player? Probably. Should that preclude him from playing? Tough to say. He does run their practices etc. so he is "coaching" in some aspects. Obviously it is impossible to delineate where exactly the coaching stops and the playing begins, but I have a tough time reconciling Rovers with the other teams that "pay" their players. Soolsma is certainly tight with this group as it is not like the money he gets is pulling him away from some other team he would be playing for instead. Again, very grey area. However, nobody else on Rovers is compensated as far as I am aware. (Also @Regs FYI @robj is no longer with Rovers. He parted ways with them over the summer and actually, I believe, ran for a spot on the VMSL board, but was unsuccessful).

Rino's are now somewhat of an enigma. There were strong inferences that they were compensating players when they first got into Premier and of course Blaise makes a sizable sum for his "coaching." It is worth noting that Blaise is not the man with the purse strings, it is the mysterious "Dr. Mohammed" who was the man long thought to be funding the Tigers operation. He seems to have disappeared into the background somewhat over recent seasons. I heard from a reliable source that Elie Gindo was lured to Rino's by the promise of cash compensation last season, however, the main thing Rino's like to flout nowadays are Blaise's overseas and other professional connections. Looking at their roster this season, despite being top of the league, who would you pay other than Torabi? The group is mostly young guys, presumably recruited through Blaise's accademy, most, if not all, with aspirations of playing professionally. Most of their former standout players who were rumoured to be getting paid (Declan Rodrigues, Connor MacMillan, etc.) have left the club to pursue other actual professional opportunities. Gindo and Yli-Hietanen, plus supposedly the Polisis, have all traded in Rino's for CCB this season, so what does that say? I am not saying there is not money at Rino's, I am just saying it looks to be less clear cut than in the past perhaps. Maybe Dr. Mohammed has realized that paying players in an amateur league offers no return on his investment.

CCB are likely the most cut and dry example of a team that "pays" its players. That being said, no one has ever been able to prove it. There are copious rumours and plenty of anecdotal evidence based on the guys they attract, but not one shred of actionable proof. They have long be presumed to be a band of mercenaries and their roster and results have reflected that over the years with the team often struggling to field a team once their chances for trophies have faded. There were significant rumours of a large cash injection to the team last summer and their recruiting certainly seemed to back that up, but despite plenty of clamoring nobody produced any type of proof that the league could use. Instead, some people simply demanded action based purely on rumour and hearsay evidence.

So around and around we go on this carousel. Many people have professed to "know for sure" that players are being paid by a certain team, but no one ever does fcuk all about it. It often goes hand in hand with success. Inter and Chile used to be accused when they were winning Provincial titles, but now that they are no longer perennial contenders, suddenly no one "knows" anything about them any longer, despite the squads having many of the same players and management. At some point, it is either time to shite or get off the pot. Let's gather the evidence and hang these cheaters. Otherwise, shut up and get on with it.

lets hang them.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shame on you @robj

Fcuking union thugs :rolleyes:
Lol I laugh at this shite on a daily basis.

Regs stop giving out memberships to keyboard warriors. Nick is not and has never been paid as a player by the Hurricanes. Nick is one of the most loyal guys I have ever met, teams are always after him but he has stayed. Think about this, if Nick wanted to get paid and supposedly if players were getting paid why wouldn’t he leave for another team that may or may not offer him a shite load of money. And trust me there are teams with shite loads of money in this league. There is nothing to keep him from leaving the Hurricanes but he stayed and for that and the rest of the guys on that team I stayed for years. Loyalty and Integrity mean a lot and Nick has it. All you have to look at is player movement. shite every top player in clubs have stayed where they are look at guys like Basso and Johnny Sulentic and many more. No one has accused them of receiving money cause they don’t. I lost players over the years that were offered money I don’t begrudge them they left. The grass wasn’t greener and they tried to come back and we said no. Loyalty is more important to me and having guys play for a team and club because of the crest not for money. Money is the root of all evil. shite I’ve been offered money to manage other teams and said no. I want players to play for me and over the years it’s just caused frustration to the point of finally saying I’m done. I did run for the VMSL board and wasn’t successful but hey that’s democracy. FVSL are no saints. If I can recall 2011/2012 there was a super team in the fvsl that took two of my players away from me for money. I know this cause they personally told me that was the reason they were leaving. They were a team of stars taken from other VMSL teams. Being in this league a long time both player and manager this shite doesn’t just happen in the vmsl. It happens in the Fraser valley as well as it did back in the pacific coast soccer league days when they held a Provincial spot.

While I have your attention, I want to congratulate CCB on keeping the trophy where it belongs, here in BC! Well done boys and kudos for your run I’m memory of Brandon. He was smiling upon you that day.

VMSL should run 10 teams in Premier. It’s too watered down and seems like the same teams go up and down. It would also mean less player movement.

My two bits.

Last edited:

Sunday League Gaffer

Oct 23, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money

You are right, having players tell you they are getting paid is rumours... Give your head a shake

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right, having players tell you they are getting paid is rumours... Give your head a shake
Are any of those players willing to walk into the league and say "Team X is paying me this amount of money?". In 40+ years I don't believe that has ever happened. Does anyone have texts or emails or other communication directly from the teams in question discussing payments to players?

So what the hell is the league supposed to do?

If I walk in and say "Team X is paying Player Y money to play for them and I 'know' because he told me" is the league suppose to simply believe me and immediately sanction the team and player?

Doesn't that seem like a slippery slope? Why wouldn't that team that is already cheating just turn around and lie and say they were told I pay my players too? I refer you to everyone's favourite ITC drama to demonstrate how teams react when they are accused of cheating.

I am not for one second denying that there are very likely teams paying their players. I've been around plenty long enough. In fact, one of the best things is the fact that more often than not we all get to witness the team allegedly paying their players often fall flat on their faces. CCB actually winning something this year is largely the exception rather than the rule.

What I am saying is this constant moaning about it gets incredibly tiresome. All sort of people are happy to come on here and assert that they "know" that certain teams are paying their players. However, not a single one of them has ever had the gaull to go to the league and layout the proof. Again, proof would need to be more than just your personal assertion that you "know" something. Proof would need to be something the league or BC Soccer or CSA or whatever governing body can stick in the accused team's face and say your guilty.

So, if you or anybody else has the proof let's get it out there and actually do something about this instead of just bemoaning the fact that we "know" it is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts