Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Rumors I'll throw out on the back step and see if the cat nips at em'

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dudelove said:
From what I remember, the older guys at Inter were angry that the younger guys were taking their spots in the starting eleven. Inter realized that most of these players were past their prime and therefore needed to be replaced.

From what I remember, the team captain left and the "older" guys followed their team captain.

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since the "old" guys left Inter, they have jumped around to two different teams and have won nothing. Another two are playing over 35s and you.....where are you? It is like Waldo...Where is Waldo?....Where is Phil Zaurrini?

From playing against Inter, they definitely are a strong fit, young good side and will be dominant for many years to come.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I remember it, the team captain followed his brother who failed to play more than 15 minutes a game for a season and a half and the Inter coaching staff decided that first of all having a cuccione on your team will never guarantee you silverware and the youth players such as Kevin C., corazza, sheldan, marrello, anklebreaker, and many more were a more effective way to go for the future of the club. Since then Inter has been a dominant premeier team year in and year out with the likes of surrey, and correct me if i'm wrong they are the defending league champions. i think teams like MF and Sapp have followed Inter and Surrey's lead, unfortunately guys like you Zaurrini don't last forever. its a shame, but its true!

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do believe Mr Cuccione has one BC Championship Medal in his back pocket....... 1998.... Of course not with the Inter boy's (none), but with a team that has a few silver mugs in their cabinet.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spacamuro said:
As I remember it, the team captain followed his brother who failed to play more than 15 minutes a game for a season and a half and the Inter coaching staff decided that first of all having a cuccione on your team will never guarantee you silverware and the youth players such as Kevin C., corazza, sheldan, marrello, anklebreaker, and many more were a more effective way to go for the future of the club. Since then Inter has been a dominant premeier team year in and year out with the likes of surrey, and correct me if i'm wrong they are the defending league champions. i think teams like MF and Sapp have followed Inter and Surrey's lead, unfortunately guys like you Zaurrini don't last forever. its a shame, but its true!

As you remember? I would love to know who you are....

It is a shame that we dont last forever...

Cuccione, I would have on my team any day.
He is a winner. Period. Is he better than X player or Y player...maybe not. But he is a winner.
Kevin C and Corrazza are solid players....and Inter have done well to compete since the 'old' guys left. But there are only two cups that matter. The imperial (kind of) and the BC Championship.

Dude,
Fil Zaurrini has settled in the Valley. Nicely I might add.
With work comettments and fmaily commitments it is a perfect fit. The 'old' guys lost to the eventual BC Champs....is that so Bad?

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I might not have the playing history like you do Zaurrini but I do know that a good mix of youth and maturity wins championships-imperial cup is a useless cup as far as i'm concerned-you win the provincial cup you are the champs no doubt but to win that all you need is 4 good games (look at sporting)-the league represents consistency over the course of the season and is a very hard thing to do especially if you are near the top of the table every year. In actuality, the league cup is the hardest cup to win and some would argue the most important.

As for the "old" guys of the old Inter, they have either won nothing on each team they have played with or they aren't playing at all, unless you count playing in the VALLEY

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for the record, I would have Cuccione on my team anyday. He has always provided hunger and grit, traits that the "new generation" or "young" players lack-i know the joke is that you can't win with him on your team but i would take him anyday on my team. As far as I'm concerned, he could still help a lot of premier players and was probably the most effective player of the "old" Inter guys to leave

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"All you need is 4 good games, look at Sporting"

You make it sound like we have done nothing the past few years. Let me remind you that we won provincials after being in the prem for only 4 years. Our first year we struggled to survive, our 2nd year we won our side, our 3rd year we tied Surrey for tops on our side, and last year we had coaching staff trouble, but got it sorted out just in time to win Provincials. We have a great young squad as well and we will be dangerous for years to come.

Cheers,
Gomes

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 consecutive 0-0 ties does not warrant the word 'dangerous'. From the games I have seen, you guys are a decent team with some good talent, however to classify your team in the top portion of the league is a bit ambitious.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Rumors I'll throw out on the back step and see if the cat nips at

gomesy_jr said:
"All you need is 4 good games, look at Sporting"

You make it sound like we have done nothing the past few years. Let me remind you that we won provincials after being in the prem for only 4 years. Our first year we struggled to survive, our 2nd year we won our side, our 3rd year we tied Surrey for tops on our side, and last year we had coaching staff trouble, but got it sorted out just in time to win Provincials. We have a great young squad as well and we will be dangerous for years to come.

Cheers,
Gomes

Spacamuro,

No where in gomesy statement does it state that we classify ourselves in the top of the VMSL after 4-5 years.

As for you classification of dangerous, does it mean that the dangerous teams are always winning 5 - 0 and above??

I would say that it is more difficult in premier to keep a team scoreless then it is too hammer home 2 or 3 goals. Many others may agree.

Cheers
JB
:knvb:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by J_B
I would say that it is more difficult in premier to keep a team scoreless then it is too hammer home 2 or 3 goals. Many others may agree.
BTW, Knowone, Lion and myself showed up for your match on Sunday and found out it was cancelled due to field conditions... That really is a shame, however most of you Sporting lads fcuked off ASAP... I'll give Mini D credit, as always one of the best performers on and off the pitch...

"I would say that it is more difficult in premier to leave right away to see the missus and still not score then it is too hammer her home after 2 or 3 pints. Many others may agree.

Merry Christmas JB!!!;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
"I would say that it is more difficult in premier to leave right away to see the missus and still not score then it is too hammer her home after 2 or 3 pints. Many others may agree."
That's beautiful. You should write Valentine's Day cards, Guinney.:D

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe you are right, 4 consecutive 0-0 games may not warrant the word "dangerous", but we didn't have 4 consecutive 0-0 ties. Our game against Burnaby was actually 5-4 :D .

Anyways, if you can hold teams to zero goals, you are a dangerous team. 26 goals for in 10 games isn't bad either.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0