Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Rumours 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Noticed that as I was going through the Pickem matchups - I would imagine it's now a different group, I mean, would Croatia change their name to East Van SC?

That question is probably for Mr. Base since he usually knows very well situation in those ethnic teams.

Now, it is very interesting that the "new" team's name is Bby Selects White Eagles A so it seems that word "Serbian" is completely dropped which can only mean that the team is not managed by Serbians anymore (or the "owner" sold or lend the rights to another club).
Isn't that the same situation as the one that involves CCB and Pacific United? Maybe not because CCB still exists while Pacific United got a Premier league spot but something similar.
Anyway, it appears nothing can be done about things like that because the league spot (as per explanation we could read around here) belongs to an individual listed on the team's form (so not to the team, not to the club but to an individual which is dead wrong but no one seems to care about that in VMSL).

That is exactly why we can have a situation in which suddenly a newly formed club (i.e. Pacific United) gets a Premier league spot or Burnaby Selects get a Division 2 spot. How fair is that to other teams that have to start in Division 3?

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-18_10-48-45.png
    upload_2015-9-18_10-48-45.png
    97 KB · Views: 41

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is exactly why we can have a situation in which suddenly a newly formed club (i.e. Pacific United) gets a Premier league spot or Burnaby Selects get a Division 2 spot. How fair is that to other teams that have to start in Division 3?

Probably no less fair that Fraser Valley Soccer League giving West Van a spot in their Premier Division.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
.Now, it is very interesting that the "new" team's name is Bby Selects White Eagles A so it seems that word "Serbian" is completely dropped which can only mean that the team is not managed by Serbians anymore

The real losers here are the reserve firework stands.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably no less fair that Fraser Valley Soccer League giving West Van a spot in their Premier Division.

That too! What happened to the competition and teams trying to get promoted?

To be clear, I do not think there is an issue that Tigers "merged" with Rino's (and that Premier league spot should now belong to Rino's as a club) but there will be an issue, in my opinion, if Tigers next year move from Rino's and join another club (or compete as Tigers team again) which can easily happen if the name on the "list" if the one that relates to somebody from former Tigers. That is what should be prevented by the league and that would protect the interests of each club/team that actually competes every year (to get promoted). Simple, isn't it?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Competition and trying to get promoted certainly does still exist, but it's something that is time limited. This is due to the fact that player loyalty is virtually non-existent these days. Most individual players have no interest in working their way up from Div 3 to Premier with a team when they know they could just tryout for a higher level team and make it.

As for the clubs, you have to realize that aside from the truly big ones like Surrey United and Metro Ford, these entities are in fact just a result of the hard work of a few very dedicated people. If those people leave the club usually ceases to exist... examples over the last while would be Burnaby Canadians, Sporting, and now Vancouver Olympics.

salute

Jul 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somewhere there in Surrey exist a group of players who are playing together for four years and some even longer, sticking together like the flies on the jam and they are just having fun...... and I would say the fun is just starting.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we sure the White Eagles are no longer Serbian? Wouldn't they have thrown out the "White Eagles" moniker?

And speaking of the White Eagles... I see they've forfeited their Saturday match.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did not look very Serbian or Eastern European on the last game. It seems that the Burnaby Selects took over or received the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0