Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 [VMSL U-21 Div] Results & Banter - 2005/2006

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite a few notable teams missing from the U-21's this year.

Surrey, Club Ireland, Croatia -- all gone this year.

What's the deal?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL U-21 Div] Results & Banter - September

Keeper said:
Quite a few notable teams missing from the U-21's this year.

Surrey, Club Ireland, Croatia -- all gone this year.

What's the deal?
Doesn't this change every year?? We are having our second go with a U21 team and so far looks like it wil be much more successfull than our first go. The key this year is we have a dedicated coach not trying to play in the club as well.

Club I seem to have lost players and just merged their U21 players into the club. That is my guess there. I think the loss of U21 has to do a little with the masters being added now so a few players have moved on there leaving holes behind to be filled by U21 (younger ) players.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, can anyone explain to me what has happened during the last week or two? At some point, without notice or explanation, Sikh Temple U-21 has vanished. I assume they must've folded due to all their defaults towards their later stages. Now, however, there are two (2!) U-21 Westside teams. Westside Rino U-21 -- the one we all know and love, and a new Westside Rino B. Is the Westside Rino B from Div 1 CAT? Are they doing double duty (I can't fathom this), or does Westside now have two legitimate U-21 teams?

~In the dark.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, if you want to know what's going on just give our manager a call, I'm sure he'd be pleased to explain it to you :rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure. I was thinking of emailing him too, but I don't think he's even mastered pen & paper yet. Last I heard, he's still etching in stone.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well apparently we cut some guys, but they just wouldn't go away... They kept following us to practice like a lost puppy that follows you home. They looked so cute kicking the ball with their two left feet that we decided to give them a team of their own.

I think they're pretty tight on numbers, so hopefully they don't end up defaulting like Sikh. Worst case scenario, they'll actually have to use the two over-age players they're allowed in league games. I think that could be our threat to guys who don't show up to practice... "We'll send you to play for the U-21 'B' team this week!"

And no, I can't give you a roster

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match report from Hillcrest today goes something likes this...

Vancouver Olympics have an absolute meltdown and the game ends up getting called when after their 4th red card they no longer have enough players on the field.

Unless something drastic happens tomorrow night at Confed. Turf, it looks like we'll see Westside vs. BBY in one semi and an all North Shore battle in the other.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will Shaheen set the all-time record for giving up the most goals in a season? Rumour has it their new strategy is to line up all 11 players on their goal line in hopes of stopping a few shots.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp's U21 team defeated City FC 2-1 in a Cup game on the weekend. City's Senior team palys Sapp's senior team in Imperial Cup play next weekend.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amazing that the U21 Cup means diddly when it comes to Provincials. Open is 4 from league, 4 from Imperial, in Masters it's 2 from league, 4 from Cup, but U21 its 4 from league and ZERO from Cup!

What's the point in even playing the Cup? What a waste of time and it showed in one of the games I saw.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not like the U21 Cup finalists are ever outside the top 4 in league anyway...

But then it's not just the U21 Cup that isn't worth playing. It seems like half the season is a waste of time because the league is so watered down... There's never more than 2 or 3 teams with a chance to win the league/cup.

I don't really understand why big clubs that have solid youth connections to draw from aren't running U21 teams... Surrey, MF, Norvan, ICSF, etc.

If they took the graduating youth players and put them into U21 it would become a competitive division again, but what's happening now? They are playing Div 1 CAT???

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0