Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 [VMSL U-21] Results & Banter - 2007/2008

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
After missing out last week with the closure of PG Turf, we finally got to kickoff the rebirth of Westside Rino U21... with yours truly filling in at the helm no less :cool:

Rino was out to catch the action and the boys didn't disappoint. A 4-0 win over the Meralomas which could have easily been 6 or 7 if their finishing was a bit better.

Even though the BBY Canadians sit atop the group at the moment, my ASS informs me that half the team only speaks Spanish and the other half only English. This can't be good for team cohesion. I'm going to make an early prediction and say that there will be a 1-2 Westside finish in this division.

I see that Sapp defaulted their game this week... WAB, PV either of you around to let us know what's going on out in the Royal City? Are the boys going to have a game next weekend?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were forced to deafult because we were 5 minutes late trying to register our 7 new players who don't speak English, so we only had 7 registered players. We'll have a full team next week, we may even have some Brazilians if we can sneak them through the border. We did play a friendly with Burnaby which they won 1-0.
I see that only a few clubs have both CAT and U21 teams. I guess its easier to poach players than to develop them. That's too bad for youngsters coming out of U18 or those finishing their college and university seasons.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's unfortunate that you couldn't get the new players registered in time. I thought the VMSL exec wanted to help keep the U21 div going and would have bent over backwards to help you guys out.... guess not. Anyway, good luck this season!

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westide and Sapp are the only Premier clubs with U21 teams, but 4 other clubs have stepped up and entered U21 teams. Westside and Sapp also have CAT teams. Some Premier teams don't have either CAt or U21 teams.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well technically Coquitlam-MF have two U21 teams as well, but theirs play in the Valley.

I agree, there is definitely something wrong with the development system in Vancouver where so few of the top clubs are willing to put in the effort.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Westside team thumped Burnaby 9-1 on the weekend. Burnaby players, the english speaking and non-english speaking understoof they sucked.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Westside team should clinch 1st place by seasons end, but I predict Sapp will end in 2nd, now that they have a Brazillian who netted 2 goals on Saturday. More roster changes may be made when the College and Uni seasons end.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sapp U21 team tied the Sapp Div 1 CAT team in a friendly yesterday. Both teams were short players and are looking for new quality players, such as those playing college or university soccer.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV, that's two lopsided results against your boys in a row after your prophetic revelation... did your brazilian get deported or something?

The battle of Westside took place at PG yesterday afternoon and ended up 2-1 in favour of those known as the Rangers. I only caught a bit of the game, but I was surprised to see very few returning players from last year's league champs. Looking forward to the rematch and re-rematch.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,

From what I understand, quite a few of last year's Westside U-21 team are playing CAT Div 1 for Westside FC B. I missed the game yesterday but hope to catch a future darby...with so many coming up the odds are pretty good.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV, that's two lopsided results against your boys in a row after your prophetic revelation... did your brazilian get deported or something?
It takes hard work and time to change things. Today Sapp took a small step in that direction sqeaking out a 7-0 win over Burnaby. The score is not an indication of the play of the Burnaby goalie, he made many excellent saves, but his team let him down giving up many many breakaways, 2on1s , 3 on 2s etc.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 1 - 0 Westside (Rangers)

A decent game out at David Lam this afternoon. Both teams had good chances, but the difference was a fantastic header off a corner right at the end of the first half. This potentially sets up a winner take all matchup at the end of the year in the makeup of what should have been the first game of the season.

Anyway, like I said at the beginning of the year. Westside to get the 1-2 finish in U21.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 4 - 0 Meralomas

My second game in charge of the u21's this season produced an identical 4-0 victory over the 'lomas. I'd like to say that my brilliant tactical moves played a part in this, but realistically our boys are simply better.

I was surprised to see Rangers FC post a 4-1 win over the other Westside team. Blazearmy were you at the game?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes i was at the game. I too, would like to think my genius coaching abilities won us this game as our u21 "head Coach" was unavailable for this game. I can take no credit fo this as all i did was freeze my ass on the sidelines and hold the sideline flag and shout out a few instructions.

Westside only had 10 guys, while we had 12. I don't know if them having 11 would have made a huge difference as we had our best performance of the year. all the stuff we have been working on with our guys seemed to be finally getting into their heads. Only 1-0 at the half but much of the play in their end or the middle of the field as we tried to actually keep possession of the ball instead of hitting long passes. We have been working on getting guys back and hitting teams on the counterattack and that seemed to wholly frustrate the Westside guys as every time they went forward they had guys on them and were unable to get any opening on the flanks. The second half sw us start to open it up and get the our 2nd, 3rd and 4th before Westside hit back with an absolute cracker near the end.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
[VMSL U-21 - 2007/08] Westside Rino - League Champions

Westside Rino 2 - 1 Westside FC (Rangers)

Westside Rino are the 2007-08 U21 league champs!!

After pissing away an opportunity to win the league last week, our boys still only needed a tie to secure 1st spot in the league. They did one better though as they came out strong and put away their only real competition this season. This is a great achievement for a group of players and coaching staff that is new to the league. Looking forward to more success in cup play.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0