Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which Club has the best fields

M

Mal

I,ve moved from Toronto to BC and I,ve seen the awesome fields at Metro Ford Coquitlam and Newton Athletic park during the College soccer championships.
Which clubs in lower mainland have the best fields and facilities.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United-Fire Fighters have the Cloverdale Athletic Park grass pitch and Peace Arch United have a stellar grass pitch as well. For me those are hands down the best around. Maybe Guinness, who is affiliated with PAU, missed the question portion of your post when replying as I was surprised he didn't give you anything by way of good pitches.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove has a nice grass complex complete with changerooms, same with PAU's facility at south surrey athletic with grass and turf, I would say those two would be the best. Chilliwacks Exhibition Stadium is top notch

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch United @ South Surrey Athletic Park has my pick just edging out Surrey United @ Cloverdale Athletic Park due to less Throwball/Pointyball activities and because The Pubs in close Proximity to SSAP > CAP.

Strathcona and Hjorth Rd are a close third place :p

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hjorth #2 is brand new and Hjorth #1 is a year old. They have brand new changing room's and The Guilford Station Pub is a few blocks away.

Strathcona is nice but people live there.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My comment about Hjorth is that it, along with Tom Binnie, are pretty much, along with where Strathcona is, the proverbial arsehole neighborhoods of the lower mainland. :)

being a few blocks away from anything good is never quite good enough. I know this. I work "a few blocks away" from the sewage treatment plant on Annacis Island :D

~Shitty deal.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The plus side is when you kick a ball over the fence at Binnie, usually one of the hookers or johns stops and gets the ball from the needle infested lot:D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch United @ South Surrey Athletic Park has my pick just edging out Surrey United @ Cloverdale Athletic Park due to less Throwball/Pointyball activities and because The Pubs in close Proximity to SSAP > CAP.

Strathcona and Hjorth Rd are a close third place :p

I think the other way between Cloverdale & South Surrey. I like Cloverdale because the pitch is waaay nicer as I find SSA fairly hard at times. Also, the clubhouse at Cloverdale is quality and the changerooms are bigger than SSA.

~VMSLforever :D

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the other way between Cloverdale & South Surrey. I like Cloverdale because the pitch is waaay nicer as I find SSA fairly hard at times. Also, the clubhouse at Cloverdale is quality and the changerooms are bigger than SSA.

~VMSLforever :D

Surrey Utd have 2 good turf fields and a brilliant grass field where the open team play . The clubhouse and other facilites are excellent and they are centrally located for all fields.
Surrey Youth have 3 turf fields and 5 top grass fields and a nice double storey clubhouse.. The new turf field is brilliant and a covered grandstand is under construction.
Hjorth- 2 top turf fields with new washrooms but the grass fields are poor.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I,ve moved from Toronto to BC and I,ve seen the awesome fields at Metro Ford Coquitlam and Newton Athletic park during the College soccer championships.
Which clubs in lower mainland have the best fields and facilities.

Word on the street is that Coquitlam Town Centre may be upgrading the two grass fields and possibly putting another turf field just south of the stadium where the works yard is. Rumour also has the lot beside Douglas College could be used as an indoor centre, but just rumour. Baseball would then be moved to a baseball only area (such as Mundy Park). Plus with the new clubhouse and restaurant right in the centre of the complex that will also be going in would make it the premier complex in the province.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0