Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps and Lilley

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know there isn't a ton of Whitecaps banter here, but the caps are on a major slide...

Rumours abound in USL Cirlces that if Yallop doesn;t get his act together and he is relaced by Juergen Klinnsmen at the LA GAlaxy that Franky is a natural replacement for Bob Lilley.

The game last night (On Shaw) was pathetic.

Lilley plays a 5-3-2 at home!? Keeper (Rich Goddard) can't keep his goal kicks in bounds...

Team only looks decent once Lilley returns to a 4-4-2 through subs after 65 minutes and Valente scores...

He has traded away half of the side for new guys and they still can't get a win, I think they are winless in 9 now and sit in 6th place behind Puerto Rico for crying out loud...

sad times for the Caps

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Cap's vs. Seattle match, and whoever the young lanky keeper they have now is was ter-ri-ble. Honestly, I can think of several in both the VMSL & FVSL Premier that would be significant upgrades.

Cap's up 2-1 in dying seconds, free kick awarded about 25 yards. Granted a nice direct free kick but the kid got over, but for whatever reason didn't get either hand on it. It was a terrible display of goalkeeping.

He also looked caught off guard and suspect on the 1st goal that night.

I don't know...they have issues in net to start with, and when you can't trust the keeper to make the basic saves, you're already down a goal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yallop would be a better replacement in say Toronto than here UNLESS he is pretty sure Vancouver will get a MLS franchise soon... and they will not be getting one soon.

From last night's match that I saw, 2 things stood out - (1) Clarkey is NOT a centreback and (2) JJ needs to cut back on the Skittles :D I know he is just coming back from a long-term injury, but man... how can you insert him in that shape?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JJ is in far better shape than the beginning of the season, he has shed some weight for sure.

Pfannenstiel is the keeper that let the piss poor tying goal in, he has now been relegated behind Goddard (the Guy that can't keep the goalkicks in the park)

They sure miss Caig who took off home for personal issues and looks to sign with Gretna of the Scottish Pub League.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JJ was HUGE. Seriously, 15-20 pounds heavy. He struggled to get to loose balls, and when he did, was knocked off easily. He's a strong guy, but you could tell that the pace was too taxing.

Again, referring to the Seattle match.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
(1) Clarkey is NOT a centreback

And you're telling me that Diaz Kambere is? Watching him with Metro Ford in the VMSL he was not that great as last man back and yesterday he got skinned bad on the goal or at least it's what it looked like from behind the net. Goalkeeping and the center backs need sorting out.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually no I'm not telling you Diaz Kambere is. I thought it was pretty clear what I said :D

Pretty sure it was Clarkey the striker beat before unleashing that rocket of a strike from 25yrds?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well both center backs got beat on that goal didn't see who the second guy was so it probably was Clarke. Both goals were nice but piss poor defending led to the Puerto Rico goal. Then again with the chances the Whitecaps had it should have been at least 2-0 at halftime.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looked like the Whitecaps didn't adjust to being down a center midfield as Ze Roberto had to go off for stitches. There was this big hole up the middle.
With Joey Goertsen gone the Caps didn't have any pace to them up front. It was neat to see the clips and interview of Peter Beardsley when he ran a training session that week or the Caps. I think JJ was still a little heavier looking than Beardsley.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0