Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps new owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Team is reporting the Whitecaps have been sold to local businessman "Greg Kirkland". Apparently, he runs some sort of a software company.

Lenarduzzi to be kep on as GM. Anyone know more about this?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The cat's out of the bag

Dude,

The Team already reported it? Hmmm, I thought it was supposed to be announced next week some time.

His name is Greg Kerfoot and he is the Chairman of the Board for Crystal Decisions, who are owned by Seagate Software (I think, I'm not positive about the corporate structure). They are a world leader in reporting/analysis SW for businesses.

It sounds like it's all good news as he's a real businessman/philanthropist unlike his wacky predecessor who, at the end of the day, was pretty immature. I believe he's willing to absorb some losses in the hopes of turning the ship around and has a 2 or 3 year plan in place.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmm... on the surface, that would be huge to have someone like that as an owner. It is our answer to the Sounders/Microsoft/Paul Allen connection :D

~Regsnotsurewhyhesaid"our":rolleyes:

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VP of E business for Crystal Decisions, played for my over 30's team untill his knees went wonky. I was told this past weekend that he want's to come back out with us. (maybe we can be the Whitecaps farm team!!!!)Gord loves his footy, so hopefully he has some input with the new owner. This new owner could prove rather interesting for local soccer.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any chance that the Whitecaps might be playing in Green and White hoops then cside?;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please tell me why anyone would keep Captains buddy, Leonard Bobaduzzi on as GM? When are people going to figure out NOTHING will ever get any better with him at the helm. For fcuk sakes he probably make in the area of $60 - $80 gerrr for the year, think of the players they could pick up for that.

It's Stupid. I can't get over it. The guy has been through how many owners? Does noone see the common denominator here. What's the point?

Bobaduzzi = same old same old.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy Day's

Jinky

I was informed tonight at training that one of my guy's is moving to Victoria(he is going to arrange a party for Hoop fans for the convention). So now I will have room for Gord on my roster. I will see what I can do for the Caps in Hoops. Unfortunatly Crystal Decision's corporate colors are Purple, that would be worse than QPR! Gord also happens to be Croatian(everyone has a flaw), so would Green & White checkered table cloths do?

Csidewhowillwelcomegorgkukecbacktotheteamiftheysponserus!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
neat.......

Off traditionally excellent football news source mybc.com............

Lenarduzzi said he spent six hours with Kerfoot in their first meeting.

"I've just found him to be a real straight shooter," said the former Whitecaps player, coach and general manager. "He asks the right questions and has a great deal of vision. He understands the game well enough, but understands also he doesn't understand the technical side."

Moving beyond Leonard Bobbaduzzi's limited understanding of the the English language and even more limited vocabulary, Kerplunk must not really understand anything whatsoever of the 'technical' side of football. Implicit in the Leonard's sciolistic comments, however, is that the Leonard understands the technicalities of football. The poor soul can't even offer coherent quotes to the press, nevermind run a football club. Bush league stuff.

Best of luck to 'em.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Women "Breakers" must Change Name

There will be a contest held by the WhiteCaps organization for a new name of the Womens Team.

Who here can come up with an original but also marketable name for the Womens Team?

Some of HOS's Choices.

Vancouver Tide.

For that time of the month - Vancouver Red Tide.:eek:

HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0