Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Offseason Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Optimistically, you could read into this that an EPL player who is NOT in the twilight of his career is considering this as a viable move. Cynically, you could read that "you get what you pay for.":D

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is it huge? What is the allure of this guy?

Maybe a great fit, I don't know, but I'm not following why people seem to be so excited about him, especially after I've gone to look at exactly who he is and what he has accomplished?

First His Age (28)

Secondly he did not sign as a DP and has signed on 4 years.

Third he is not Jarju.

Fourth our depth is probably at the top of the league now.

Fifth we are getting a player who is not over the hill with his career.

Sixth internal competition with a player of his skill set cant do anything but improve those around him.

Seventh Bobby is learning.

quotes from Reo

“I am delighted, it will be a new experience and I can’t wait.

“I have done my research, I have spoken to Shaka Hislop and Robbie Earle, guys I have played with and who are now working and living there and it is a growing industry and thought it was something I should try.

So far so good Dezza.. Lets give him a couple games before you roll your eyes then we can revisit your comments

Who have the other clubs attracted this offseason?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far so good Dezza.. Lets give him a couple games before you roll your eyes then we can revisit your comments

Who have the other clubs attracted this offseason?

There are only 3 new DP's in the entire league:

Claudio Bieler (Sporting Kansas City) - 28 yrs old
Rafael (D.C. United) - 20 yrs old
Diego Valeri (Portland Timbers) - 26 yrs old

Rafael is very young so he's a huge unknown. The other 2 I expect to perform well.
The best value DP in my opinion was the mid-season acquisition of Frederico Higuain by Columbus.

Other notable additions around the league:

Carlo Cudicini (LA Galaxy)
Juninho (NY Red Bull)
Mikael Silvestre (Portland Timbers)
Raul Fernandez (FC Dallas)
Diego Calderón (Colorado Rapids)

Currently rumoured:

Javier Saviola
Obafemi Martins
Frank Lampard
Walter Vílchez

Meanwhile a lot of teams strengthened by doing transfers within MLS. The nice thing about that is that you get a proven entity in the league. 'Caps however seemed to go for MLS cast offs who were bit-part players (Hertzog, Heinemann, and Paulo), but at least they are all young and could improve if Rennie is as good a coach as he's been trying to convince everyone he is.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is it huge? What is the allure of this guy?

Maybe a great fit, I don't know, but I'm not following why people seem to be so excited about him, especially after I've gone to look at exactly who he is and what he has accomplished?

Well if he's fit, which if you read from his previous club he is not, he is a good player. I'm surprised you needed to go look at who he was, he has been starting in the EPL for a long time. When two years ago we had players like Wes Knight and Terry Dunfied on the pitch, the prospect of a healthy and fit Reo Coker is exciting. Only time will tell but I could see a midfield of Reo-Coker, Koffie and this Japanese fella being quite solid. It is the MLS, Neymar won't be here for another 15 years, A 28 year old solid player is all you can hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts