Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its not like they cant shite-can the geriatrics if they lose one too many steps... but hey, Wesburn probably has a few kids on their u-18 gold team that deserve a look, right Base?

I would think the guys in severe danger of losing their jobs right now are:

1) Carlyle Mitchell
2) Matt Watson

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its not like they cant shite-can the geriatrics if they lose one too many steps... but hey, Wesburn probably has a few kids on their u-18 gold team that deserve a look, right Base?

I would think the guys in severe danger of losing their jobs right now are:

1) Carlyle Mitchell
2) Matt Watson

WHO???

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB I have nothing to do with Wesburn. There is few local kids that could do just as well as some guys they have. Kids are not given a chance.
I do understand that Caps onley think of number one. That's fine.
Just look at like this. Who pays the Caps coast of operations. Canadian kids and parents do. Few kids should be revorded and be given a chance.
Kid on Victoria United side is as good as any of those guys.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Johnny I see they did spot the Canadian kid for last ten minutes in todays game.When he comes back from National duty maybe he will get bit of playing time.
That was some hacking soccer they played today.
Good points for Caps today, to stay in the run for a playoff spot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a little too early in the morning but if my Mr. Base decoding ring is working, I agree that was some good attacking soccer.

Hacking?

:rolleyes:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, the Whitecaps dont get a cent from the youth players in this province. On what planet are amateur youth players owed playing time by a professional football club?

Oh yeah... Planet Base.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the 2 to 3 thousand dollars times 3 boys times five years when I wrote "payable to the Vancouver Whitecaps", none of that went to the Vancouver Whitecaps?
Every $50,000 job (and there's at least a dozen) given to a non Canadian player is a slap in the face to every youth/parent that supported the Whitecaps development programs over the past decade. In any other country it wouldn't be allowed.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Caps operated (I'm not 100% sure of the current MLS First team) two entities, one was the youth and development which was a not for profit and the other (The Mens first team and Womens first team) as a for-profit professional team and business.

I cannot see the funds being siphoned off a NFP Entity to prop up a Professional For-Profit organization...That wouldn't ever fly imho with Revenue Canada, Sponsors, etc.

so Wednesday, you are right and not right. The Caps MLS First team and Youth setup should be to develop the best players for them regardless of race colour heritage or birth certificate or passport. The CSA is responsible for the Development of "Canadians" not the Whitecaps, it's just cheaper and more sustainable if the bulk of the youth comes from your backyard.

the same applies the world over... would Barca have passed up on Leo Messi over an average Catalonian kid just because Messi happens to have an Argentina Passport? I think not.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the 2 to 3 thousand dollars times 3 boys times five years when I wrote "payable to the Vancouver Whitecaps", none of that went to the Vancouver Whitecaps?
Every $50,000 job (and there's at least a dozen) given to a non Canadian player is a slap in the face to every youth/parent that supported the Whitecaps development programs over the past decade. In any other country it wouldn't be allowed.

You are absolutely right! Parents were paying a lot of money (to either Whitecaps or their so called affiliates) so their kids could participate in Y-League. The term "non-profit organization" was quite abused because the parents were charged an arm and a leg for 3-month Y-League season and a trip to Florida.
Some expenses were absolutely not justified (i.e. professional coaching, trip to Florida), the budget was never presented to the parents, etc. Whoever asked for the details was slapped in the face with this explanation: This is a professional environment with the world class coaching!

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN Of course Barca wouldn't/shouldn't pass up a Messi and nor should the Whitecaps pass up getting the best players they can if they're prepared to pay for them. But that's not the point. The reasoning in Europe goes something like this: if an import is only worth a 50,000 euro salary it is unlikely that he will get a work permit. Bobby L has said there aren't any Canadians as good as the americans they hired out of the NCAA that they pay 50,000 and less to which I and a lot of other people call bullsh*t. Not sure how he would know anyway since he couldn't even be bothered to send anyone overseas to Victoria to scout the CIS finals, (although they did pick up Cam Hundel for the reserves after his name made the papers)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
But are the Canadians who are better than the low-salary Whitecaps players willing to sign for that low salary?

Klazura and Sylvestre are on $33,750 -- I wonder if they have second jobs?

The only one I could see a good argument for replacing is Floyd Franks on $44K. Maybe also Carlyle Mitchell on the same salary, but he is a T&T international, so I wonder if there is an equivalent Canadian that would sign for the same salary?

Anyway, as far as the roster goes Koffie is suspended tomorrow night which means we will be seeing one of Thorrington or Watson in the midfield. My eyes may bleed.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are absolutely right! Parents were paying a lot of money (to either Whitecaps or their so called affiliates) so their kids could participate in Y-League. The term "non-profit organization" was quite abused because the parents were charged an arm and a leg for 3-month Y-League season and a trip to Florida.
Some expenses were absolutely not justified (i.e. professional coaching, trip to Florida), the budget was never presented to the parents, etc. Whoever asked for the details was slapped in the face with this explanation: This is a professional environment with the world class coaching!
So who is stupid? The Caps for selling you a lemon (3 times in a row I might add) or you for buying their pish?

It's a buyers market... isn't there other avenues? Other Academy programs?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who? Name Names.

Harmse? Playing NASL with San Antonio and probably making more than what the Caps were willing to offer, who else?

The Depth of the Pool is much greater for the Americans, and we have a great deal of Canadians playing abroad that might be as good but are "Playing in Europe" See Marcus Haber at Stevenage... There's 300M+ Yanks and 32 Milion Canadians, we are in an American league dominated by NCAA Graduates...

Russell Teibert is about to get his first callup and recently had his first minutes at the MLS level since early last season... He's going to be a capped Can MNT player with loads of promise and he rarely gets a sniff at the park.

I truly don't know what you lot are on about.

The Caps (And I cannot believe I'm defending Bobbaduzzi) are in business to make money and get points. If Rennie and co could get local talent to play and return their investment don't you think they would?! Especially with Canadian quotas? FFS...

If you want to see more Canadians on the Caps you should be looking more (for the short term anyways) about how to trade for good productive Canadians producing in this league already, like Will Johnson and Hainault who are invaluable to their teams, nevermind the likes of DeRosario who seems to have been a cancer at TFC and elsewhere...

Other guys like Bourgault and Pacheco would prefer to play abroad in obscure leagues in the fourth tier of Germany or some such. I don't know why, but they do.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS: Here's your current Canadian MNT for the T&T Friendly
#Pos.PlayerDate of birth (age)CapsGoalsClub
1GKLars HirschfeldOctober 17, 1978 (age 33)400 Vålerenga
18GKMilan BorjanOctober 23, 1987 (age 24)80 Sivasspor
2DFNikolas LedgerwoodJanuary 16, 1985 (age 27)180 Hammarby IF
3DFRussell TeibertDecember 22, 1992 (age 19)00 Vancouver Whitecaps
4DFDejan JakovićJuly 16, 1985 (age 27)110 D.C. United
5DFAndré HainaultJune 17, 1986 (age 26)272 Houston Dynamo
11DFMarcel de JongOctober 15, 1986 (age 25)181 FC Augsburg
13DFAnte JazićFebruary 26, 1976 (age 36)321 Chivas USA
15DFDoneil HenryApril 20, 1993 (age 19)00 Toronto FC
6MFJulian de GuzmanMarch 25, 1981 (age 31)564 FC Dallas
7MFTerry DunfieldFebruary 20, 1982 (age 30)91 Toronto FC
8MFWill JohnsonJanuary 21, 1987 (age 25)271 Real Salt Lake
12MFJonathan Beaulieu-BourgaultSeptember 27, 1988 (age 23)60 Preußen Münster
16MFPedro PachecoJune 27, 1984 (age 28)60 Santa Clara
20MFPatrice BernierSeptember 23, 1979 (age 32)462 Montreal Impact
9FWTosaint RickettsAugust 6, 1987 (age 25)133 Politehnica Timişoara
10FWLucas CavalliniDecember 28, 1992 (age 19)00 Nacional
14FWEvan JamesJune 19, 1990 (age 22)00 Montreal Impact

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also think this out. These fringe caps don't play. At all. Do you as a Canadian want players that could be capped rotting on the caps bench or playing elsewhere and developing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0